PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids of Louisiana Spring Splash

BayouMermaid
03-25-2015, 08:42 AM
It's that time of year! And we are ready to make waves!

Swim with mermaids in the most magical city in the south, New Orleans! Join the Mermaids of Louisiana, a group of independent mermaid performers, at the UNO Aquatic Center as we kick off the summer with a splash.

UNO Aquatic Center
6801 Franklin Ave
New Orleans, LA 70122

Saturday, May 2, 2015

5pm-8pm

3 hours total:

5pm-6pm Private swim for mermaids only. $10 at the door. Message bayoumermaid or email bayoumermaids@gmail.com for more info and for ticket details.

6pm-7pm Kids hour.Tickets for this portion are only available online.

7pm-8pm Poolside jambalaya dinner and mermaid mocktails (no alcohol)

This event is hosted by Bayou Mermaids LLC.

FAQs

What can/can't I bring to the event?
Swim suits are required for swimmers. Make sure to bring your cameras! Water guns, outside food, alcohol, and weapons are not allowed. Floaties are recommended for kids who cannot reach the bottom of the pool, which is 4 feet. For safety reasons, mermaid tails and/or restrictive costumes may only be worn in the pool by adults 18 and older.

What is the pool like?
UNO's pool is an indoor pool that stays around 82 degrees Fahrenheit. That means that no matter what the weather, we'll have a great time! The depth ranges from 4 feet in the shallow end to 12 feet in the deep end. For this reason, floaties are recommended for children who may not be able to reach the bottom.

Who are the mermaids?
Each year is different, but this event attracts both well-known performers and recreational mermaids alike.
To see some "behind the scenes" footage, check out this youtube video from last year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahpC2Gwn2po

What else should I know?
Children must be accompanied by an adult supervisor.

Mermaids do not count as lifeguards or adults for the purpose of swimmer supervision.

By purchasing tickets to this event, you and your party understand that there are inherent dangers when swimming at a pool. While lifeguards and mermaids will work to ensure the safety of swimmers, you understand that participation is at your own risk, and you accept all responsibility for yourself and/or your party.
By attending this event hosted by Bayou Mermaids LLC, you agree to not bring any charges or claims against Bayou Mermaids LLC, UNO Aquatic Center, or the performers/ assistants associated with them.

I'm a mermaid too! How can I get more info about what y'all do?

Email bayoumermaids@gmail.com and tell us about yourself!

Aziara
03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Yay! So excited!