PDA

View Full Version : Gaddings Dam - UK. Anyone come along with me when it's warmer?

Sammyantha171
03-13-2015, 11:56 AM
So I went to Gaddings Dam a few weeks ago to see what the place was like, and I'd really love to come back here in the summer when there isn't any ice covering the lake.
It was about as thick across as my wrist, but I did manage to break some of it up and splash in the water.

Anyway I'm definitely going to be going there again when it's warm, and I'll most likely find a few other nice places to go swimming as well, but if there's any mers around here, Manchester or Leeds etc, then maybe you could come along as well. :) I'd really love to meet some of you.
I'll be going anyway even if noone can come along, but I thought I'd put the idea out there incase there is.

Here it is: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Gaddings+Dam,+Todmorden,+West+Yorkshire+OL14/@53.6989002,-1.9437356,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487bbff3382570d7:0x487bbff312f8a a81

Mermaid Enora
03-13-2015, 12:10 PM
So can't come since I'm not even in the same area by any stretch of the imagination. :)
st michaels mount in Cornwall is gorgeous and so magical looking if I could take my mermaid anywhere in the uk that's where I'd go. It's about a 6 hour drive don't know it that's posdible for you. Here in Texas for me a 6 hour drive isn't that long.
I visited st michaels mount in 2012 and it's just a photo op begging for a mermaid!

Sammyantha171
04-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Oo that does look amazing. :) I'll have to plan out a trip there sometime for sure. Train there would take most of the day, so maybe a mini holiday instead of a day out.
Did you get any mermaidly photos when you went Enora?

Mermaid Enora
04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Alas no, when I went I didn't even have a concept of a tail. But I still thought the whole time that it looked perfect for a mermaid.