PDA

View Full Version : Advice Regarding Selection of Mermaker

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-22-2015, 02:48 AM
I love Raven's designs very much, I have no idea how long her wait time is at present.

1. I very much want to have a blended waist is Raven presently the only mermaker who designs blended waist?
2. Are there any other mermakers who actually can successfully create and design matching jewellery, headpieces, bracelets, waist bands/belts, necklaces and earrings to match with the tail and top?
3. My design is quite complicated, other than Raven are there any mermakers whom can recreate a complicated artistic design?
4. Is there any mermaker whom can make jewellery, tail and top in one order without going to multiple makers? And someone whom can use like seashells and other pieces such as silicone for the tops?

Thank you.

Mer-Crazy
03-22-2015, 02:58 AM
I love Raven's designs very much, I have no idea how long her wait time is at present.

1. I very much want to have a blended waist is Raven presently the only mermaker who designs blended waist?
2. Are there any other mermakers who actually can successfully create and design matching jewellery, headpieces, bracelets, waist bands/belts, necklaces and earrings to match with the tail and top?
3. My design is quite complicated, other than Raven are there any mermakers whom can recreate a complicated artistic design?
4. Is there any mermaker whom can make jewellery, tail and top in one order without going to multiple makers? And someone whom can use like seashells and other pieces such as silicone for the tops?

Thank you.
At the moment there is no real way of guaranteeing that you'll get a spot with Raven, I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'wait time' as she only takes orders when she wants to/ can. It's all luck, you may happen to get one tomorrow. You may not get one two years from now. Once you do manage to get an order in it's about 300 day wait time.

Raven is the only one who does the blended wait. It's her trade secret so even if someone else did attempt it, it wouldn't be the same.

As far as I know Raven is the only tail maker who makes shell/ any kind of accessories really.

I believe FinFolk would very easily be able to handle an intricate and complicated design.

All tail makers offer silicone tops, if you're after shell accessories you're better off going to etsy sellers.

Winged Mermaid
03-22-2015, 03:41 AM
1)A lot of the silicone tailmakers do "blended waists" but they're not the same as Raven's, hers are unique :) Mostly what other makers do it just try and paint the top of the tail to match the customer's skin tone.
2) As far as I know the other silicone tail makers don't offer jewelery or sets like Raven does. Though MerNation and Finfolk offer scale bracers. I've seen Mertailor and MerNation make the odd hair clip and shell necklace, but I've never seen any pricing. It couldn't hurt to ask though, they may only do that stuff for customers who request it.
3) Finfolk is really good at custom work like that, Mertailor could be good, I've seen him do some nice work. He does charge extra for special/involved designs though, and also his paint does crack/chip so if it's an intricate design, damage could be really obvious.
4) Other tailmakers do silicone tops, but I haven't seen any that embellish the tops like Raven does. Also for the jewelry thing see my #1 answer.

In the end, to get what you want it sounds like you'll either have to wait for a spot with Raven, or order things you can't get with other tailmakers from other people. No one is quite the "one stop shop" for everything like Raven is ;) But people order from other mers and etsy shops all the time to get things they couldn't get from their tailmaker. After all most tailmakers are just focused on just making tails, and sometimes tops.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-22-2015, 04:18 AM
Okay, I'll be a good mer and I choose to wait patiently.

Would Raven mind if I send her an email once a week stating Ready to Order? :O_o: Or am I flooding her inbox too much???

Thanks everyone.

Mer-Crazy
03-22-2015, 04:26 AM
I think that may be flooding her inbox yeah haha. From what I've heard at the moment Tyler is taking the emails anyway and will just tell you there's no slot available at the moment or something like that. I totally get the urge to do that though haha. You don't want to miss out so it's hard.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-22-2015, 06:39 AM
Do you remember the drinking water bird?

I feel like that bird instead of drinking water, I would be prepared to have the bird's beak aimed for the send button key on the keyboard, *malicious laugh*

*Evil smile*

Raven Tyler, do you still like me *after effect twitching*

AniaR
03-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Many tail makers do their own version of a blended waist but I have yet to see any as successful as Ravens, and knowing her method I think it'll be a while before anyone else pics it up.

Some tail makers do adds on but Raven is leaning more toward doing complete sets because she prefers that to just doing things individually.

Mertailor has done some complicated paint designs and so have finfolk.

Raven PREFERS to make it all in one order.

If you havent already yet AND you have the funds to pay just send an email and say "ready to order entire merbellas set" and I'm sure she'll pick you when she has a spot. She much prefers to do whole sets and complicated designs.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Truly? Raven likes complicated designs *hugs* Raina, you are the first to say that about Merbella, I know within my heart 110% that Raven will be the only mermaker for me then.

Even though I've written to her, I'll write the email up differently this time.

Thanks for the information.

Winged Mermaid
03-23-2015, 03:52 AM
Oh yeah, Raven loves complicated designs! She loves being challenged and loves bringing grand ideas to life, especially when she can make a whole set to go with! I thought you knew, even though thinking back there's no way you would especially since you're new on here, silly me :P I hope you can snag a spot with her soon!

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-23-2015, 05:31 AM
Thanks Iona, you are a sweetie <3 *very excited*

MermaidShannon
03-23-2015, 07:53 AM
Mike Van Daal sends me pics all the time on progress. Even a few videos. He is responsive. My tail will be completed next week and I ordered it in February. He can make accessories (etsy has amazing shell jewelry selection) AND he does custom sculpts on fins. My tail was around 3200 and he can even make you a Barbie doll with a silicone tail just like you. Wait until you see this tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk