PDA

View Full Version : Martin the merman

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey guys!

I'm Martin, a longtime fan of merfolk, Andersen, Weeki Wachee, Aquaman, and the like. I'm a gamer, an amateur artist of sorts, and a library science grad student. Always up for RPGs and costume design conversation, and glad to be supporting the Chesapeake Pod (though I'm curious about what the coat of arms will look like... the most noteworthy sea life in the area are dolphins and crabs and gulls) here. I have a story (possibly a series) that I'm working on, tentatively called Aegir's Cove, about a small beach town that is home to a group of people touched by the spiritual children of the sea (Spirits of Crustaceans, Cephalopods, Carnivorous Fish, more tropical fish, and Air-breathing Marine life) and able to merge with their marine spirit animal to become mermen and mermaids with "tails" (or tentacles, crustacean legs, gull wings, etc) based on that creature's form. My current protagonist is a Leafy Sea Dragon merman who teaches surfing classes in his human life.

Alveric
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Welcome! Always glad to see a fellow Mer-fiction author.

Alveric

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks! What sort of Mer-Fiction do you write?

Alveric
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't know if it's a specific type, perhaps fantasy-romance. I recently completed a novel (Hannah's Tale) for which I'm seeking a publisher. The title character gets caught in a 'magical accident' at a role-play/cosplay convention in which most of the participants gets transfomed into the costumes they were wearing. She becomes a mermaid; her future husband, a Jedi knight.

Alveric

Azurin Luna
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Welcome! A fellow gamer and rpg player :D

AniaR
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
um, your story sounds awesome and I want to read it. <3 welcome!

Alveric
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Let us know when and where it's available to read.

Alveric

Mermaid Shelly
12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I love Sea Dragons; that is awesome! It is great to meet you :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
There is the original rpg version up on teennick's website message boards, but it's still showing its origins (in addition to mythology and folklore about merpeople, I threw in details from white wolf's Blood Dimmed Tides and forgotten realms' Sea of Fallen Stars... had to change those for the actual written version).

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
And Azurin Luna, what sort of games do you like to play? I'm big on MMOs, some fantasy strategy games, and RPGs (both computerized, video-game based, and pencil-and-paper style... haven't tried any larps yet).

ShyMer
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Any thoughts on the Chesapeake coat of arms design? I was thinking about getting that started.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Not sure, ShyMer... we might want to ask Malinghi how he created the others.

Mermaid Luna
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Welcome, Martin! =) It's great to have another merman around! ^_^