PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need a Ren Faire Proposal

BlueMermaid
12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I've been contacting Ren Faires to see if there would be any interest in adding mermaids to their entertainment. I have one that may be interested, but she asked me to send a proposal. Well, I have no idea what to send. I've attended lots of times as a guest, but as for being a performer, I have no idea how this stuff works, or even what to charge for this type of thing. Can anyone give me some tips on sending a proposal or maybe a website that has info on it?

malinghi
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Do you have a typical thing you do for non-ren faire performances? Can you adapt that to work at a ren faire?

Maybe you could ask the people at foxmoon productions for advice, since they perform at ren faires. If you aren't from their area then you aren't competing with their thing, you know?

Spindrift
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Are you selling things, or do you have a show? Maybe a typed out preview of the show and the props and space needed should be included in a proposal. You should also mention how many performers there are and how long the performance will last, etc. Like, do you intend on having your own booth, or is it going to be a scheduled show on stage?

BlueMermaid
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM
malinghi (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?1-malinghi) I'm usually swimming and playing with kids, but for this I'm thinking the mermaids would be an attraction, not really a show. I'm thinking a pirate or other character captured a mermaid or 2, and is showing them like a side show. The mermaids could be in a pool of some sort, swimming around.

Spindrift (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?6-Spindrift) I'm not planning on selling anything. I guess it would be times scheduled throughout the day since that seems to be how they usually do them.

Mermaid Saphira
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
^ I really love your signature...may I ask how you did it? BTW your I dea sounds pretty cool, I would go!

BlueMermaid
12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks Aqua! I didn't make it, I got it off a clip art site. Yours is so cute too, I love it!

^ I really love your signature...may I ask how you did it? BTW your I dea sounds pretty cool, I would go!

Mermaid Saphira
12-10-2011, 03:18 PM
^ Thank you!

Mermaid Sirena
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm glad your asking this, I had looked at the different ren fairs around and was really confused about how to go about submitting things for them... though now that I think about it I know a lot of Rennies who probably would have a lot of good advice. To facebook I go to ask them questions!

Odette
12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
i have to do the same thing. show them what your made of. why should they hire you? im competing with 4 other mers for this position and i dont know what to expect. one has connections with another creature so she will probably get in cuz of that =/
show a video,tell them your ideas,find out what they want from you as a performer.