PDA

View Full Version : If you've got a problem...

AniaR
12-16-2011, 03:31 PM
... then please own up and say so. I've been enduring some interesting "things" lately which lead me to believe someone from the community has an issue with me. I try to be a pretty transparent person, this isn't the "public face" I put on in hopes you'll like my page or something this is the real me screw ups and all. I dont know how to be someone else. The community is extremely important to me and if someone's got an issue I'd like to resolve it. I, like everyone else, can be a big stupid idiot at time (ex. the time I thought someone stole my image and they didnt and I made a big public stink about it) but I always try to resolve those things (ex. big public apology taking responsibility for said stupidness) it's come to my attention there's some 'rumours' flying around. I have a pretty good idea where it's all stemming from and Im sure you do too ;) I mean really there's only two people I know of who could have a beef with me.

But, better to err on the side of caution, I just want to say if anyone here in the community has ever had an issue with me dont feel like we can't talk about it. Don't think I can't change my mind, or that we can't be friends either. Im a person who prefers positivity to negativity and keeping certain boundaries from toxic people is hard because I'd rather forgive and forget (sometimes it just gets to a point where you're being walked on though and it's better to put a boundary down) There's a lot of "clique"ness going on out there in the mermaiding world. I see it a lot, but maybe I'm the only one who sees it. It's part of the reason why I wanted so badly to start the e-zine. But being part of the community keeps me grounded and helps me be a better person in a mer. if Im heading in a bad direction I'd rather my friends tell me so then let me crash and burn. Im all by myself out here and without mer-family around it's hard to know the ropes... have to figure it out mostly online and by myself so I stumble sometimes.

That being said if anyone has any issue at all, please feel free to PM me, or email me. I'd be happy to discuss and see what to do to make it better.

Spindrift
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
http://adashofthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/octopus_cake-6_2-398x500.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2653/4058859283_e15073320a_z.jpg

Spindrift
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Cake makes people feel better sometimes.

New York Mermaid
12-16-2011, 05:08 PM
^damn that is an amazing cake,

Sorry your going through this Raina, your a wonderful kindhearted person.

AniaR
12-16-2011, 06:43 PM
that was an epic cake. Holy karp.

Thanks ladies, it's not so much Im going through something, I think we all have people we dont like and who dont like us and that's fine. It's just disappointing to be kind to someone and then have them turn around behind your back. I mean seriously, if you dont like me, fine :P no one forces us to communicate

Odette
12-16-2011, 07:05 PM
oh i had that happen too. you are going about it well in my opinion. we should all be like family. no crazy"im better than you" attitude.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Omigosh, now I want octopus cakes!

Raina, I'm sorry that you keep coming up against this nonsense... I agree with Odette about us all supposed to be like a family (though I should add that every family has a "Crazy Aunt Edna" or "Wacky Uncle Frank" or "Cousin Jake, who now calls himself Valhandra Darkshadow and only wears black"). I am still really new to the Mer community, though, so I haven't noticed anything yet. Hopefully I'll stay that way. In the meantime, if it gets to wear on you, rely on the rest of us to share the burden a little and refresh your energy.

HBMermaid_Angela
12-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I hope everything gets resolved. I don't like when people act "childish" and just can't come out and say how they feel!
With that being said: I FEEL totally JEALOUS of whoever received that bottom cake!!!!

Mermaid Sirena
12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry love that this is happening though I feel this is a good way of going about it. I know what you mean about the community being clicky though. I hope this all gets resolved soon! And you are going down a wonderful path so don't worry :)

Mermaid Shelly
12-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Raina you are so wonderful! Truly a role model of leading by example, showing your kind nature by openly welcoming feedback and not just shunning people for disagreeing with you. That being said, I personally could never understand anyone having an issue with you because you are one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Keep your fins up sweetie, you've always done the right thing I believe by staying in the light and we're all behind you :)