PDA

View Full Version : Best Natural Places To Swim In Georgia?

Rett
04-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Hey guys,
So I live in Georgia (not ANYWHERE near the beach) and figured that since there are probably other mers also facing this problem, we could start a thread about it. So, other than the ocean what are your favorite (natural--no pools) places to swim? Any springs? Which lakes are clear? Are there any good mer-friendly rivers? Post your favorite and least favorite places to swim and why or why not you love them! That way we all have some (hopefully new) ideas about where we can/should swim! :D

NerineArcticMermaid
04-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I haven't found any here in Georgia but there is a spring in Alabama that's not far.. blue springs, Alabama... nice place...there is a video on my YouTube channel of it.

mermaidkasey
04-12-2015, 01:05 AM
I'm thinking once I get used to swimming like a mermaid I would try Lake Lanier. I once went to this river/large creek near Wahalla in South Carolina. Depending on what area you live in it could be a nice day trip. It was such a beautiful spot, but down a long dirt road. I'm not sure I could find it again. If I do I'll let you know. haha

Rett
04-13-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking once I get used to swimming like a mermaid I would try Lake Lanier. I once went to this river/large creek near Wahalla in South Carolina. Depending on what area you live in it could be a nice day trip. It was such a beautiful spot, but down a long dirt road. I'm not sure I could find it again. If I do I'll let you know. haha
Ive swam in lanier and while its still fun to swim in a larger body of water, just let me warn you the visibility is 0 and the Georgia clay in the water stains fabrics (not sure about silicone or latex). Just something to keep in mind if your tail is fabric and has light colors :)

Mermaid Joie
06-18-2015, 01:31 PM
I swim (mono fin only) in Allatoona Lake all the time. I can see about two feet in front of my face with goggles when other swimmers (mostly kids) kick up sand ugh. It is easier to see when few or no people are there.

darksiren
10-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Redtop Mountain. Very murky, though.

Mermaid Lorelei
10-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm going to be trying out Sandy Creek Park's Lake this weekend. It's a nature center just outside of Athens. I'll let you know how it goes.