PDA

View Full Version : I am Jazz: Transgendered and a Mermaid!

AniaR
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone, I didn't get to catch it but many of my classmates today told me about a documentary that aired about a transgendered girl named Jazz who makes her own mermaid tails! Jazz has been transgendered basically since 6 from what I've read and her family is really pioneering raising her openly like that.

Here's some info I found: http://janetmock.com/2011/11/25/i-am-jazz-transgender-jeanette-documentary/

Here's her youtube (moderated by mom) http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnetluvsgreg you should totally watch her videos.

I sent her mom a little message just to introduce the mermaiding community and let her know many mers here like to advocate for LGTBQ rights! I told her about the mer-queens calendar and how mermaiding has been for me. I think she'd like to know there's so many of us out there and that it's something she could do when she's older too! :)

kazekoh
12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I saw your post on face book~ She is such a cute little girl..! ;v;

Mermaid Saphira
12-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I would have never know! What a beautiful girl! I would have loved to read more about her mermaid tails <3

AniaR
12-01-2011, 04:42 PM
yes I couldnt find a youtube clip or anything, I'll keep an eye out

Mermaid Saphira
12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
^ great..thank u :)

Mermaid Saphira
12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I found a video with Jazz in her mermaid tail---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H0PO77DZoY&feature=channel_video_title

AniaR
12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
thanks aqua I'll share it too!

Mermaid Saphira
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok great! Srry I could find more photos..I just happened across this one ^_^

AniaR
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Remember Jazz the beautiful transitioning girl who loves mermaids? She's certainly left a big impression on her mermaid sisters and brothers around the world! I contacted Jazz's mom to explain a bit about the mer community and how we're welcoming and want to show support and she directed me to this charity! Here you can make a donation to help trans kids everywhere! In the way she's heading I have a feeling Jazz is going to be a real splash-maker. Also check out the site to see Jazz as a mermaid!!! ♥www.transkidspurplerainbow.org

Jazz's mom had this to say:

Hi,

Thanks so much for writing. Jazz was so excited to read your email. She of course wants to know where you got your tail. She wants a realistic one so badly. LOL We would also love to buy a Calendar. Please let us know where to order one. Also, can you spread the word about our foundation. We are trying so hard to help transkids who have been thrown into the streets by families who don't accept them. Our website is: www.transkidspurplerainbow.org. If every mermaid were to donate $5 we could help save lives.

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
Jeanette and Jazz

Im going to email her back and let her know where to buy mertailor's calendar (I dont support mertailor, but I do think the calendar is an excellent idea and great for a trans kid who loves mermaids to look up to!) and give her the links to tail makers :)

Mermaid Shelly
12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Im going to email her back and let her know where to buy mertailor's calendar (I dont support mertailor, but I do think the calendar is an excellent idea and great for a trans kid who loves mermaids to look up to!) and give her the links to tail makers :)

You're so awesome Raina! So happy you've taken her under your fin :)

AniaR
12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
her interviews are so amazing shes so well spoken. If I had the means Id commission a realistic tail for her myself. In one of the little visdeos she's swimming under water in the tail she made and it looks so awesome!!!

AniaR
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Jazz was on 20/20 tonight! I also wanted to share these photos of her, gurl is so well spoken, I cried through the whole thing I was so proud!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/409577_335518226537999_529304904_n.jpg

you can follow her on FB https://www.facebook.com/TransKidsPurpleRainbowFoundation

I was thinking it would be cool to make her a video featuring a bunch of mers!

Tasha Mermaid
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I i seen Jazz ages ago in the tv documentary, a few years back, she is so adorable and i think her parents are s amazing for allowing her to be who she truly is. One of my younger brothers (i have 5 alive and 1 that past on as a baby, all younger i'm the only girl) has recently told me that he feels he should of been a girl, he likes to transform himself into a girl and is always asking me tips on things such as wether he looks to masculine in things.
Also a friend of mine who was born a girl underwent transgendered surgery to remove the uterus and ovaries and is now a man, in fact you wouldn't believe he ever WAS a female, he is currently married to my best friend who is a lesbian.....a big step for a couple here in australia, i cant remember how they got around our laws.

Jazz is such a beautiful girl, with such a beautiful soul, i wish her only happiness :)

New York Mermaid
01-20-2013, 03:11 AM
such a doll i want to hug her. Kudos to her for doing what she does. Raina thats a sweet idea!!

MermaidBrittany
01-20-2013, 03:39 AM
Wow!! To be as young as she is and face the world in such an open way, that is simply amazing! Good for her, she is a very brave and inspiring little girl. :) Thanks for sharing!

I have actually read somewhere that transgender children fall in love with mermaids very often because of their tails. The "typical" mermaid is pictured with her tail starting right below their belly button, meaning they have no genitals to be identified by. Therefore making it extremely easy to be whichever gender they wish. I thought that it was interesting :)

AniaR
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
yes they mentioned on this most recent TV special that there is a trend of transgendered kids loving mermaids

MermaidBrittany
01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Oh i havent seen it, i should watch it.

jazz2453
04-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone! This is Jazz. I recently joined this network because I wanted to learn how to make my own silicone mermaid tail when I came across this page! It made me so happy to see that the mermaids in this community support me! My mom has told me all about the kind emails and messages! I also wanted to thank Raina for your beautiful article:)

MerEmma
04-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Omigosh, WELCOME! It's so great you joined, I think it's fantastic to see you here! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

MermaidBrittany
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
YAY! Welcome welcome! :) Glad you found us and just wanted to say you're amazing!

MerAnthony
04-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Welcome Jazz. In here we are all willing to help in any way. If you have any questions just ask an we will answer to the best of our ablity or direct you to where you can find the answer. Again welcome.

Sammyantha171
04-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Yay! Welcome mermaid Jazz! :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
04-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Hey, that's great to hear... Welcome, Jazz!

Mermaid Lilium
04-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Also a friend of mine who was born a girl underwent transgendered surgery to remove the uterus and ovaries and is now a man, in fact you wouldn't believe he ever WAS a female, he is currently married to my best friend who is a lesbian.....a big step for a couple here in australia, i cant remember how they got around our laws.

He probably changed his gender on his birth certificate and passport etc so legally he's a male - I would have thought that that's how he managed to make it happen =)

and Jazz I'm so happy you found the community! I found your story online and was just blown away by what a strong young woman you are. And I ironically found the mer community completely separately about 2 weeks before I saw the documentary about you and then I've joined this site a few weeks later! Keep being you and you'll never stop being amazing <3

Mermaid Wilamena
04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
@Jazz,welcome to the community, my name is Wilamena and I am also transgender.:D

jazz2453
04-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Wow thank you all:) And yay! Awesome Wilamena!

AniaR
04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Wow! Hi Jazz! I am so glad you liked the article, I didn't link it here yet, but for anyone who is interested we did an article on Jazz for the latest issue of Tail Flip and you can read it here (http://issuu.com/t_obrecht/docs/tail_flip_issue_5)I'm really glad you decided to join us. When I first heard your story a while ago it inspired me to learn more about transitioning kids and I took a few workshops through the "The Youth Project"- a local advocacy for LGBQTA youth!

I'm so thrilled you've joined the community and I hope you find out lots to help you on your mermaid journey! <3