PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii mermaid experience

AniaR
04-03-2015, 03:14 PM
I want to go so bad... http://www.seethroughsea.com/mermaid-experience.html

Merman Arion
04-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I WANT TO GO ! :cheerleader:

I plan to write a huge mail to my parents to convince them that this is THE trip I want to do this coming summer. For my 26th birthday, they offered a free trip of my choice for me and I have some funds from my grand parents so I might make it.

I will keep you all updated :D

Mermaid Sirenia
04-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Arion I hope you're able to do it! You deserve a photoshoot like that!!

PearlieMae
04-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Wow! I'd love to go! What a dream!

AniaR
04-03-2015, 04:40 PM
it would cost us at least 5000$ Canadian to both go. I can dream

Mer-Crazy
04-03-2015, 05:31 PM
It's only an extra $1250 for a flight from Australia... I can do that... maybe next year... :(

Wait... is this a thing they'll be doing next year?

Vrindavana Starfish
04-03-2015, 05:55 PM
That package is a great deal. Wow.

BayouMermaid
04-03-2015, 11:08 PM
I want to go so badly. My mom's side of the family is from the big island, so I could make it an extended trip and visit my family as well :) I'm a bit out of funds for the time being though (trying to buy a house).

Theobromine
04-04-2015, 03:18 AM
They're already down to one spot left! I wanna go soooo bad, but I don't have the funds and my husband refuses to take any time off from work for any vacations because his mum is supposed to visit from Australia this year (but we don't know when yet so we can't make any plans).
Damn, though.

Theobromine
04-04-2015, 03:19 AM
That's clearly gonna be such a popular option though, I'll be astounded (and bitterly disappointed) if they don't repeat it at some point).

Mer-Crazy
04-04-2015, 03:21 AM
That's clearly gonna be such a popular option though, I'll be astounded (and bitterly disappointed) if they don't repeat it at some point).
I emailed them asking if this was a one off thing or something they were going to do again. This was their response:
"We're certainly hoping to put on another Hawaiian Mermaid Experience at some point in the future but aren't making any promises yet. It really depends on how well this first one goes! Here's hoping we book up and everyone has a fantastic time!"

Mermaid Harmony
04-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Ya'll if any of you come and don't hop down to Oahu after for some fin fun, we're gonna need to chat. :-)

Mermaid Sirenia
04-04-2015, 07:05 AM
5 out of 6 spots already reserved within 24 hours! Wow!

Merman Arion
04-04-2015, 07:32 AM
My parents are going to call me back later today, I hope nobody takes the last spot until then :biting nails:

Fins crossed they support this trip and say yes :meditation:

Merman Jamie
04-05-2015, 09:20 PM
This is awesome. Would love to do this one day

Mer-Crazy
04-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Well the July spot is closed, but there's another one for August. 2 spots left!

Seatan
04-23-2015, 08:47 PM
I WANT TO GO SO BAD....!!!!! Alex, did you ever get ahold of your parents? Two August spots left! You and me, merman?

AniaR
04-23-2015, 10:34 PM
I want to goooo *sobs* but it would be so much extra for us with flights and conversion baaah

Seatan
04-23-2015, 11:49 PM
It sounds SO awesome, but I am also trying to save money to return to live in Honduras for six months while I get my SCUBA instructor certification... So do I really want to spend the money to go to Hawaii? YES I DO I DO I DO--but will I reget it later? Aaaaah, I almost don't care--that's how much I would LOVE to go! *slams head into wall*

AliciaUnderwater
07-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Update! Our July Hawaiian Mermaid Experience is going "swimmingly"! Our ladies have enjoyed fun in the sun, beautiful coral reefs, sea turtles, two photoshoots and a luau! We've got another photoshoot scheduled for tomorrow morning and then it's playtime for the rest of their stay! We're excited to share photos and videos soon! - Jim & Alicia

AniaR
07-13-2015, 09:26 PM
been watching online, it looks AMAZING. :D

SIF
07-13-2015, 11:34 PM
I want to go so badly. My mom's side of the family is from the big island, so I could make it an extended trip and visit my family as well :) I'm a bit out of funds for the time being though (trying to buy a house).

Bayou, we should go together and visit family on the big island. Maybe even hook up with the pod down there for a swim or two...

Tom Cardwell
07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
I could have done this, still kinda bummed.
Wanted to take my wife to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary last year but failing to sell our house killed that. I actually emailed finfolk about making a tail by July 25 ( 6 months) for my special birthday but their reply on January 30th said their production was out to Nov/Dec so I put down a deposit. I'd wished they would have emailed me back by March 1st saying they had this promotion in the works, hang on, you might be able to get your finfolk tail for your birthday and take a magical trip to Hawaii. Just after March 10th I was 100% committed to buying my pink Mernation tail. *shrug*
Really hoping its offered for next July, we will so be there! Can't wait to see the pics from my friends who went. and ask them a million questions.

AniaR
07-16-2015, 09:57 PM
just because you make the trip doesnt mean they could of had your tail ready for the trip. I know people who ordered back in fall of last year who should be getting them soon.

I'd love to see pics from the people who went!

Tom Cardwell
07-16-2015, 11:36 PM
"Also, as a BONUS, if you are a CURRENT client and sign up for this event, we will make sure your tail is ready and waiting for you when you get to Kona. "

I was a current client.
Anyways, gonna see if I can wrangle up a pre made group for either end of April or same July dates next year and start saving.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AliciaUnderwater
07-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Quick Update! We wanted to announce that one spot opened up for our August 4th - 11th 2015 event! If anyone's interested in coming out and enjoying a week under the Hawaiian sun with fellow mers & See Through Sea, email us at info@seethroughsea.com!
Our first event was wonderful! Still can't believe it flew by so quickly! We're so thankful to have made so many new friends and can't wait to share photos/videos!!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-18-2015, 02:27 AM
I wish there were more packages like this available to mers who can't swim underwater. It's a really neat deal, and I can't blame anyone who can swim underwater for wanting to go, but even if I could afford it, it really wouldn't apply to me...

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 02:31 AM
Are you referring to maybe a beach only photoshoots?

Princess Kae-Leah
07-18-2015, 02:57 AM
Are you referring to maybe a beach only photoshoots?

Well, first of all, I mean this event organizer no ill will, and I'm sorry to be a broken record and poo-poo on other's fun. I used to feel extremely insecure about my lack of swimming ability, it was one of several factors that put me in a very bad place emotionally and mentally when I was first active on here. I'm a very stubborn person, so it took me a while to admit that my complaining wasn't solving anything and that even if I can't actually swim and free dive like Hannah and Linden, comparisons are a very unhealthy thing, so I can just be the best mermaid I can be by working within my limits and being willing to compromise sometimes. Iona/Winged Mermaid gave me some good "tough love" advice on that that I'm grateful for. I ended up eventually buying a monofin and enjoying getting a bit of exercise flipping my fluke in kiddie pools, and I am now open to the idea of attending a mer-meetup at a pool. Still, when I see events that are targeted strictly to those who are able to swim underwater well, I sometimes get this knee-jerk reaction of "well, that doesn't apply to me so...". I can understand why there's a demand for such events, so of course I know it's not fair of me to say such events shouldn't happen for the sake of those who it applies to, which is probably a majority of the mer-community.
With all that said, yeah, I guess beach shoots could be part of it, as well as events that are at shallow pools. I'm just a big believer in inclusion, I believe everyone should have the chance to feel like a mermaid whether they're a skilled swimmer or not

Mer-Crazy
07-18-2015, 03:10 AM
I'm just a big believer in inclusion, I believe everyone should have the chance to feel like a mermaid whether they're a skilled swimmer or not
Inclusion is all well and good... but to me, it kind of sounds like a case of going to a steak house and complaining that they only offer steak. If you don't like the fact that they're offering only deep sea shoots... don't go? If you want to go to Hawaii and only get dry shoots done, then go to Hawaii and hire a photographer for dry shoots. At the end of the day no one is forcing you to go to this event, if they were then maybe you could complain about inclusion, but this is a paid service and, at least in my opinion, you don't pay for a service and then complain that you don't like the service, especially when other services more suited to what you're after are available.

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Hold on, I'll give you my thoughts which bridge the inclusion. :)

AniaR
07-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Did you all know that pirate/ mermaid pearl can't swim? She goes to all the major events. She was a special guest at merfest. She Just never swims. Shell sit in water for photos and that's about it.

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 03:27 AM
Was gonna say, many mers at nc merfest didn't get in the water.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-18-2015, 03:29 AM
You told me that before Raina. I was like "Really, awesome". I never would've guessed as she's at least moderately famous on the mermaiding circuit and has a pretty realistic tail, as far as I can remember. I guess she just never advertised her lack of swimming ability and instead marketed herself with what skills/appeal she does have

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 03:37 AM
I could see them offering the base $800 per person rate for companions to mers who dont swim (basically room cost and transport) and bring in a friend photographer for land shots, god knows wedding photographers there would know all the killer spots. Have a $400 rate for 5 days of multiple location shoots, significant cheaper than underwater, their underwater equipment is ungodly expensive. Could accommodate up to 6 non swim mers with 6 swim mers + non swim companions.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-18-2015, 03:47 AM
Yes those are some good ideas Tom!

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 06:49 AM
I would have pounced the open slot but that's the weekend my wife is flying to the Death Star outside of Dallas for a conference, she booked it last year. I'm a dead man if i go without her. [emoji14] next year.

Mermaid Enora
07-18-2015, 03:38 PM
I wish there were more packages like this available to mers who can't swim underwater. It's a really neat deal, and I can't blame anyone who can swim underwater for wanting to go, but even if I could afford it, it really wouldn't apply to me...

Hey Kae-Leah
if you're looking for a dry beach photoshoot with high quality photos try dreams photography aboard carnival cruise line.
I took my tail on a Caribbean cruise to Cozumel and got amazing photos. The cruises run year round and are relatively cheap if you go in off season. I paid $300 for a week cruise in February. The photography is a little pricy but very well worth it. The lowest price package is $800. I chose the $1200-1500 (I forget exactly) package which included all the digital copies and rights, 70 printed photos, 1 video, and a coffee table photo book.
And I got a 3 hour photoshoot.
I drove down to Galveston to get the cruise and had no problem getting my tail past security. Really nice to get to a tropical local without having to fly my tail

edit, my avatar pic is from dreams photography

Tom Cardwell
07-18-2015, 08:33 PM
$800 for dry package?
$1000 for underwater seem like the deal of the century.

Mermaid Enora
07-18-2015, 10:53 PM
but its cheaper to get to the Caribbean than to Hawaii. :)

AliciaUnderwater
07-19-2015, 02:00 AM
Depends on what side of the continent you're on

Princess Kae-Leah
07-19-2015, 02:49 AM
Yeah here on the West Coast, I'm pretty sure Hawaii is closer

Mermaid Enora
07-19-2015, 09:13 AM
yes that is true
edit: sorry didn't mean to get off topic

MermaidBrandie
07-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Not to mention how pretty the Caribbean is pretty. Plus Cruise!

There's plenty of options for dry shoots, no need to be upset that they're offer offering underwater getaways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess Kae-Leah
07-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Yeah, apparently Raina's company offers dry mermaid makeover/photo packages, and I applaud her for that :) Her company is great with making sure everyone in the area is accomodated

AniaR
07-20-2015, 02:34 AM
Dawww. Yup :)

Mermaid Ripple
08-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys! I just wanted to reply to this as a mer who happened to go to the first Hawaii Mermaid Experience!

I had put down a deposit on my tail from the Finfolk sisters in July 2014. My slotted production month for my tail to begin was June 2015. They had finished it the night before I had gotten there. Talk about getting down to the wire ;) However, I love my tail and I'm impressed with the girls work under pressure.

I have incredibly high praise for Ali & Jim. They were incredibly accommodating to everyones swimming abilities, especially in my case. I have never swam in open water, much less in a silicone tail! They offered a great basic crash course in freediving and safety procedures. I managed to get down to at least 15ft underwater without any previous training. My biggest thing about this trip was communication and the fact that I could comfortably communicate with Ali and Jim about questions/ concerns/ ideas made it so much better.

I would definitely go again in a heartbeat. If you have any questions about it that you'd like answered by a participant I would be more than willing to answer you to the best of my ability. You can see pictures from my trip on my facebook page :)

AliciaUnderwater
10-17-2015, 05:59 PM
If you're curious about how the first two Hawaiian Mermaid Experiences went, here's a link to our newly uploaded video with behind the scenes footage of some of our favorite moments! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6bCNi1xOc

We have two upcoming events, one in December and the next in January! Join us for a week of fun in Kailua-Kona this winter!

AniaR
10-17-2015, 08:25 PM
oh darn, lol already got my trips booked for other places. Well, next on my list! I'll just start saving til you do more :D

Merman Arion
10-17-2015, 08:31 PM
oh darn, lol already got my trips booked for other places. Well, next on my list! I'll just start saving til you do more :D

You and I think alike. I got the exact same idea LOL

Mer-Crazy
10-18-2015, 12:42 AM
They've actually got a bunch listed on their website now (I check in every now and then) some not in Hawaii either. Ohhhhhh if they were to do one in cairns on the grate barrier reef I would be there in a heartbeat! <3

AliciaUnderwater
10-22-2015, 01:35 AM
One week left to reserve your spot in the December Hawaiian Mermaid Experience! This photo is of our client Bella Beleza who came from Amsterdam and wasn't comfortable even sticking her head underwater in the pool on the first day of the event. We gave her tips on how to safely swim in the ocean in her tail and we held a practice session in the pool and then Boom! She rocked it in the water in her Mertailor tail! Couldn't have been more proud of her!

We'd love to meet and work with all of you! We have two events coming up in Kailua-Kona: one in December and one in January and then we're going abroad! We thought it'd be a good chance to meet some East Coast/Caribbean mermaids and decided to host a Mermaid Experience event in Grand Cayman in April!

We're so excited to create sensational new images for our clients and love meeting so many wonderful people in the community! Thank you to everyone who's joined us and to all of those who have such kind words for us! We cherish your friendship and support and hope to continue to help make mermaid dreams come true! 33672

Spindrift
10-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Definitely interested, and I'm in Hawaii on a different island. Just need to figure out finances. :x

Mermaid Enora
10-24-2015, 12:13 PM
I wish I could get more time off work and go to the Cayman island one!

AliciaUnderwater
12-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Here's a photo from our third and final Hawaiian Mermaid Experience event of 2015! This is Mermaid Victoria Waterlily and this photo is from her very first underwater shoot ever AND it was her first time EVER in a tail! Did she nail it or what?!
As always, we're so thankful for the kindness and support in the community! We love all of you and hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!! - Jim & Alicia Ward

Spindrift
12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Would love to visit someday!!

PetLoverSpy
12-08-2015, 06:51 PM
You're coming to Cayman?? I'm definitely going to look at that package, because that would be ... loads of fun. Plus no traveling costs xP

Mermaid Wesley
12-08-2015, 10:59 PM
That is a beauuutiful shot.

Dolphin Man
02-22-2016, 06:59 AM
This looks like fun! Any date or plan picked out for end of 2016 or 2017?

Kuda de la Mer
03-01-2016, 12:08 PM
It looks like they're still offering this during 2016! How nice would it be to go! :-)

AniaR
03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
uggh we have family there in a week. I WISH I WAS GOING.

Echidna
03-01-2016, 04:20 PM

this is a fantastic looking tail!

Who does it belong to?
The model looks like she was born in it.

Mermaid Enora
03-01-2016, 05:35 PM
this is a fantastic looking tail!

Who does it belong to?
The model looks like she was born in it.

i think that's one of the twins?
ive seen two matching tails of that design.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-02-2016, 08:03 PM
The tail belongs to the twins, but the model is someone else.

LouLouBelle
03-04-2016, 07:28 AM
The model is Victoria Roos.

https://m.facebook.com/FrauRoosCircusArts