PDA

View Full Version : Adam Martyn tail for sale.

AniaR
05-05-2015, 08:22 PM
A friend on FB alerted me to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-mermaid-tail-h2o-/151670009060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23503cace4&rmvSB=true

Adam is black listed on the forum for stealing insane amounts of money from people. Highest to date. Here's the blacklist http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?10347-%E2%9A%A0-Tailmaker-BLACKLIST-%E2%9A%A0&highlight=adam+martyn

Some other relevant threads:

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7366-So-Adam-Martyn-is-still-around&highlight=adam+martyn

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?261-Archive-quot-Adam-Martyn-and-MerYuku-in-the-news!-quot-%28Video-of-order-conclusion%29&highlight=adam+martyn

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?260-Archive-quot-Review-of-ordering-my-tail-from-Adam-Martyn-quot&highlight=adam+martyn

to clarify I believe this is a past client of his selling off her tail not him.

Mermaid Mystery
05-05-2015, 08:49 PM
it's not him, it's Merymeja on YouTube (I think that's it) she's been trying to sell it for a while now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merman Arion
05-05-2015, 09:18 PM
If it's the real deal, it's quite a bargain considering the price!

But I'm not sure if the photos are recent.

Ashe
05-05-2015, 09:29 PM
it's not him, it's Merymeja on YouTube (I think that's it) she's been trying to sell it for a while now

Yep I remember seeing this tail in her videos. It was the first recreational silicone mermaid tail that I saw, actually. But I think its an Adam Martyn...

Mermaid Mystery
05-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Yep I remember seeing this tail in her videos. It was the first recreational silicone mermaid tail that I saw, actually. But I think its an Adam Martyn...

yeah, its an Adam Martyn tail. it doesn't have a monofin, it's a teeny bit damaged (if I remember correct) but it's beautiful nonetheless.

Ashe
05-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Shoot... I'm not a fan of the colors but that price is unbeatable for a silicone tail. I kinda want it. Oh wait, I have no money :)

-Annwyn-
05-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Ah, Adam Martyn.

He could've had the world in his hands but he chose to completely fuck it all up. Which is a terrible shame, because I really liked his work.

So he's operating out of Budapest now and selling to European clients?

AniaR
05-05-2015, 11:41 PM

Lol I know read the last paragraph of my post. ;)

AniaR
05-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Ah, Adam Martyn.

He could've had the world in his hands but he chose to completely fuck it all up. Which is a terrible shame, because I really liked his work.

So he's operating out of Budapest now and selling to European clients?
I thought the add said the tail is in Canada. ( country of origin)

Those pics don't look like a monofin. They look like matt's where your feet just stick in the body IMO.

I figure a collector might grab this up

Mermaid Mystery
05-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Lol I know read the last paragraph of my post. ;)

just wanted to clarify exactly who it is lol

Prince Calypso
05-06-2015, 03:45 AM
The tail in and of itself is beautiful and quite the steal for the price
if it could be altered a bit i would be something i would interested in buying
but i don't think it could be re sized or repainted though i do love the color scheme ive recently changed mine up

Mermaid Kassandra
05-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Actually I've seen a video of the tail and it's very damaged... It lost a big piece of one fluke's corner and in the middle (where you can see the flowers) there is a big huge crack that separates the two half of the fluke.

On the body there are also some holes...
So whoever is going to buy it has to make big and important fixing.
Also the girl doesn't say exactly what type of silicone the tail is made of so it will be a sort of "I don't know where to go" in ordering the materials to fix it I think...

If you want I can post here the link of the video I've seen.

As for the seller I don't know if it's still Merymaya because the girl who is selling it is in Russia.
So I'm more convinced that it's a third hand tail (I don't know if this is the correct expression...)

lynsea
05-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Remember when we used to think he was the epitome of tailmaking? Now look at all the wonderful, and if I do say so myself, more beautiful options we have to pick from.

-Annwyn-
05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I thought the add said the tail is in Canada. ( country of origin)

eBay says the item is being shipped from Moscow, Russian Federation.
The main description says that the tail was made in America, but no information at all pertaining to it being Canada!

AniaR
05-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Weird it shows up as Canada for me

-Annwyn-
05-06-2015, 01:50 PM

Weird it shows up as Canada for me

AniaR
05-06-2015, 01:52 PM
It must be an IP thing cuz it shows up Canada no matter what device! Weird. I just thought it would end up being cheaper if it was in CAD lol

-Annwyn-
05-06-2015, 01:57 PM
It must be an IP thing cuz it shows up Canada no matter what device! Weird. I just thought it would end up being cheaper if it was in CAD lol

That is indeed odd... :/

Mermaid Lorelei
05-06-2015, 02:00 PM
I like how she's trying to hide the damage on the fluke with flowers. XD

Mermaid Momo
05-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Can you link to the video with the damage? I remember seeing this tail years ago when it was being used in a mermaid web series

Mermaid Wesley
05-06-2015, 04:39 PM
I think what's it's saying is that it was made in Canada and she's selling it from Russia. Mine says both too. And in not in Canada OR Russia lol. Maybe she made a mistake when filling it out or something idk. But I would also like to see the fluke

Moongazer
05-06-2015, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uddwrz0O0qE

Mermaid Kassandra
05-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Here it is!

.youtube.com/watch?v=Uddwrz0O 0qE

(add the missing part and delete the space in the URL to see the video -I had to add them because I saw it wasn't showing correctly)

also you'll find the web series on the same channel but only the second season (I don't know why she never released the first one)

Mermaid Wesley
05-06-2015, 11:53 PM
oh thats not bad at all! for that cheap its a great deal

teeth4u
05-06-2015, 11:56 PM
I really appreciate the transparency of the seller who posted that video! Too often are mermaids ripped off by sellers.

AniaR
05-07-2015, 12:58 AM
I really appreciate the transparency of the seller who posted that video! Too often are mermaids ripped off by sellers.
The seller DIDNT post the video

Mermaid Momo
05-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Too bad the person trying to sell it now doesn't mention the damages :P (at least I didn't see any mention of the damages)

Mermaid Momo
05-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Edit: You beat me to it Raina!

Mermaid Kassandra
05-07-2015, 04:42 AM
Yes the seller doesn't mention the high damages of the tail, the video is from the previous owner (the girl named Mermaya sold the tail to the actual seller and Mermaya uploaded the video long ago when she first sold the tail) and I found the video because I was suspicious of that flowers on the fluke so I started searching the net and at the end my suspicions where right.

Mermaid Wesley
05-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Ah.