PDA

View Full Version : THE MERMAID BATTLE!!

jukumerboii
07-14-2011, 05:36 AM
In recent news lol(I've always wanted to put that:D),,for the past 2days there has been a..how should i put it??..."beef" in the celeb world relating to Mermaids. As some of you may kno Lady Gaga performed in a Mertailor tail singing "Edge of Glory",,the vid for the song was pose to have Gaga as a mermaid and some saving and war type thing,,u know like Splash and Ariel+Eric type vibe i guess. Well the vid was changed last min and there was NO mermaid to b found:mad::confused:.

Now Gaga has announced via twitter and youtube that her mermaid alter-ego Yuyi will be born in her next vid.:D(many say its You and I) While lil monsters are getting excited bout that,,,Mrs. Katy Perry twitted a pic of her AS A MERMAID planking:eek: on the the set of her up and coming music vid. All the lil monsters started bashing Katy calling her a "copy cat" and a "no talent whore" among other things.:confused:

I THINK THE WHOLE THING IS STUPID:mad:. They all were claiming that Gaga CAME UP WITH THE MERMAID IDEA 1ST O_o WRONG!!

What about the REAL 1st mermaids??!! Bette Midler;), Madonna, Sade, hell even Beyonce was a mermaid while in Destiny's Child!

What do you mers have to say about this situation?:confused: I think the more Celebs getting into the mermaid thing the BETTER! Mermaids will be taking over the rest of 2011 and 2012!

Taylor is a Mermaid
07-15-2011, 01:46 AM
I think it's a case of rabid fans getting overexcited. Mermaids have always been a popular theme, and they're getting even more popular now with the current supernatural creature craze and vampire burnout. :P I agree with you juku, no one's copying anyone and hopefully Gaga will be classy enough to just ignore this drama and act more mature than some of her sillier fans.

MermaidSaku
07-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Well 2012 is the age of Aquarius : 0
lol that is my only comment hahah xD

Psychic Tideborn
07-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I think it's odd that Aquarius is the "water carrier" but yet it's an air sign... hmmm doesn't make much sense to me XD!

Mia
07-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Yet another reason Aquarius born people are insane. :)
Cheerfully.
(It is said to come from Greek mythology, so while the name and symbol are related, the attributes are not. The constellations were picked out before the astrology was put together.)

MermaidSaku
07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Well Air and water are the same.
What is space but another ocean.
Air is the ocean of the sea and vice versa : )
I was born Aquarius but due to the earths shift they decided to make it official to add in the old sign Ophiuchus.

​but i like my birth sign so i am sticking with it... even if i knew i would evolve into a half mammal half fish. xD
being a Capricorn just makes my dreams a bit to weird...and confusing.

Spindrift
07-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Everyone is still the same sign they thought they were unless they follow the sidereal astrological calender, which is a very ancient form of astrology and followed by mostly eastern cultures. The "new" sign Ophiucus isn't new at all and has always been documented in sidereal astrology, but not in tropical astrology (the more popular, Western branch of astrology). In fact, every 10 years or so, people suddenly remember Ophiucus and it becomes this breaking-news deal as people get all excited about there being a "new" sign, when it's been there pretty much the entire time.

Mia
07-17-2011, 10:25 PM
So, MermaidSaku, you're an Aquarius as well?

MermaidSaku
07-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I'm an Aquarius : )

AniaR
07-18-2011, 11:47 AM
actually, we debunked that in my astronomy class by having a real scientist come in and discuss. You actually weren't born under those signs because they are supposed to count Ophiuchus.
he proved it to us by using the star program "stallarium" and getting us to put our birthdates and years in. According to society im a scoprio but that's not what star sign we were actually in waaay back in 85! Astrology chose to discount ophiucus but if you're basing it off of what sign we were in when you were born, stellarium is free to download (and super fun to use) so check it out for yourself ;)

MermaidSaku
07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah Science is just killing all imagination these days lol. I rather just be happy with both i love both signs but until 2012 i won't think about being Capricorn . lol

Mia
07-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I actually like saying I'm an Aquarius. I've been told it suits me.

Maple
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, Lady Gaga's Monsters, like any group of people, can go a little nutball. Lots of people have been mermaids first - not an original idea by any means - I count Jodi Benson as one! Not all monsters think Katy Perry is a stealy mcstealerson. I think the main reason is both Katy and Gaga have had some pretty similar video ideas lately. Such as:

Born This Way and ET - both space-agey (even though different)
Hair bows - Katy's heart shaped one and Gaga's early days
Exploding bras - Gaga with sparks and Katy with...whipped cream?

And now the Gaga mermaid performance and idea, and Katy's pic.

It's just fans being fans. And if it brings some light and new people to the community, that's a good thing. The serious ones will stay and the less serious ones will fade away in the background. Most people will think 'cool video' and never do more digging on the subject.

Odette
07-23-2011, 12:12 AM
celebrities are not the first mermaids.nnnnno! the first one recorded was in a circus or that was what i was told. lets look for the oldest mermaid together! =D

Mermaid Jewel
07-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah, the original zodiac has 13 signs. They took one out in popular zodiac nowadays. I'm still a Pisces :)

I don't think celebrities can claim the idea of being a mermaid anyways...most of us were in tails long before Gaga. Oh well, fans can be very defensive....

MermaidAiera
08-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I was conceived an Aquarius :p