PDA

View Full Version : North Pacific Pod Introductions!

LindseyLu
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Some of you know me from Mer Yuku as Arshes, but most of my friends call me Lindsy-Lu...or Naturegirl as I do love the outdoors! I live in Oregon in the beautiful city of trees, Tualatin. Only a little over an hour from the beach so I spend lots of summer days on the coast with friends! I'm very excited about this new site!!! Can't wait to start meeting even more local mers!!!! :cool:

Princess Kae-Leah
07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm a dry mermaid cosplayer(meaning I don't actually swim!) from Washington state.

LindseyLu
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Good to meet you Princess Kae-Leah! ;)

Maple
07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi LindseyLu and Princess Kae-Leah!

I'm a brand new Mer from Vancouver, British Columbia. It's so nice to know there are other Mers so close by to me!

LindseyLu
07-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Maple and welcome! :)

mermaid hannah
07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
hey! im mermaid hannah! im from vancouver island aswell! haha its awsome to think that there are mers near by! we should have a get togethejr!

Maple
07-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Welcome Hannah!

We should totally have a West Coast Mer BBQ!

mermaid hannah
07-26-2011, 01:15 AM
we should!

courtneymermaid
07-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Look at all the Canadian mermaids! This is awesome! Hi everyone!

LindseyLu
07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Yay!!! I vote for BBQ in Seattle :) That's right in the middle of our "designated" pod area yeah??? Lets plan for it someday for sure :):):)

courtneymermaid
07-26-2011, 07:50 PM
@LindseyLu: That would be pretty awesome!

mermaid hannah
07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
we should! i love seattle. we can do a little shopping go out for dinner, would i be the youngest in the crowd? im thirteen!

Maple
07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
The real question is...do any of us live in Seattle?? I was thinking a real BBQ but we can twist my arm...

My goodness Hannah! You might be! I'm double your age!

mermaid hannah
07-27-2011, 12:33 AM
twenty six?! haha thats not that old! its just what i love to do so i figured why not? right? haha

LindseyLu
07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
LOL ;) ok Hannah u might be the youngest! I'm 13 backwards LOL so yep I might be the oldest, but my lack of maturity cancels out a few years ;)No, I don't live in Seattle, just trying to think of a place we could all meet up someday :) I've never been to Canada though??? ;)

mermaid hannah
07-27-2011, 11:56 PM
hmmmm.... well....im not sure i dont know. but maybe when i get a tail (assuming you all have one) the vancouver aqarium (which is amazing) could hire us to do a group show together! that would be so much fun!

Maple
07-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Ooooh...I think, where ever we decide to meet up...we must visit their aquarium!

Little_Orca
08-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Another Oregon mermaid here. ;) not much else to say.

Oceana
08-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Hello! Another Canadian mermaid here!

I am the second Vancouver/BC mer to have surfaced (the first being my friend Bri, in Kamloops) or "come out of the clamshell" LOL.

I am living currently in Orlando, Florida working for the Canadian Pavillion in EPCOT, but I'll be visiting Vancouver from August 11th to the 17th. If anyone wants to get together for a swim or meet up, drop me a message =)

mermaid hannah
08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
your the third bc mermaid! you forgot me!! haha thats alright, welcome! when we have a bbq your totally invited!

Alexi
09-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi! I'm Alexi from Vancouver Canada... I've been on sick leave from work and watching H20 on Netflix combined with my longer hair (I think my interest in merfolk gets bigger or smaller in direct proportion to my hair. Long story) has gotten me really into merfolk again. I'm saving up for my first tail. Probably an Aquatail or a Mermagica to start. I'm so excited. I had no idea there were so many merfolk in Vancouver. I've always had a passion for swimming and grew up in pools. I have one in my building so I can practice with my tail in private first. :)

MermaidMisty
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello all! I'm Mermaid Misty, from Oregon! Lovely to meet you!

Rangerbrook
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello all!
I'm from Tacoma WA. My daughter and I are both Mers. She got her tail first though. I just got my Monofin and I'm testing it out before I get to constructing a swimable tail. Meeting in Seattle would be cool. Maybe in 2012 we could kick this off at the Seattle Aquarium.

Derek Broussard
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone.

I just moved back to Seattle Wa.

I am an aquatic human, and make most of my income by my underwater photography. Taken 100% on Breath hold dives.

I love freediving, experiencing the magic of the ocean and it's creatures. If anyone is interested in learning more about diving techniques or anything else, let me know!

ballerinamermaid
02-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi everybody! I'm Breanna! At the moment I'm living in Colorado, I just moved here from southern oregon with my family, but in a couple weeks I'll be moving back. I'm also thirteen, and I don't have a tail yet, but I'm going to be making one or buying one as soon as I get back. :)

Winged Mermaid
07-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Hello everyone! My hubby got stationed in WA, so we just moved to Silverdale WA! That's on the Olympic Peninsula, across the bay from Seattle. Really interested in meeting the other mers in this pod!

Raayvhen
07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi there! I guess I'm the only Olympia mermaid so far. I'm still making my tail but its definitely on its way to being done. I can't wait to meet all of you!

Zora
07-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Are there any mermaids in Hayden idaho? I go to Seattle to meet up with my best swim bud every few weeks which is awesome but I would be nice to meet some one closer to swim with somewhat regularly

LindseyLu
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Sounds like we should do a meet up in Seattle or somewhere in the WA area!! There are so many beautiful lakes and swimming holes up there anyway!

@Winged Mermaid if you are ever down on Southern WA or in the Portland area I would love to meet you!! And if you like having your mer picture taken I could spend hours upon hours doing that!!!!! :)

Raayvhen
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I do agree about a Seattle Meetup! We could go to the aquarium or something and then go swimming at Matthew's Beach on Lake Washington.

Mermaid Arianna
07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
hello! another oregon mermaid just stopping to say hi. so HI! :)

Mermaid Arianna
07-15-2012, 11:21 AM
We should totally do a gig at the Seattle aquariam! Oh and Hannah I think I might be the youngest im 12 and almost 13! :P

Mermaid Eutha
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Other Oregon mermaid near Eugene.......any body close by?

FreshWaterMermaid
08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone!
I thought I'd join this pod, looks like I might alone though... I'm in southwest Washington state. Like Vancouver, wa/portland, or, area.
I've been mermaiding mostly in the Lewis river and lake Merwin area. I'd love to do a meet up sometime!
I'll try and keep in touch! I'd love to meet more mermaids!

Winged Mermaid
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm in southwest Washington state. Like Vancouver, wa/portland, or, area.
I've been mermaiding mostly in the Lewis river and lake Merwin area. I'd love to do a meet up sometime!
I'll try and keep in touch! I'd love to meet more mermaids!

You mean I get to meet my original mermaid inspiration??? Fangirl: OMG!! :yay:
I still love to swim to "Teardrop" by Massive Attack (with my swimp3 player)- you made that a mermaid song for me :)

We have a couple of meet ups coming up! We have the Ren Faire at Bonny Lake (either the weekend of the 18th or 25th- still up in the air, there's a thread) and the Aquarium meet up in Seattle on Sept 22nd. We're also plotting a big mid winter meet up with a huge indoor pool.

We also have a FB group if you haven't joined it yet: http://www.facebook.com/groups/252896128117650/

Zephyr
08-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Haven't gotten my tail yet...but I'm a Mermaid-To-Be from Portland :)

Little_Orca
08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome Zeph.

Morticia Mermaid
08-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Hey all. I'm new to the site and I'm in the Albany/Lebanon Oregon area. My mermaid name is Lexia. Haven't gotten it changed just yet. I'm working on making my first tail, and I'm hoping to be able to make them for a living before too long

Triton-Mahtlinnie
09-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Hello everybody :3 Another newbie to the site here, my name is Ed, and I live in downtown Seattle. (Though I do venture up north and anywhere I can bike/bus too :3)

Moongazer
09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone. I'm a brand new Mer from Vancouver Canada. I will be getting my new used tail soon from Blue Mermaid and am looking forward to joining all the fun!

I will be moving to Downtown Vancouver after October, but I currently live in Surrey.

FreshWaterMermaid
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
You mean I get to meet my original mermaid inspiration??? Fangirl: OMG!! :yay:
Aquarium meet up in Seattle on Sept 22nd. We're also plotting a big mid winter meet up with a huge indoor pool.

We also have a FB group if you haven't joined it yet: http://www.facebook.com/groups/252896128117650/

I will definitely have to add myself to that group, I'm terrible at forums and didn't see your response until now LOL
I'd SO love to come and do a meet! I haven't even been to seattle yet, I'd love to go to the aquarium too
And I'd TOTALLY be down for some indoor pool swimming in the winter! lol YAY!
Love being able to talk to all you awesome merfolk!!!

FireHair
09-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Hello :) I am an unnamed mer from Oregon... Still trying to find a name... Must say this pacific water is freezing!

Well technically still tail-less...

Seamist
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Hello there everyone :) I am brand new, constructing my first tail right now. I live in Tacoma so I think this is the right pod for me. Very happy to meet everyone.

Seamist
09-21-2012, 10:33 AM
I live in Tacoma....pretty close to Seattle. I also have a house--so hosting a meet/bbq/fire pit party is a breeze. Very glad to meet you all.

Raayvhen
09-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Welcome! I'm an Oly Mer so sounds like we're pretty close! Don't forget to check out the aquarium meetup thread! That's happening this weekend.

Seamist
09-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks Raayvhen for the welcome. Wish I could make the aquarium meet! Just got back from a whirlwind of travel....house is a wreck :) Cleaning for me, and tail design of course! Just ordered my first fin, finding the fabric, design almost complete. I'll feel like a real pod member here shortly!

Maple
09-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Hi Seamist! We'll have to meet up at Iona's November swim. The Seattle meet was amazing; I can't wait to meet more mers :)

Mermaid Caidence
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Just moved to Vancouver Island. :) Pretty cold for someone who lived in Va. xD I live in Courtenay, BC. A lot of Canadian mermaids live in Vancouver, though I'm the only one on the map. I think more people should sign up.

Mermaid Margarete
09-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm brand new.
I live about 40 mins south east of Seattle, WA. In a small town hardly anyone knows the name of XD But I do work in Bellevue, so I'm up in that area a lot.
I'm really excited to get to know my pod in this area (since my family thinks I'm insane for wanting to become a mermaid).

MermaidBrittany
10-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello! Im glad i get to meet mers from around here! :) I have always loved mermaids and have a couple tails and intend to make another.

MerKat
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Greetings all! I am known as the Krimson Kat in pirate circles. My mermaid name is MerKat. My 2 daughters and I have been planning our mermaid debut's for a couple of years and have just come out of hiding this past summer. My younger daughter and I have had the joy of delighting young fans in a local lake over the summer and are very excited to be a part of the pod! We live in Sammamish, just east of Seattle.

Mermaid Octavia
03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Hello! I'm very new to the underwater world of mermaids and I stumbled upon this forum through my doll collecting hobby, odd as it may sound. The idea of swimming around in a tail and seeing the magical light in children's eyes seems like a dream come true to me. I'd love to see a mer or two in person! Maybe one day I'll have my own tail but for now I'm just a mer in spirit. :) Oh, and I'm here in Portland!

Theobromine
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! So, apparently I never really introduced myself when I first joined this forum a couple years ago (I'm pretty bad at posting, I'm more of a forum lurker but I'm trying to come out of my shell more, so to speak). I'm from Issaquah, WA, just east of Seattle, but I currently live in Tulsa for work :( But it sucks here so I'm moving back to Seattle as soon as I can, HOPEfully at the end of August when our lease expires. Just hoping I can find a job when I move back home :-/ Anyway, I've been obsessed with mermaids all my life, and I've been swimming with my Rapid monofin for a few years now and I just finished my first fabric tail. I'm going to use it for practice, but I also just ordered a full silicone tail from Finfolk Productions and I CAN'T WAIT! I would also love to meet other mers when I get back home! So many people here laugh at me for being a mermaid.

Ponytales
05-25-2013, 07:36 PM
So I guess I ought to post here. Living near Portland, fairly new to the area still, originally from New Jersey. I don't own a tail yet but going to give a shot at making one once I'm better situated here. I've been collecting mermaid stuff for years and even had a fabric tail as a kid. Still need to get a monofin and find a good place to swim at. Hope to meet some of you guys sometime!

FreshWaterMermaid
05-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Definitely would love to meet! Where in Oregon if you don't mind me asking?
I'm just north of Portland ^_^
Good luck on making your first tail! It definitely is a fulfilling task lol
And you're in the right place for resources and questions ^_^

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Ponytales
05-25-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm southeast of Portland by about 20 minutes! Its pretty bad that I had to google that, haha. I still have no idea where anything is here.

FreshWaterMermaid
05-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Lol I dread going into Portland cause it's so confusing lol I've lived in WA since 2009 and I still get confused lol
I'm excited that you're so close! Yay for more mermaids in the north pacific pod that aren't in northern Washington lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

SeaSister
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone! I'm brand new, so I figure I should just introduce myself wherever I can. :P

I think it's really neat that there seem to be a number of mermaids all in the same area as me. Where have you all been hiding?! I've been living in the Vancouver region for my entire life and have never seen one, lol. Mermaids are just very elusive, I suppose.

JaceAquarius
11-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Hello I'm fresh and new here. I live around Portland.

I tend to be busy, but would love to see some actual merfolk in my area-ish. Currently I have almost no support, and it would be nice! Anyway I'm loving the site and look forward to talkin with you lot!

Mermaid Octavia
11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi Jace! I'm from Portland too! SW to be exact. Where are you? I know of some pools nearby that allow mermaids, so maybe we could go swimming sometime!

JaceAquarius
11-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Hello Octavia! I'm in SE Portland but driving is fine as I use to drive 1.5 Hours one way every weekend (suddenly everything seems closer). But yea that would be fun!

JaceAquarius
11-07-2013, 01:33 PM
PS I don't currently have a Mer-tail I do however have a monofin.

Dee Tal
11-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm also in SW Portland. I don't have a tail yet either (I should be getting a monofin in about a month) but would like to know the mer-friendly pools for future reference.

JaceAquarius
11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
The only ones I know of are Cascade Athletic Center (but it is a health club), I did ask the Clackamas Aquatic Park and they said they allow monofins. Those are the only ones I know of though.

Oceana
11-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Just moved to Vancouver Island. :) Pretty cold for someone who lived in Va. xD I live in Courtenay, BC. A lot of Canadian mermaids live in Vancouver, though I'm the only one on the map. I think more people should sign up.

If you haven't already, you should hook up with SeaDance Photography! I believe she's located in Courtenay as well. She's pretty passionate about mermaids and a wonderful person.

I had no idea so many mermaids were from Vancouver! I have a few mermaid friends here that aren't on the forum as well.

Mermaid Karina
12-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Hey fellow Mer sisters! :) I'm Mermaid Karina and I live in Seattle area, WA. Would LOVE the chance to actually swim with a pod sometime! Always been a dream of mine. I currently have one mer friend whom I swim at the gym with, but that's all the mermaiding I've done here since I moved up here from SoCal in March. Find me on Facebook if you wanna hang out and do a photo shoot or something! My page is Mermaid Karina: Siren Of The Sound

SIF
12-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Hey all, I'm Nyssa (Nisss-uh). I'm in the Beaverton/Aloha area and am obtaining a tail soon. Anyone interested in hanging and swimming off stress near Feb/March? I've been on here for a while now and can't believe I never found this. There's so many of us in the area....

Dee Tal
12-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Welcome!

I'm in Portland and should have my tail hopefully done by then so I'm game.

Lorelei
12-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello everyone! :) I often have gone by "Lorelei" growing up, but have been trying to change over to my second name, "Varasai" (there's way too many Lorelei's now, I really don't want to get lost in the crowd @_@) I used to be part of the pod of Cali, but moved to Moscow, ID in August, so that now means I am part of the North Pacific Pod :) (although I do often visit Cali to see family and friends when I can).
I'm not on here much, but I've been trying to make an effort to be on more often and maybe trying to make a few meet-ups after I get my silicone tail, however I make no guarantee about being able to make it sense I'm pretty much in the middle of no-where, haha.
Look forward to getting to know you all a bit more :)

JaceAquarius
01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Hello Mermaid Karina! Nice to see another face on here! I bet socal was nice to swim in, as it has warmer waters than up here!

Nyssa I'm in the process of making my first tail and depending on my determination I could have my tail done by then. I'm making it out of fabric as it's my first attempt but hey gotta start somewhere right. It would be fun to get people together to swim in our tails!

Grim it's nice to meet another merman! And your name reminds me of the show Grim!

Lorelei I hope you settle in well to ID! Nice to have you in the Pod!

Ottery
04-29-2014, 03:41 AM
Hello! I'm Krystal, and I'm relatively new here. ^_^ No fin yet, but I am very crafty and I can probably make my own to start out with. I don't have a second name yet, but I think my first name is pretty mermaid-y enough at the moment! XD I'm currently in Estacada, which is in the middle of nowhere sadly. I do live right next to a local park, so I can get in some awesome photography sessions. There is a local pool that you can rent for the day in Sandy, but I'm not sure if they let you in with tails. I'll have to check it out.

Little_Orca
04-30-2014, 02:04 PM
The only ones I know of are Cascade Athletic Center (but it is a health club), I did ask the Clackamas Aquatic Park and they said they allow monofins. Those are the only ones I know of though.

Portland Parks and Recreation allow them in their Mt. Scott pool and Eastside pools.

Connor Fin
05-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Hi, I'm Connor and I'm very short to the point
18 years old
speed skater on land
Bothell, Washington
I don't have a tail yet, just a monofin (Hydra So Dive Blue)
senior in high school
LOVE SWIMMING UNDERWATER.

well, that's me in a nutshell.
Looking forward to swimming with you guys sometime! :)

Mermaid Syaira
06-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Any Australian Mers here?

Theobromine
06-15-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm not Australian but I lived there for three years and have an Australian husband, does that count? :P

Mermaid Syaira
06-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Yup i would say that counts =)

Kacina Odonley
06-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone, Aspiring fresh water mermaid here from Spokane Washington,:cool: waving""

Winged Mermaid
06-16-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm in Kitsap County- specifically in Silverdale :mermaid kiss:

Don't forget to join the Pod group on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/252896128117650/).

Kacina Odonley
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Smiles ** thank you , nice to say hello :) Im a member of the washington mermaid pod and merfolk" on FB. Is there a North Pacific Pod ? Id love to join. I havent had any luck finding any NPpods
yay found it, thanks again :)

Kacina Odonley
06-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Super good luck with your tail JaceAquarius :) I hope it turns out great!

Lily
06-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi, I'm Lizzy. I moved to Portland about a year ago from San Francisco. I'm in NoPo right now (on the border between Portsmouth and St. John's) but looking to move soon. If you saw the news stories about the arsonist in North Portland who set a whole bunch of stuff on fire early last month... My car was the one in all the broadcasts :( So yeah, not feeling particularly great about this neighborhood anymore.

I don't have my tail yet and I'm torn between making my own or purchasing a Merbella's later this year. I'm fairly crafty and my journey to my Bachelor's of Fine Arts (emphasis in painting) included many years of sculpting, molding, casting, etc, so making my own is very appealing. On the other hand, I'm completely in love with Raven's designs and can't decide. #mermaidproblems

Kacina Odonley
06-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi Lizzy :D , nice to meet a fellow artist, I love Ravens tails , of course i love most tails,lol. I couldnt decide ether so out came the sculpting clay and im hoping I dont make a mess, lol. Im a mermaid fighting a fear of water, I know, sad! lol. so Id like to have a zipper in the first one, but I love the look of silicone and dont mind heavy or uncomfortable as long as I can get dressed up :) So lots of ideas going down in my studio and fins crossed.
Cant wait to see what you do Or if you get your merbellas , Super good luck ;)

Lily
06-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Im a mermaid fighting a fear of water, I know, sad! lol

I'm battling a fear of fish, myself. It's the gaping mouths and the unblinking, soulless eyes... *shudder* I've been doing a lot of research on fin and scale shapes, trying to decide if I want to make a tail, and it's been like exposure therapy lol. Here's hoping mermaiding will help us both get past our fears!

SoulStellar_M
06-24-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm new to these boards. Consider this an introduction. I live in the Washington area. King County to be more specific. I learned about this forum from someone I met yesterday and decided to see what it was about. I won't have much to offer in terms of experience, but after reading through a few threads, I've decided that I may stick around and see what the future holds, here.

Hello.

Winged Mermaid
06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
The more the merrier! I was a part of the meet up yesterday, was such fun :) Glad we could snag another person in the process! You know I really should get business cards for MerNetwork since so many people ask about mermaiding when I'm out an about in mermaid attire :P

Theobromine
06-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Business cards sound like a great idea. I'd hand 'em out!

Lily
06-26-2014, 01:27 AM
Get plastic ones! They're waterproof, so you could carry them with you. I've been in communication with some customer support people here and they're awesome :http://plasticprinters.com

Kinda pricey, but the cool factor is off the charts.

Winged Mermaid
06-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Pricy overrides cool, especially since the admins spend so much out of pocket for this site already :P I'm thinking I'll just print some out on regular paper. Thanks for the idea though :)

empressmone
06-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone. I am mermaid echo . My new york family got stationed in lakewood washington. I am new mer and i am in the process of constructing my tail as we speak . I hope I get to meet fellow mers :}

SoulStellar_M
06-27-2014, 01:11 AM
Strangely enough, I didn't meet this mer at an event, she came to me and I provided a solution (hopefully, though I didn't ever hear back about how it went..) to the problem of hanging a fin assembly up for drying. It was neat.

NixieOona
06-27-2014, 01:25 AM
hey guys :) im kind of new ? not really but i found the pod just now ^^
im from snohomish close to everette. it would be awsome to have a seattle meet up. or did that already happen??

Raayvhen
06-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome to all you lovely new mers! Hopefully I'll have my first tail constructed by the time the next meetup rolls around. I'm getting my monofin in the mail today so its just a matter of getting the rest of my materials.

Lily
06-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Nice! My monofin should be in my hands early next week! I can't wait to jump in the pool with it (and hopefully not drown lol).

NixieOona
06-27-2014, 03:55 PM
my moms gonna "surprise" me with a monofin for my birthday (july 3). my brother told me what m gift is. i am so excited you have no idea just a few more days ^^

Kacina Odonley
06-29-2014, 02:55 AM
Fantastic thought , ;) Seals are super cute so at least its not all creepy fishes.lol, Im looking at scales too, I want to do a few boxes small testers to see if i like the patterns, and before i sculpt the entire box , the more testing the less likely i will need to re sculpt it again,I hope. same with the fluke. monster clay is allot different then what im use to working with. whats holding you back from making yours lily ? If its cost i totally get that, boy it adds up.

Lily
06-29-2014, 03:08 AM
Partly cost, partly time. I own my own small business selling hand-dyed yarn, and I've been out of commission for a few months due to wrist surgery. I have so much to do for the business - new line, yarn club coming up, fulfilling rewards for my Kickstarter that just finished, and dyeing extra to bring with me to my first ever yarn fair in October. I have 150 lbs of yarn (about 127 miles!) just waiting for me to feel better enough to get to work. I don't trust myself to stick to my work schedule if I'm trying to build a tail at the same time! Hopefully the fair will go well and I'll use the profits to get the materials for my tail!

Kacina Odonley
06-30-2014, 03:05 AM
Lily I hope your wrist gets better soon. that is really neat about the yarn, there are a few ladies who make designer dog clothes, My little Wolfy is a model he loves his sweaters , in fact his last outfit was a crochet mermaid outfit that was a gift. Lots of dogie designers who are looking for the next unique item, and I have not seen hand dyed yet :D. I sculpt allot of pets and make pet items, so my largest fan base are puppy people, If you ever want to advertise in another market Id be happy to share your work :) I use face book Kacina's Atelier .. If you want to share there , Iv been on a little vaca so Im just getting back to work :) hope everything goes really well.:D

Lily
06-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks, Kacina. My surgery was about 8 weeks ago and I'm already doing so much better. Long story short, they had to completely remove one of my tendons :( Luckily it wasn't a ridiculously important one so I should still have nearly full range of motion. And if the tendon isn't there, it can't possibly hurt anymore, so yay!

I'm on Facebook as well: http://facebook.com/tipsysheepyarn, as well as tipsysheepyarn.com. Obviously I haven't been updating much since surgery but everything should be back to normal in another week or two!

Kacina Odonley
06-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Oh gosh lily, my friend had the same thing happen they removed a tendon near her thumb, thats still quite an ordeal sorry it had to happen, my friend has full motion now so it worked well :D did you get your monofin yet ? Ill pay a visit on FB .
and for mermaids and merfolk extending an invitation to https://www.facebook.com/groups/248401188698814/
:cool:Washington Mermaid pod and merfolk

Lily
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
The whole surgery thing is a big long story, which I probably shouldn't hijack this thread with. You can read all about it here: http://www.tipsysheepyarn.com/blog/?p=377

My monofin is out for delivery today!!! So excited!

Raayvhen
06-30-2014, 08:58 PM
What monofin did you get?

Also surgery sucks, I'm headed in for surgery on the 23rd and I'm not looking forward to my recovery.

Lily
06-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Finis Competitor :) I opened it a few hours ago and it is HUGE and I LOVE IT OMG!! I wear a size 6 shoe and the smallest Competitor is meant to fit a 7.5-9, so even though it feels okay dry I'll probably get some neoprene socks to wear with it in the water. My little feet don't even reach the drainage holes!

http://i.imgur.com/nq9LBXf.jpg?1

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of surgery are you going in for? Are they at least going to give you the good drugs for afterward? (I barely remember the first 3 days after surgery because of the pain meds :) )

Raayvhen
06-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Awesome. That was my second choice but I just loved the shape of the merfin too much to pass on it.

I'm going to get all the good drugs. I am having double jaw surgery and a septoplasty. They're cutting the bone and adding titanium plates to both jaws to move them forward.

Mermaid Jory
08-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Hello all the way from Alaska!

Mermaid Octavia
08-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Hello Jory! Welcome aboard!

Mermaid Jory
08-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks!!!!!!

maressa
08-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Hello pretty ones! I posted this in my 'visiting mer' thread too, but I'm from Lake Forest Park, WA originally and have been living in Florida temporarily for the last few years... but I come home for 2 months a year, would I be able to join the Northwest Pod as well as the Southern Pod? My heart is still in the Northwest for sure and I come home often <3

seakaren
09-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Hi everybody! I live in Eugene and I was super inspired by the mermaid lagoon at Faerieworlds. I'm interested in getting together to swim while the weather is still nice.

Nessa
10-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Hi there! I'm Nessa, from Vancouver, BC.

I'm an unsure mermaid, but find it interesting and beautiful. I just haven't decided if it's something I actually want to do myself due to various reasons (shyness/anxiety being a big one!), but am tempted to try out a monofin. I thought maybe introcuding myself would be great though. It's awesome seeing some Canadian mermaids.

Shipwrecked Blue
11-25-2014, 11:59 PM
Hiya, folks! I actually joined this site two years ago, but I work a lot, so I'm just now getting to my introduction. I'm Alicia, and I'm an Oregonian Mermaid. I don't own any tails... yet. I'm also not a strong swimmer, but I love to go into the water, and I love visiting the coast. I'm only about an hour away from it, but I'd ideally love to live right there. I basically love anything relating to mermaids, and other water creatures. I don't know anyone where I live who's into mermaids, so I'm excited to talk t some people on this site!

Atlantisblue
01-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Hey all :) I'm reporting in from Surrey, British Columbia. I'm new to mermaiding, just got my first tail in December. I've always loved mermaids ever since Splash came out but never knew you could actually make or buy swimmable tails. I would always swim underwater with the dolphin kick, pretending to be a mermaid.

When i saw videos about Hannah Fraser, i decided to look into it a little more and bought tails for my daughter and I. I'm having a later start than most of you, I'm 37, but better late than never, eh *lol*.

WaterWitch
01-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Heya, I'm a Puget Sound local who loves reading, writing, horror, mythological creatures, and has the bizarre desire to swim like a mermaid. This new development about myself has annoyed my twin sister to no end, but what is a person without a few quirks?

I've been lurking around on this board for awhile, mostly because when I joined I could barely swim. Suffice to say I'm a pretty proficient swimmer now and I also have my own monofin! It's awesome and I love swimming in it. I'm planning on making my own tail in the future. Not quite sure when though. However, I do have two types of fabric so hey, two different potential tails!

I'm a true horror fan as well and I have a blog (http://readingintheshadows.com/) for writing fiction and discussing creepy subjects. For those of you that like to delve into the creepy parts of the deep, dark sea, here are some links (http://emcarroll.com/comics/prince/andthesea.html) for you to enjoy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-kJOQZgss). Be warned! They are not for the faint of heart.

sonicsiren
02-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi everybody! I'm another literary mermaid in Seattle and have been writing underwater fantasy for nearly 10 years. Though I researched monofin swimming ages ago, I'm finally getting up the courage to give it a try. I'm not a strong swimmer, but pretty athletic, so if any of you are Seattle-based and have recommendations for monofin lessons, I'm all ears! Speaking of ears, if you're into underwater soundscapes for background noise, check out this cool deep ocean sound generator (http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/deepOceanSoundscapeGenerator.php). I love plugging in to this when writing.

Looking forward to meeting some of the pod!

Theobromine
02-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Hi! I'm in the Seattle area too (Eastside) and I'm always interested in meeting other local mers! I don't think there's anywhere around here that offers monofin lessons, but pretty much all you need is a pool and a monofin, and maybe a friend or two to cheer you along! Do you have a monofin yet or are you looking to get one? I can offer you some tips and suggestions if you need. Welcome to the pod!

Triton-Mahtlinnie
02-20-2015, 02:20 AM
I know that there's freediving lessons in the area, but those aren't monofin-swimming specific. As Theobromine said, sometimes the best way is to hit the local pool with a fin and a friend.

You're always welcome to drop in with me and my friends. We swim roughly once a week (usually a tuesday or a thursday) at one of the City of Seattle pools.

Little_Orca
02-20-2015, 05:21 AM
Man, sometimes I wish I was closer to Seattle. :)

sonicsiren
02-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, Theobromine & exdraghunt! I haven't got a monofin yet, but there's a FOIL monofin by FINIS loaded in my online shopping basket (along with some webbed gloves) and waiting impatiently. I noticed the 20% off deal through mernnet, so I'll make sure to take advantage of that.

Aisling
03-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Eek. I've been a little nervous to post here. Haha, mostly because I don't know what to say!

Hi everyone, I'm Aysel. I'm from Chilliwack but I travel all around the lower mainland and frequently go down to Seattle (and occasionally Oregon). Uhm, yup! I'm so bad at these introduction things. x.o

Mermaid Whitney
06-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Hi there everyone!

My name's Whitney and I live in Western Washington.

I was introduced to the community a little while ago when a friend told me about her fabric tail she made. I never really thought much of it until recently, when I was scrolling through Youtube and found a video on how to make tails from fabric. I immediately dove into research and decided I wanted to give it a try.

I may be making a fabric tail soon, using the top of a plastic container for a monofin in the tail (because I'm very into saving money and I thought "What the heck, couldn't hurt to try!"). I eventually would love to buy a silicone one and make my childhood dream of being a mermaid come true, and possibly even perform as one.

I'm so excited to learn all that I can, and I'm very glad that I found this community. This'll be a blast!

Theobromine
06-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Welcome, Whitney! Whereabouts in Western Washington are you located?

Mermaid Whitney
06-11-2015, 01:22 AM
I live in Lakewood! And thank you for the welcome!!! :dance:

Theobromine
06-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Cool! There are quite a few of us in the Seattle/Tacoma area!

Mermaid Whitney
06-11-2015, 01:45 AM
That's awesome! Good to know there are some close to home!

Raayvhen
06-11-2015, 02:25 AM
I'm about 20 minutes south of you.

Mermaid Whitney
06-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Awesome! :D

JustCOS
06-12-2015, 03:21 AM
Hey there, Whitney! I'm in UP! Small world. I'm sad that the pool I use is closed up during the US Open :/

Mermaid Whitney
06-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey, this is so cool! Other mers are so close! :D And yes, there's so much closed during the US Open it's not even funny! If the pool near me is open, that'll be great, but I doubt it will be. *sigh*

I'll probably go river or lake swimming relatively soon, we go camping in Eastern Washington every year, so that's something to look forward to.

JustCOS
06-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Oooh, yeah I bet river/lake swimming in Eastern WA is nice. Probably much warmer than the Sound, lol. Does the pool near you allow tails?

Raayvhen
06-12-2015, 07:22 PM
You could come down to Olympia for a swim!

Mermaid Whitney
06-12-2015, 08:27 PM
That's a good question, JustCOS! I've gotta ask! And yeah, it's nice and warm over there.

And hey, that's a great idea! I'd love to come swimming down there! I don't have a tail or monofin yet, but still! I'll have to ask my parents about the idea.

JustCOS
06-13-2015, 05:02 AM
That sounds super tempting, Raayvhen! Looks like the price is the same as my pool, and the hours are way more expanded. Is it salt or chlorine, just out of curiosity? And if I did come down, would you wanna meet up? :p
I'm still working on my tail, but it's about halfway done (and fabric, so when I get back to it it'll go quick).

Raayvhen
06-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Actually, I swim at The Evergreen State College where I go. It's $6 for non students and the lifeguards love seeing mermaids. it is chlorine.

And I'd love to meet and swim.

JustCOS
06-14-2015, 03:51 AM
I thought I remembered you saying you were a Greenie :)

Would wendesday work for you? If so, what time would be best?

MerMaiden Lissa
06-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Hey all,
I'm new to the site. I've been swimming like a mer since I was little, but never considered getting a tail until a few years ago. Now I'm working on saving up some money and building up my strength, so I can get a tail. I'm in Hayden, Idaho... swimmin' in the lakes!

JustCOS
06-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Welcome!

Just as an update to all the Tacoma-ish mers, I took my tail to the Curtis pool today at they were totally fine with letting me swim. :) Plus it's a saltwater filter, and only $3.50, so it's not a bad place to do some laps!

Theobromine
06-30-2015, 02:22 AM
Definitely definitely have to check that pool out sometime!

Mermaid Whitney
07-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Welcome to Maiden Lissa!

And hey, that's cheap for a saltwater pool! Gotta check it out sometime.

MermaidLagoona
07-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Hello there everyone! My name is Tiana and I am new! I am just starting my mermaid journey, I am in Kitsap County, in Bremerton. Working on getting my first tail from Mermaid Kariel. I started a GoFund, let me know if you might be willl to share my story! as I sure I will with all of you. Cant wait to meet you all!

MorphineSiren
07-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Hello all, I'm Mariah, most of my friend just call me Riah or Riot and I live in Ellensburg WA, I've been here for a couple years now but I was born and raised in CA so I'm still adjusting. I've always had dreams of being a mermaid but I only stumbled across the mermaid scene a few years ago and only recently found this forum. I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friendly fins! I as of yet don't have a tail and I'm working through my anxiety to try and get out more so I can start swimming again.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-13-2015, 04:54 AM
I'm in Arlington, smallish town more or less an hour's drive north of Seattle

MermaidBrynley
07-21-2015, 03:15 AM
Hey all! I am Mermaid Brynley and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska! Alaska doesn't have a pod of it's own because I'm pretty sure I am currently the only mermaid in AK lol so I'm jus gonna include myself in this on because it's the closest to me.
I have only ever been to the Seattle airport BUT I would absolutely love to see more of it and a lot more of Washington in general so next time I am coming to the area I will let everyone know! I also hope I can make it to a Seattle meet up some day!
xoxo MB:mermaid kiss:

Princess Kae-Leah
07-21-2015, 04:10 AM
You're totally welcome in our pod, Brynley

MermaidBrynley
07-22-2015, 02:03 AM
You're totally welcome in our pod, Brynley
You are absolutely the sweetest. Thank you so so much! :)

readthewind
11-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Charlie and I lived in Seattle from June 2014 to June 2015. I'll be returning to Seattle at the end of December and then heading off to Evergreen State in Olympia. I'd really like to get to know some merpeople and arrange for lots of swim hangouts! If you also go to Evergreen, let's go to the pool together!! I need to swim more!

tessie
02-04-2016, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone! I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself to the North Pacific pod... oops. Anyway, I am Mermaid Essie and I've come back home to Seattle to attend grad school. I'd love to get to know some more mers and do a bunch of meet ups/go swim! ^_^

Theobromine
02-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Man, there are so many members of this pod that I've never met. We really need to plan some more swim meetups.

Essie, where are you going to grad school?

Raquel Skellington
02-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Hi guys! Time to introduce myself to the pod! Everyone calls me Rocky and my fairy/mer persona is called Reawyn (aka Rini!)

I'm from Long Island, New York~ I have a car so i don't mind driving around to go to events or meet ups! :)

Theobromine
02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
It's gonna be a looooooooooooong drive from New York to the Pacific Northwest!

Raquel Skellington
02-04-2016, 02:27 PM
oh wow im such a moron here i am thinking im posting in the New England Pod HAHAHAHA ohhh boy

Well I will becoming to Washington and Cali sometime this summer for some photoshoots hopefully i'll have some time to meet ups with mers!

Mermaid Nelly
02-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Hey guys!!! I finally figured out how to join the Pod of my area! My name is Mermaid Nelly and I'm located right by the boarder between Washington and Oregon [emoji5] I don't have a tail made yet, but my monofin is on its way and it'll be steady progress from there!

Little_Orca
02-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Welcome, Nelly :)

Mermaid Julie
04-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Hello, I am from Coos Bay Oregon. New here, as yet have no tail.

Mermaid Mia
04-21-2016, 05:45 PM
hello :) I'm from the east side of Washington. other wise known as the desert XD. i would love to be able to meet up with more mermaids!

The_MermaidBrianna
05-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Mermaid Brianna, I live near the Seattle area, and i'm totally looking for other merfolk to swim with this summer! My wonderful boyfriend/bestfriend/photographer will be away in Virginia this summer :(. So id really love to get out there and meet some merfolk around Washington! :)
There is a beach cleanup event going on at the end of the summer as well! I think it would be so cool if we could get a bunch of Merfolk from around the PNW to come up to Bainbridge Island and all hangout and clean up the beach! If anyone would be interested in going, let me know!

Mermaid Mia
05-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Mermaid Brianna, I live near the Seattle area, and i'm totally looking for other merfolk to swim with this summer! My wonderful boyfriend/bestfriend/photographer will be away in Virginia this summer :(. So id really love to get out there and meet some merfolk around Washington! :)
There is a beach cleanup event going on at the end of the summer as well! I think it would be so cool if we could get a bunch of Merfolk from around the PNW to come up to Bainbridge Island and all hangout and clean up the beach! If anyone would be interested in going, let me know!

I would def be interested in the cleanup. But don't know if i would be available to make the trip. Please post dates as we get closer to when that could happen :3

The_MermaidBrianna
05-19-2016, 08:40 PM
YAY! That's awesome, i hope you can make it! I know it is sometime in September, so i will post updates and more information as we get closer!

Mermaid Mia
05-19-2016, 08:43 PM
YAY! That's awesome, i hope you can make it! I know it is sometime in September, so i will post updates and more information as we get closer!

Great! :3

Mermaid Chrissa
06-13-2016, 06:31 PM
Wow! This is a big long thread that was started a long time ago, but I guess I will make my into here! ^.^
Hi! I'm Chrissa or Christina! I've always been a mermaid at heart, but my actual tail is coming in the mail soon! So excited!
I live in Seattle on an old Sailboat in Elliot Bay.
My goal is to eventually take my Sailboat on an adventure around the world and swim in many other waters, but for now, I'll be in the Puget Sound most of the time! Happy to meet you!

Mermaid Mia
06-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Lovely to meet you Chrissa! That sailboat sounds fantastic, i hope you get to travel the world, thats sounds like an amazing adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Chrissa
06-13-2016, 06:51 PM
Good to meet you Mia! Yeah, I'm quite a fan of living aboard. It will still be a few years before I head off, but the Puget Sound has a lot to offer until then.
Sometime I would love to host some sort of mermaid meetup aboard for mermaids in the area that are interested. ^.^

Mermaid Mia
06-13-2016, 06:52 PM
That would be fun :3

Triton-Mahtlinnie
06-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Good to meet you Mia! Yeah, I'm quite a fan of living aboard. It will still be a few years before I head off, but the Puget Sound has a lot to offer until then.
Sometime I would love to host some sort of mermaid meetup aboard for mermaids in the area that are interested. ^.^

Hey, great to meet another liveaboard! (I'm on a 27' sailboat on Lake Union).

Mermaid Chrissa
06-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey, great to meet another liveaboard! (I'm on a 27' sailboat on Lake Union).
Awesome! It makes sense that there would be at least a couple other liveaboard merfolk! Nice to meet you!

anami
08-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Im Nerissa Pearl. I perform mostly out on the Olympic Peninsula. Im helping to open a supper club with live show, including mermaid shows. Im also helping a festival producer with a Mermaids and Pirates festival for next year...ill he really excited to share that with you all as the details become more clear!

Mermaid Mia
08-23-2016, 03:09 PM
That would be awesome :)

The_MermaidBrianna
08-30-2016, 01:15 AM
Im Nerissa Pearl. I perform mostly out on the Olympic Peninsula. Im helping to open a supper club with live show, including mermaid shows. Im also helping a festival producer with a Mermaids and Pirates festival for next year...ill he really excited to share that with you all as the details become more clear!
Welcome to the pod! The mermaid shows sounds fantastic! Looking forward to hearing more about any upcoming events! Keep us updated! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The_MermaidBrianna
09-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Hey mers! My silicone tail will soon be in my hands, and i want to take it swimming next week in a nice big pool. Where are the good pools in Washington? Which pools allow tails?

Wing
10-15-2016, 12:39 AM
My name is Wing and I join your guys pod

.....Hello :rainbow:

SteampunkMermaid01
12-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Hello Dearies-

I'm still working on a name (drat!) My goal is to decide on something by New Years. I'm an Oregon Mer who is super excited to have found a community, and even more excited that there are other mers nearby! I go to school part time in Corvallis where I've pinned myself on the map, but occasionally can be found swimming closer to the Portland area. Still super new to this, but really excited to get started!

Nerdmaid Faith
12-14-2016, 03:23 AM
Realized I've never introduced myself formally on here! You guys have probably seen me swim by the Facebook pods but anyways, I'm Faith! I'm 18 years old and from the Greater Vancouver area. I've been mermaiding for over 2 years and love the community that has come with it! Probably my greatest achievements as a mermaid are my videos where I supply the internet with the mermaid tail reviews they deserve! When I'm not splashing about with a GoPro at the pool, I'm usually lifeguarding it or teaching swimming lessons. Anyways, feel free to stalk me and I hope to swim with more with more BC mers soon! https://www.youtube.com/faithonthebass

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Avya
12-14-2016, 06:08 PM
So after 2 and a half years of hanging out on this site I realized I've never actually introduced myself to the pod. To be fair I rarely post on here, but still. Holy mackerel.
I'm Avya. I currently reside on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC. I haven't done much swimming lately sadly, but my tail is coming in January so I'm super duper excited for that.
I spend most of my time doing school work or working so my life is kinda boring right now. 😣
It's awesome to see so many Pacific Coast mers on here! Yay! I hope to meet some of you one day. 😃

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Rylee
02-05-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm a mer from Eastern Washington and I'm ready to have a great time in this pod!!

Mermaid Mia
02-06-2017, 12:47 AM
Hey there! Eastern washington here too! :D

Shell Bell
03-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Hello pod! I am located in Seattle area and plan to be going swimming pretty regularly (every few weeks or so). Hopefully I can swim with some of you eventually!

There seem to be quite a few Eastern WA mers! I visit there occasionally, so if you ever plan a meet I might be down. :)

StephRahl
03-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Hello!

im an aspiring mermaid from Victoria on Vancouver IsLand. Hoping to make new friends and maybe make a couple meet ups. Temporarily limited to Canada due to an expiring passport but that should get sorted shortly as I'm heading down to LA in August....

Avya
03-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Hello!

im an aspiring mermaid from Victoria on Vancouver IsLand. Hoping to make new friends and maybe make a couple meet ups. Temporarily limited to Canada due to an expiring passport but that should get sorted shortly as I'm heading down to LA in August....
Welcome!! I too come from Vancouver Island. 😃 Nice to see someone from here!

StephRahl
03-23-2017, 03:25 PM
Avya, your north or south or mid island?

Avya
03-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Mid technically. Port Alberni.😊

StephRahl
03-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Well that's a lot of lake you got there ;) I've been through there a few times on our way to tofino surfing this year. (New Years and Family Day)

Avya
03-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Where abouts are you?😊

Avya
03-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Oh nevermind. See it in your profile. 😄 haha I think there are quite a few mers in Victoria! I'm envious!

StephRahl
03-23-2017, 04:04 PM
I have never met any....but I literally decided this week to start hitting the pools and pursue it so I know nobody :)

The_MermaidBrianna
04-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Hello pod! I am located in Seattle area and plan to be going swimming pretty regularly (every few weeks or so). Hopefully I can swim with some of you eventually!

There seem to be quite a few Eastern WA mers! I visit there occasionally, so if you ever plan a meet I might be down. :)
Hi there! There are quite a few of us here in Seattle! If you have Facebook, check out Seattle Mermaids!

LeeniusUnicorn
04-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone! I'm from Oregon, Hood River to be exact, so on the boarder to Washington and close to Portland. [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Shell Bell
05-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Hi there! There are quite a few of us here in Seattle! If you have Facebook, check out Seattle Mermaids!

I was not aware of that group! Thanks for letting me know - I've just joined. :)

Hello everyone! I'm from Oregon, Hood River to be exact, so on the boarder to Washington and close to Portland. [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Welcome to the pod! I know there are some mers down there, but I am not sure exactly where they are. I just know there are events too far south for me. :( Hopefully you can meet up with a few of them!

LeeniusUnicorn
05-10-2017, 11:05 PM
There is a Portland swim meet up later this month, as long as my body cooperates I plan on going!

Mermaid Kane
08-27-2017, 04:42 PM
I am a teen mer who got into mermaiding about six months ago! I'm a newbie to this (obviously) and would love to see other merfolks in person someday!

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I hail from Oregon, about a thirty to forty minute drive to the Seaside/Cannon beach area.

Namielle
09-23-2017, 09:48 PM
(Posted this in the intro thread, but wanted to also post it here where it's more relevant!)

This has been so overdue that I'm embarrassed to admit that I've actually been actively mermaiding somewhat professionally for over a year now but haven't actually introduced myself yet here. Forgive me! Part of that was because I was struggling with self-confidence issues and some social anxiety. But thanks to the mysteriously empowering effect that mermaiding has on most people, I was able to overcome those issues completely. So hello all you beautiful and inspiring mers! I hope I can find my place here among you all.

I'm Mermaid Yumi, a PNW based mermaid; living on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Together with my mersister Hannah, we perform for various local events, parties and even photoshoots. We've started to put together a little pod for our area and are also working with our local pool to open a mermaid school and fitness classes sometime within the next year. Honestly it amazes me how lucky we've been in this journey and we are so incredibly grateful for all the support and love our community, family and friends, have given us. We truly love our little Island! We strive to continue to give kids and adults alike opportunities to experience the joys and magic that comes with mermaiding. I originally started out with a few fabric tails from SwimTails and then saved up for a silicone hybrid Mertailor tail and I couldn't be happier. I hope to someday be blessed enough to have tails from all my favorite tail makers; seriously crossing my fingers!

Aside from mermaiding, I'm also a student of traditional Japanese dance, an avid gamer; both tabletop and console, and a proud mommy to a beautiful soon to be 3-year old girl! So that's just a little about myself, thanks for reading and it's a pleasure to meet you all. Here's some pictures I wanted to share.

Mermaid Kane
09-23-2017, 09:52 PM
(Posted this in the intro thread, but wanted to also post it here where it's more relevant!)

This has been so overdue that I'm embarrassed to admit that I've actually been actively mermaiding somewhat professionally for over a year now but haven't actually introduced myself yet here. Forgive me! Part of that was because I was struggling with self-confidence issues and some social anxiety. But thanks to the mysteriously empowering effect that mermaiding has on most people, I was able to overcome those issues completely. So hello all you beautiful and inspiring mers! I hope I can find my place here among you all.

I'm Mermaid Yumi, a PNW based mermaid; living on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Together with my mersister Hannah, we perform for various local events, parties and even photoshoots. We've started to put together a little pod for our area and are also working with our local pool to open a mermaid school and fitness classes sometime within the next year. Honestly it amazes me how lucky we've been in this journey and we are so incredibly grateful for all the support and love our community, family and friends, have given us. We truly love our little Island! We strive to continue to give kids and adults alike opportunities to experience the joys and magic that comes with mermaiding. I originally started out with a few fabric tails from SwimTails and then saved up for a silicone hybrid Mertailor tail and I couldn't be happier. I hope to someday be blessed enough to have tails from all my favorite tail makers; seriously crossing my fingers!

Aside from mermaiding, I'm also a student of traditional Japanese dance, an avid gamer; both tabletop and console, and a proud mommy to a beautiful soon to be 3-year old girl! So that's just a little about myself, thanks for reading and it's a pleasure to meet you all. Here's some pictures I wanted to share.

We love to visit Whidbey island! <3

If you want to go to MerMeet in Portland, I and three(?) other mermaids are meeting November 4th. <3

Namielle
09-23-2017, 10:34 PM
We love to visit Whidbey island! <3

If you want to go to MerMeet in Portland, I and three(?) other mermaids are meeting November 4th. <3

Isn't it such a lovely Island~?
Oh my gosh, I didn't even hear about a mermaid meetup so near! Do you have a link or something for more info? I'd love to go, but it depends on a lot of different factors.

Mermaid Kane
09-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Isn't it such a lovely Island~?
Oh my gosh, I didn't even hear about a mermaid meetup so near! Do you have a link or something for more info? I'd love to go, but it depends on a lot of different factors.

Here! :D
https://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?15823-Oregon-North-Pacific-Swim

Merman Cyan
12-17-2017, 08:54 PM
hi, im a newcoMER on this mermaid social blade, my name is Cyan Bubbles and live in the portland-hillsboro area. i just wanna say hi hello and feel free to hit me up in threads or pms and possibly meet up to congregate and have a whale of a time.

Merman Cyan
12-18-2017, 03:32 PM
why hello there im Merman Cyan and i just wanna say hi and maybe we could swim together^^ <3

AbbyOfGailous
12-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Hello all :) I am new to the pod as well, Seattle area. (already requested to join the FB group) looking to meet new people around here.

inanna
02-11-2018, 10:56 AM
hello there, i am mermaid inanna. i am originally from the tri-cities in washington, but i now reside on the coast in aberdeen. i try to visit back home when i can, but for now i'm just the local grays harbor mermaid :)

i've been in my tail twice for rusty scupper's pirate daze in westport, and i also want to give a huge shoutout to ylluria watersong for inspiring me to be a mermaid in the first place <3

MermaidTatum20
04-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Mermaid Tatum and I am quite happy to have finally joined this forum. I wanted to when it first started up but nerves got the best of me. A little bit about me when I was about 9 and made my first fabric tail. Since then I've only made two more. I am now FINALLY on my fourth tail, my lovely fiancee bought me a Mahina Monofin for my birthday yesterday and told me that whatever I needed to make it he would help me get it. He had watched me watch CourtneyMermaids videos on youtube and how fascinated I was by her technique. I'm from a little town called Lynden which is right next to the border into Canada and I am a 20 year old soon to be momma. I am looking for a pod close-ish to me to swim with on occasion!

MermaidLagoona
10-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Hello!! Mermaid in Kitsap, WA look for other Mers to create a pod in Kitsap. Local PinUp model changing gears to start mermaiding.

Dragonsinger
02-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Hi! I just joined Mernetwork. I'm a Vancouver Island, Canada resident I'm super excited that there are so many mers around my area.

Nerdmaid Faith
02-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Hi! I just joined Mernetwork. I'm a Vancouver Island, Canada resident I'm super excited that there are so many mers around my area.Great to meet you! Join our facebook group Mermaids of BC to connect with other mers in your area!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

merlen
02-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Hi there, my name is Len, still kicking around mer names. I live in Portland OR with my husband (pirate lol) and hope to meet some mers in the area and swim around. I did a long post in the general introductions but thought a copy/past would be weird so just doing a basic “shello” here for my pod area. ^^; Hope to see people soon!

Shipwrecked Blue
05-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Great to meet you! Join our facebook group Mermaids of BC to connect with other mers in your area!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Hey! I am subscribed to you on YouTube! Nice to see you here.

bdixonarts
10-09-2020, 01:35 PM
hi everyone I currently reside in Beaverton Oregon and i'm working on my first mermaid, I hope to get to meet some of you down the road. I should be ready to swim this summer if things go right :)

IndieMermaidIndigo
07-17-2021, 12:56 AM
Hi there, my name is Mermaid Indigo --Mermaid Indie for short--, and I'm based out of the PNW.

I'm new to the world of swimming with a tail, and live just outside Seattle, Washington. Of course, still working toward getting a Mertailor fin (The Fantasea Fin 3 ~What a floppy dream-boat of a tail), since it is just slightly out of my price range, but shouldn't be too long. I teach swim lessons, and I am hoping to get into doing parties or events as I save up for that dream tail. I currently swim with my FinFun and my Finis Luna monofin. I hope to get into making my own tails, mainly for myself and friends, but that'll be a bit down the road.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and possibly meeting up for pod swims! Currently, it's just me and a group of friends/coworkers who swim together as our own mini-pod, so it will be a blast seeing others merfolk in person at some point.

Eranthis
08-23-2021, 10:44 PM
Hello! My name is Mermaid Eranthis. At the moment i own a fin fun AMP monofin and a fin fun tail skin, But i'm saving up for either the fantasea fin 1 or the Adult Linden monofin by body glove(i'm still debating which i should get). My pronouns are she/her.

Kaila Mermaid
11-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Shello everyone!

My name is Kaila which is also the name of my mersona lol. I’m originally from the Portland area and after most of a lifetime in Texas I am finally moving back home to the Klamath area come January. Was hoping to make new friends and meet up for some swims!

Mermaid Freyja
04-15-2022, 07:53 PM
Hello!
It's been awhile since I've logged on to Mernetwork, and a lot has happened since then.
When I originally joined and began my Mermaid journey, I was living in the Bay Area of California.
I moved back home to Seattle in the fall of 2019, and now finally reaching out a little tentacle to see if there are other mers in my general PNW area.
I'm looking forward to meetups (and hopefully warmer weather, lol!).
XOXO! ~Mermaid Freya

MerlingLNereus206
06-22-2023, 01:33 PM
Hello North Pacific Pod!

I am Merling Nereus, and I am just joining the pod here. It doesn't seem like there are too many of us active, at least here in this thread, but I'm hoping I can still connect with those of you who may be in the Seattle area. It would be pretty cool to connect with other Mers!