PDA

View Full Version : Does this company still exist?

AniaR
03-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Someone was asking on facebook if this company still exists. Apparently their website hasnt been updated in 2 years. Facebook hasnt been updated since August 2014 https://www.facebook.com/mermagica?fref=ts

If they arne't active it may be time to take em out of the list! Anyone buy from them lately???

Starfrit
03-10-2015, 11:23 PM
The reviews on their Facebook page— yikes! Looks like they disappeared off the face of the planet and took a bunch of customers' money with them.

That's... Not good.

Xianne Lime
03-10-2015, 11:47 PM
That's an excellent question!!!
might as well ask the mers from TX that are nearby to check what's going on with that company.

JamesGunnels
03-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Mermagica is from the east coast though, isn't it?

Mermaid Jaffa
03-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Their white monofin is the same one I found on alibaba.com
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/mono-palet-cocuklar_1871558380.html

MerAnthony
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
I have a account with Mermagica an I sent them a email to ask if they are still in business when I get a reply I will repost.

malinghi
03-11-2015, 12:21 PM
The reviews on their Facebook page— yikes! Looks like they disappeared off the face of the planet and took a bunch of customers' money with them.

That's... Not good.

Wow, those reviews are pretty bad. I just sent them a message on facebook and via email. Anthony, let me know if they reply to you. Raina, thank for pointing this out.

Winged Mermaid
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
They replied to the message Malinghi sent out saying they're still making and shipping tails, so they're still in business

Xianne Lime
03-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Their FB page gives Denton, TX as their location.

Xianne Lime
03-11-2015, 02:45 PM
It's a curious thing that both their FB and Website are not updated.

So does anyone have a personal contact to the folks who run this company? Just to clear more things up.

Fun123joker
03-11-2015, 03:49 PM
man really mermagica? back where i was a young mermaid on youtube, mermagica was the sh!t but tbh now looking back at them... eh

Rett
04-14-2015, 08:34 AM
man really mermagica? back where i was a young mermaid on youtube, mermagica was the sh!t but tbh now looking back at them... eh
Thats what I was thinking! Mermagica and Magictail.de were the only well known mermaid tail makers to young mertubers!

MermaidRuby
04-22-2015, 02:21 PM
I own 2 tails from mermagica.When I ordered my first one in August 2014, it took almost a month for it to show up on my doorstep. I repeatedly emailed and called them, asking why it was taking so long, but no respone. In my last message to them, I angrily threatened them with a lawsuit if they didn't send me my tail in due course. I'm ashamed to admit I also used a few f-bombs, but then again, this was my first tail and I was very frusterated with the serious lack of customer service. I still didn't recieve a response, so I reached out to Mermaid Marla. I had seen her in a Mermagica ad featuring a new type of tail they were debuting, so I decied to take a shot in the dark. Thanks be to the Goddess above, Marla responded and was glad to help me. She told me that the company had changed ownership recently to the oringinal owner's brother, who is a pilot and isn't home too often. When I ordered my second skin in October 2014, it arrived in the time quoted on their website. I think my messages and Marla's messages finnaly reached them. But honestly, They seriously need to do a MAJOR overhaul of their customer service department.

Mermaid Adrienne
01-05-2016, 02:44 AM
I ordered recently actually... about 5-6 days ago... the money has been taken but no delivery details have been sent to me. I should have checked the facebook reviews first cause now i'm quite anxious that it wont come. silly me. Ill wait a few days more to see if I get anything.. if not, Ill be using a diy tail out of leggings to swim in for the 20th of january as well as my spare monofin. I'm wondering if this company is still going still actually considering the facebook page hasnt been updated.

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 07:19 AM
I ordered recently actually... about 5-6 days ago... the money has been taken but no delivery details have been sent to me. I should have checked the facebook reviews first cause now i'm quite anxious that it wont come. silly me. Ill wait a few days more to see if I get anything.. if not, Ill be using a diy tail out of leggings to swim in for the 20th of january as well as my spare monofin. I'm wondering if this company is still going still actually considering the facebook page hasnt been updated.

Jema what kind of payment did you used?

There may be a way to get a refound 😊

Mermaid Adrienne
01-05-2016, 07:25 AM
yes, I trouble shooted it on paypal so hopefully that works... ?

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 08:26 AM
yes, I trouble shooted it on paypal so hopefully that works... ?

It should PayPal protects buyers more than sellers so you should get your money back 😉

Mermaid Adrienne
01-05-2016, 09:30 AM
hopefully soon lol... really shattered about this news :( but maybe I could purchase something better on ebay :) I found a mertailor tail listed on there.

Starfrit
01-05-2016, 11:16 AM
hopefully soon lol... really shattered about this news :( but maybe I could purchase something better on ebay :) I found a mertailor tail listed on there.

Be super wary of MerTailor tails listed on eBay... Some are alright, but a lot of the time they're put there because there's something really messed up with the tail that Eric refuses to fix. Bad monofins, falling apart, flaking paint, etc. Most resellers getting rid of 'em for those reasons will at least mention the issues in the description, but it can still be nasty business.

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Be super wary of MerTailor tails listed on eBay... Some are alright, but a lot of the time they're put there because there's something really messed up with the tail that Eric refuses to fix. Bad monofins, falling apart, flaking paint, etc. Most resellers getting rid of 'em for those reasons will at least mention the issues in the description, but it can still be nasty business.

Yes I completely agree...
Unfortunately Mertailor's tails on eBay have a very strange story each time.
I still remember what happened on the forum almost two years ago with that black and yellow tail that at the end has been purchased by some girls.

PearlieMae
01-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Why don't you save up until you can get a tail from a reputable tailmaker? Do your research, it will save you time, money and heartache. You should get a tail from Fifi, she's in Australia and makes awesome tails!

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Why don't you save up until you can get a tail from a reputable tailmaker? Do your research, it will save you time, money and heartache. You should get a tail from Fifi, she's in Australia and makes awesome tails!

I agree but at the same time I think that the list of tailmakers should still be updated because usually it is a resource also for people outside the community.
I mean it is safer for everyone if at least there is written that the company haven't been so active in the last years.

Mermaid Adrienne
01-05-2016, 11:58 AM
oh, what was up with the tail? o.o

Mermaid Adrienne
01-05-2016, 11:59 AM
I've chosen to stay away from his silicone tails as I've heard the seams split and honestly the designs aren't exactly to my liking. :/

PearlieMae
01-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I agree but at the same time I think that the list of tailmakers should still be updated because usually it is a resource also for people outside the community.
I mean it is safer for everyone if at least there is written that the company haven't been so active in the last years.

The mods don't have the time to monitor the entire site, or change users' names that often, much less keep up with tailmakers that slip off the face of the planet. Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware. I don't spend a penny with out doing my research beforehand. Moderators aren't here to spoonfeed us.

Edit: Kassandra, if you want to post updates, I'm sure no one will object! :D

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
The mods don't have the time to monitor the entire site, or change users' names that often, much less keep up with tailmakers that slip off the face of the planet. Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware. I don't spend a penny with out doing my research beforehand. Moderators aren't here to spoonfeed us.

Edit: Kassandra, if you want to post updates, I'm sure no one will object! :D

I wasn't saying anything of that about the mods I only meant that it could help, it wanted to be a suggestion or a thought but a kind one made with the best of the good intentions!

Fish how it is easy to get misunderstood writing things instead of talking 😓

I saw someone messaged them and they replied but it was almost one year ago if I'm not wrong....

I will let anyone know anything if I have the chance to get in touch with them but it seems to me too that they discontinued their business.

PearlieMae
01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Whoops! I didn't mean to sound bitchy! My apologies!

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Whoops! I didn't mean to sound bitchy! My apologies!

Don't worry! :)
Again an example of how someone can be misunderstood by writing something, doesn't matter how much politely you can write things, there's always a possibility to sound differently from what you intended to 😂😂

Aysun_the_Mermaid
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Off topic, but is that related to "resting bitch face" ?

Where someone types something neutrally and it sounds angry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sherielle
01-05-2016, 04:18 PM
"Resting Bitch Typeface"?

Mermaid Kassandra
01-05-2016, 04:58 PM
"Resting Bitch Typeface"?

Same for me, I don't know what does this means o.O

Mermaid Whisper
04-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Aw, I miss Mermagica! They were the first ones I looked at way back when. Any chance they'll make a comeback? *sits on hands*