PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MerNetwork Fundraiser

malinghi
03-20-2015, 02:40 PM
It's been a while since the last fundraiser, and we're looking to collect money to help support the cost of running the website. Donations are totally voluntary but greatly appreciated. Everyone's generosity really helps!

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/winged_mermaid/btn_donateCC_LG.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YFP4TR8HSAT6U)

Kishiko
03-20-2015, 02:45 PM
The code you put in didnt show up right

PearlieMae
03-20-2015, 03:21 PM
DONE!

I went ahead to the link anyway, and it worked. :)

malinghi
03-20-2015, 03:31 PM
The code you put in didnt show up right

Sorry, I was still trying to figure out how to embed the paypal link while you were trying. It should be working now.

Toxotes
03-20-2015, 06:17 PM
It worked.

shimmygoddess
03-20-2015, 07:21 PM
done, wish I could have given more

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Thank you for this forum malinghi, happy to help :)

Mermaid Harmony
03-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Done. Thank you both for running this forum and making it a good place for all the merfolk :-) You both rock.

Azurin Luna
03-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Made a donation too :)

Venessa Louisiana Mermaid
03-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Hey maybe the fundraiser could be every time someone gets banned they have to pay a dollar to get back on. Shannon and I would make it RAIN on here. :lol:

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-22-2015, 01:20 AM
In my opinion that could lead to encouraging further bad behaviour Venessa, although I see the funny side.

I've actually posted what I think is a brilliant idea for fundraising for mernetwork on the videography section of the forum. It could work if people collaborate :)

OrcaMatt
03-22-2015, 07:37 PM
I think I gave like, the day before you started this, but I'll set up a monthly recurring.

Which you can do, by the way, in case you were wondering!

Winged Mermaid
03-23-2015, 12:55 AM
I think I gave like, the day before you started this, but I'll set up a monthly recurring.

Which you can do, by the way, in case you were wondering!

I was wondering who that was! Thank you very much Matt! <3

And thank you SO much to everyone who has donated so far! This stuff really helps us out :) We had a recent unexpected expense to clear up some trouble with the site (it was WAY over our heads in terms of techy stuff, we couldn't do it ourselves), and you all have covered that!
Now we are working on being able to cover our yearly host fee when it comes due a couple months :mermaid kiss:

Marlin
03-23-2015, 07:05 AM
@ Iona or malinghi-

How long is the fund raiser running? I would like to donate but I have to wait till payday next week.

dcwttaoo1
03-23-2015, 08:38 AM
The link for the fund raiser don't work.

malinghi
03-23-2015, 06:30 PM
The link for the fund raiser don't work.
Are you browsing using Tapatalk? I just tested it with Tapatalk and the button doesn't work. It should work when you click on it from a desktop computer or while viewing the forum on a mobile device while using a web browser instead of the Tapatalk app.

Kishiko
03-23-2015, 06:40 PM
It works for me in Tapatalk. You just have to click follow link when a menu pops up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrcaMatt
03-23-2015, 07:37 PM
now we are working on being able to cover our yearly host fee when it comes due a couple months :mermaid kiss:If you have an actual number you're working towards, maybe think about adding a traditional 'fundraiser thermometer'? People tend to respond to the progress towards a defined goal.

Mermaid Wesley
03-23-2015, 11:16 PM
I can't donate much but I do love this site so *tosses spare change in the pot* <3

Ilyena
03-24-2015, 12:52 AM
Same with Wesley, can't give much since I'm out of work but anything helps hopefully ^_^

Winged Mermaid
03-24-2015, 04:02 AM
@ Iona or malinghi-

How long is the fund raiser running? I would like to donate but I have to wait till payday next week.

No worries Marlin! We'll take the notification down probably in another week, but donations are always open, year round :) If you go to the forum home page and scroll down to the bottom the donation button is always down there now - thanks to Malinghi's super skills!

Winged Mermaid
03-24-2015, 04:11 AM
If you have an actual number you're working towards, maybe think about adding a traditional 'fundraiser thermometer'? People tend to respond to the progress towards a defined goal.

Here's our progress folks :) And thank you for giving even small donations- EVERY little bit helps! :highfive:

OrcaMatt
03-30-2015, 11:09 PM
How are we doing?

Winged Mermaid
03-31-2015, 12:28 AM
I haven't had any more donations come in after the last post, so still the same. Good news is that the payment isn't due till June so we have some time :)

AniaR
03-31-2015, 07:07 AM
We should charge for name changes. ;)

Toxotes
03-31-2015, 07:55 AM
The exchange rate is not that good on my side, but I could afford to donate a bit more.

Mermaid Kelda
03-31-2015, 08:07 AM
We should charge for name changes. ;)
I thought we already did?
Though, yeah, we'd be raking it in if we charged for first-time changes, I don't think it'd go down too well :P

Anita Mermaid
04-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Fundraiser. Excellent idea! How much would need to be raised to get an actual mobile service other than tapatalk? I think that would be a much wanted and worthwile investment.

Winged Mermaid
04-02-2015, 01:27 AM
I thought we already did?
Though, yeah, we'd be raking it in if we charged for first-time changes, I don't think it'd go down too well :P

2nd time name changes are any donation over $1 or they have to greet 20 new users. Maybe we should start charging more for 2nd name changes, I dunno.. what do you guys think?

Fundraiser. Excellent idea! How much would need to be raised to get an actual mobile service other than tapatalk? I think that would be a much wanted and worthwile investment.

It's $200 for the mobile app. And we just put down $80 out of pocket (not part of the fundraiser) to fix a big issue, and still need to raise $65 just to cover hosting this upcoming year. Plus we actually make money from the Tapatalk ads that helps support the site- all the money we've earned from that is already counted in the fundraiser, plus any money we had leftover from last year's donations, btw.

Is there any reason why people don't like Tapatalk? I've never had an issue with it.

Mer-Crazy
04-02-2015, 07:54 AM
I was fine with taptalk until it updated and changed where all the buttons were and now I find I have a lot of trouble finding functions I can easily locate on the mobile site. Obviously it has benifits like being able to post pictures and (I don't know if this is an issue everyone has on their phone or just me) when I use the real site on my phone it doesn't display threads properly unless I'm in landscape. Overall though I just like the familiarity of the mobile site.

SummerRogue
04-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Tapatalk was great until the update, I deleted it this morning :(

AniaR
04-02-2015, 09:09 AM
I actually find the new Tapatalk easier but it can be tricky at first. Maybe I'll take some screen shots and post a tutorial.

esther
04-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I bought a lot of U S Proof sets to help someone raise money, as they make swell gifts for birthdays & anniversarys. I would donate all profits to you or someones cause. let me know esther

Mermaid Ellowyn
04-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Couldn't donate much at the moment, but hopefully it adds up!

Talia
04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Mine was only a tiny drop in the ocean, but I hope it helps.

Lotus the Mermaid
04-06-2015, 12:33 AM
Donated! I'll be sharing this and praying for success for the site! <3

Mermaid Kate Silverfin
04-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Donated :)

Winged Mermaid
05-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Great news! We raised enough to pay this year's hosting fee! :dance:The invoice for the upcoming year came today, so it's all paid off and taken care of for another year :) THANK YOU soooo much everyone! It really means a lot to us that you donate to help cover the costs of the site! :group hug:

Mermaid Wesley
05-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Hooray!

Aquarianne
05-20-2015, 10:31 AM
I know the fundraiser is over but I went ahead and donated just now anyway. After all the help, tutorials and advice that I've gotten from MerNetwork to successfully make my own tail, I'd be remiss in not paying it back! XD Thanks for being awesome!

Winged Mermaid
05-21-2015, 02:05 AM
I know the fundraiser is over but I went ahead and donated just now anyway. After all the help, tutorials and advice that I've gotten from MerNetwork to successfully make my own tail, I'd be remiss in not paying it back! XD Thanks for being awesome!

Thank you! We accept donations year round, all of the money always goes to the site- if we don't use it for upkeep in the year it will go to help cover next year's hosting fee :)