PDA

View Full Version : Ordering basic sillicone tail from the UK

Cazilie
04-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Has anyone else ordered a Mertailor tail from the UK? Any ideas on likely custom fees?

Any advice in general about ordering? ^_^ Bit scared by some of the reviews!

Scottish Mer
04-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, you might want to introduce yourself. xD
Is this your first tail to have? I have a latex mertailor tail and it cost me £90 in custom charges, plus £80 for shipment but this was a few years back and I didn't have the ordering wait since my tail is 2nd hand. Where about is the UK are you? :)

Cazilie
04-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Hello! Oh my, yes I sure should :) Basically I'm a life-long mental mermaid looking for her true tail love. After over a decade of synchronised swimming I'm looking forward to learning to flip and dive and swim the mermaid way!

It will be my first tail- I know Eric has some pretty mixed reviews but I can cope with a less than amazing tail to get used to and practice in while I save for a better one if need be :)

I'm in Nottingham! Nice to know there are other merfolk in the UK ^_^ When I get my tail the next tricky thing will be finding places I'm allowed to swim in it! Did you find any good spots?

Scottish Mer
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM
As normal, I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of money on a tail and then finding it's not for you.Best to go for a cheap fabric tail to start off on. You ever swam in a tail or monofin before? As for pools, hotel pools are best bet unless you can win over the local/public pool owners to allow you to swim there.

Cazilie
04-29-2015, 04:02 PM
I haven't swum in a tail but I've swum in a monofin plenty of times :)

Hotel pools are a good idea!

MermaidCelesteFL
04-29-2015, 06:25 PM
You might want to start off with a Magictail then. They're relatively inexpensive, and a good starting point, aside from making your first fabric tail.

Meronica
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
I own one of his more recent basic silicone tails. (I received one of the first with sculpted scales.) I've compared it to his older tails and it's 200% better.

Just don't expect stellar customer service. I emailed him about once a week to check in on production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk