PDA

View Full Version : Is The MerTailor's Performance a Step Up? I'm about to buy - help!!!

AtlantisDreamer
05-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Hi there,

So I've had one of the swimsuit fabric skins over a Finis Wave monofin from AquaTails for a couple of years now. I'm looking to upgrade and I was wondering what you guy know or think about the MerTailor's performance spandex tails? I can already see that the way it will form fit will be completely fabulous compared to the big, draped, Aquatails Angelskin tail I'm using right now. At the same time, The Basic Silicone (which would be the highest I could afford off his site and I'd only barely scrape by), doesn't really appeal to me that much. I actually feel like I care that much whether it has raised silicone dragon skin or not. Also, the concept of how much it's gonna way, wet or dry, and jus generally lugging it around and trying got get it on by myself + aftercare when swimming in chlorine that's required isn't something I want to have to deal with too much - I used to be a surfer and I've had a lifetime's supply of neoprene, lol. Those things are nearly impossible to get on and off, so I wouldn't want a tail like that either. So what do you guys think? In the past i've heard nothing but *bad* things for he MerTailor so I'm a tad confused here...

--AtlantisDreamer

Mermaid Wesley
05-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I have actually never ever heard anything about his performance spandex tails. i think the reason is that there are tons of cheaper fabric tails available on etsy and stuff. I'm sure some people have them but ive never seen em.

AtlantisDreamer
05-07-2015, 01:38 PM
What about the Fringe Trail from AquaTails? Does anyone know how that one compares to the performance spandex from the MerTailor at all?

Theta
05-07-2015, 01:43 PM
A friend of mine has had two fabric (spandex) tails from Mertailor, one fancier than the other. She was very pleased with them.

She has some video on her FB page, where you can see how lovely it moves in the water.

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidJennifer

AtlantisDreamer
05-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you! I think I will be getting one of these <3