PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Good Ocean Conservation Videos for Classroom

Seatan
04-27-2015, 11:01 AM
My class is doing ocean conservation this week, and I am looking for good (free) videos on it. We've already watched the shark finning one that Raina linked last week (which they really loved) so I am looking for more! All suggestions welcome! :) Age of students is 13-15.

SeaGlass Siren
04-28-2015, 09:07 AM
My high school was ridiculous and made us watch finding nemo. Had nothing to do with ocean conservation, but! It was finding nemo :P main lesson I got out of it was don't touch the reef and don't remove animals from their habitat.

If you have the DVD there's a special feature including Jean micheal Cousteau educating about ocean pollution.

There's also disney's oceans, the cove I think you can stream somewhere... Blackfish is a pretty popular one...
Revolution is out too. The sequel to Sharkwater.

Have you tried checking out the libraries?

Theobromine
05-12-2015, 03:07 PM
I don't know if you can get this for free anywhere, but Blue Planet by the BBC is a FANTASTIC miniseries about the ocean. It's done by the same people who did Planet Earth. Honestly, it's 100% worth buying the DVDs. It's a few years old now, but it included some fantastic underwater filmography of never-before-seen organisms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Planet

SeaGlass Siren
05-13-2015, 07:09 PM
so this is pretty much relevant thanks to agents of shield season finale episode last night.

if you can find a clip of the terrigen crystals leaking toxic death into the ocean, and the fish swimming in it and consuming it, and the humans catching said fish, and using fish for food and omega three pills, then that's one way to get them interested and then build off of that.