PDA

View Full Version : Createx or Jacquard on Neoprene?

SireniaSolaris
12-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Hello. Well, I've fought and fought with my weight since having my baby, and I've discovered even with the weight gone, my general body shape is just not the same so I'll just have to make some new tails. I'm making a neoprene tail and just painting that (I'd normally be more detailed with it, but I need it in a hurry, so simple will have to do), so I'm debating which paint to use.

I've seen Createx used often on the latex tails, which does have a very nice look. But then I've lately seen a lot of use of Jacquard on fabrics, and that seems to have a nice finish, as well. Which would work best on neoprene, and once painted, without a heatgun, how would you heat set it?

Thanks!

~Sirenia~

Mermaid Shelly
12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Sirenia :) I have used Createx on neoprene directly and it did not need heat setting, just an overnight dry time and multiple coats since neoprene is thirsty material. I hope that helps?

Capt Nemo
12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
If it's the Jacquard pigments I'm thinking, you discovered my secret colors! Those pigments will give irradescent colors when mixed with a clear base. Will work mixed with ALEX too.

The macropearl will give a color like silvery/white fish scales when used as a ALEX base coat with clear scales over the top. Looks like a real fish!

SireniaSolaris
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm seeing now that everyone is begining to use the Jacquard paints XD Darn. I had already bought the createx for this particular tail. Originally, I had seen some of the Jacquard Lumiers that looked reeeeally nice. But that's okay. I plan on definitely adding more tails to my collection. so I'm sure I can use it on the next one. As for the ALEX, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the ALEX not good to use for tails due to safety reasons and because of quick deterioration?

I might have read wrong, as I was just skimming, but I thought I read that it was best to use a slip-cast latex with latex thickener in order to achieve the same consistancy as the ALEX plus. Then I assume from there, you'd just work everything else the same as had been discussed for the ALEX tails on meryuku, right?

SireniaSolaris
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
For this tail, I bought the Createx irradescent turquoise to use as a base on the light blue neoprene. For tummy color, I got the Createx Pearl White, transparent dark blue and transparent black for the top, and transparent peach to use close to the waistline. Hopefully they'll come out pretty, too.

Mermaid Star
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I chose the jacquard lumiere paints in pearl and halo. I really like these paints because once heat set, they become flexible and permanent. I plan to mix these with a clear liquid latex paint base for my latex tail that I am in the process of making. If you don't have a heat gun (i think they are $20 at harbor freight or so I am told) then you can try using a blow dryer or your clothes drier after the paint dries to set it.

SireniaSolaris
12-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh wow. That's not bad at all. The cheapest heat gun at the party warehouse I shop at often was 80 bucks with my wholesale discount D:

I am definitely going to pic up the Jacquard on my next painted tail. I wont need it for the tail following this one, because I plan on constructing it with sequins, so those will be the coloring for the tail, but after that I wish to make a latex tail, so the paint will definitely be nifty :)