PDA

View Full Version : Merfriends once I get my tail?

Delphinus
04-23-2015, 05:55 AM
Hey! I can't know until the next paycheck, maybe two, rolls around, but hopefully soon I can afford to purchase my first tail. I was wondering if there was anyone in the SoCal (Orange County - Irvine/Tustin area in particular) who might be willing to meet for a swim, and maybe offer some tips/pointers for using the new tail? It would be fantastic to meet up, and especially if experienced fins could help a newbie out!

Mer-Crazy
04-23-2015, 06:01 AM
I don't live anywhere near you, but what tail are you planning to get?!

Mermaid Sirenia
04-23-2015, 08:16 AM
I'll be moving to the riverside area in september :)

Moana.the.mermaid
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I live in San diego, but we have a socal meetup on may 2nd or 3rd with some local mers. Maybe go to that and see if you can connect. Anyone got the fb link for her? I'm permamobile.

much love, one love - Moana

Meronica
04-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I live in Tustin! (: And I'm always down for a swim! But do attend the monthly meet-ups in Balboa if you can! Even if you don't have your tail yet, you'll meet most of the local mers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merdude Ricky
04-23-2015, 01:49 PM
I live in riverside county. I might be able to hang out, depending on your area. Also, try the facebook page.

Delphinus
04-23-2015, 03:05 PM
My birthday is the 2nd! I'm trying to go, so I'll be there unless my father is in town, in which case I might leave for my Catalina trip early. But currently the plan is to go to the meetup!

Meronica: That's awesome! Hope to see you out there sometime! Everyone seems so nice, and a local mer or two would be absolutely great.

as for the tail? I believe it was the 'Marius'/Marina from MagicTail. Naturally I'd love a custom one, but I need to get started first!

Rennara
04-23-2015, 03:15 PM
The link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/271568969577492/?ref=bookmarks

Delphinus
04-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Awesome! I sent a request to the group. :)

Mermaid Sirenia
04-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I live in riverside county. I might be able to hang out, depending on your area. Also, try the facebook page.
Yay! Someone in riverside!

Merdude Ricky
04-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Yay! Someone in riverside!
I'm glad more mers are poping up around here. All the mers are near the coast. So it's nice to see people I can potentially hangout with.

Delphinus
05-11-2015, 09:51 PM
So it looks like I'll probably be ordering my tail up sometime this month. :D We should try to have a hangout sometime. I know there are the organized meetups, but even just a casual thing could potentially be a lot of fun.

Mermanda
07-17-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm in orange county, and I'm always up for a swim :) I'm a brand new mer as well!

Meronica
07-17-2015, 12:19 AM
What city, Mermanda? (: I'm in Tustin and would love some more mermaid friends!

Delphinus
07-17-2015, 12:53 AM
Mermanda: Awesome! I heard from the lady making my tail, and we're apparently going to be getting it started really soon! I believe she said by the end of the month she'd have it started. I'm really excited for my tail!

Also, Meronica: I'm in Tustin, too! :D

Mermanda
07-17-2015, 01:14 AM
What city, Mermanda? (: I'm in Tustin and would love some more mermaid friends!

Mission viejo, actually!! We're practically neighbors :)

Mermanda
07-17-2015, 01:16 AM
Mermanda: Awesome! I heard from the lady making my tail, and we're apparently going to be getting it started really soon! I believe she said by the end of the month she'd have it started. I'm really excited for my tail!

Also, Meronica: I'm in Tustin, too! :D

Thats awesome!! I have an eco tail from Mertailor at the moment, but my first silicone tail should be finished by the end of august I'm guessing.

Delphinus
07-17-2015, 03:50 AM
Thats awesome!! I have an eco tail from Mertailor at the moment, but my first silicone tail should be finished by the end of august I'm guessing.

Very cool! I was thinking of the Eco Tail myself, but I ended up working with the new maker on a custom tail for me that she was rather excited about. I'm really amped for it!

I'd love to get a silicone someday, but between this special tail and my new scuba classes, I can't afford it right now. XD Someday, though! Those silicone ones are beautiful.

Mermanda
07-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Very cool! I was thinking of the Eco Tail myself, but I ended up working with the new maker on a custom tail for me that she was rather excited about. I'm really amped for it!

I'd love to get a silicone someday, but between this special tail and my new scuba classes, I can't afford it right now. XD Someday, though! Those silicone ones are beautiful.

Oh I know it!! Even though my bank account hurts, my heart is happy haha! Luckily I found this amazing new tail maker and got a fantastic early bird price :)

Delphinus
07-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Oh I know it!! Even though my bank account hurts, my heart is happy haha! Luckily I found this amazing new tail maker and got a fantastic early bird price :)

That's so cool. I'm lucky to have run into the same thing for my fabric tail. We're working on a really cool unique design with a special fin. I want to keep it a surprise to see how it comes out, but it should be pretty awesome. I really want to make a meetup soon! Life's been so busy, I feel awful because I haven't been able to actually meet any mers in person. :p