PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Mermaid Enora
05-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Hey there to all you Euro mers!
I'm going to be traveling in y'all's area this summer the last week in July and the first two weeks in August. I'll be with family and friends and we're backpacking from Paris to Rome and then picking up a cruise from Rome to Barcelona.
Was hoping to get some tips from y'all that might make my travel easier. We'll be one day in the following cities: Paris, Venice, Florence, Naples, Livorno/Pisa, Monte Carlo, saint Raphael, Calvi, Cittiavecchia, Palermo, and Olbia. And we'll be two days in Rome and Barcelona. And a few hours in Stockholm, Zurich and Reykjavik. Since its our first time in most of these places well mostly be seeing the tourist traps. ie Eiffel Tower, colosseum, tower of Pisa, etc.

so so a few things that I was interested in were
a non expensive restaurant in Paris and Rome
things to do in Livorno, Calvi, Olbia, and Palermo
something to do in 4 hours in Stockholm
anything else you can think of....... :)

unfortunalety since all my worldly goods will be in a backpack I won't be able to bring my mermaid tail for the Mediterranean. :/
also, with the exception of Livorno Calvi Olbia and Palermo I won't have time to meet up with anyone since we're on a really fast schedule. The only way I'd be able to find anyone in the other cities is if you camp out in mermaid tail at the national monuments and museums. :)

thanks for any help you can give me!

Aysun_the_Mermaid
05-22-2015, 04:09 PM
4 hours in Stockholm? You will learn to like it.

Mermaid Enora
05-22-2015, 04:29 PM
4 hours in Stockholm? You will learn to like it.
its a layover on our flight we have longer but I imagine that's about all the time we'll have to see anything.

Aysun_the_Mermaid
05-22-2015, 04:29 PM
(I was teasing [emoji14] Stockholm syndrome)

Yulia
05-22-2015, 04:31 PM
its a layover on our flight we have longer but I imagine that's about all the time we'll have to see anything.
OMG let me know when you are going there, we could do something together! :D

Mermaid Enora
05-22-2015, 04:32 PM
(I was teasing [emoji14] Stockholm syndrome)
Oh I get it now......haha :)

Mermaid Enora
05-22-2015, 04:34 PM
OMG let me know when you are going there, we could do something together! :D
It should be somewhere around August 13,14, or 15. Not entirely sure at the moment since I'm at work right now.

Yulia
05-22-2015, 04:44 PM
It should be somewhere around August 13,14, or 15. Not entirely sure at the moment since I'm at work right now.
I'll be in Stockholm around that time. My boyfriend lives there and is birthday his the 11th.

Mermaid Enora
05-22-2015, 04:45 PM
I'll be in Stockholm around that time. My boyfriend lives there and is birthday is the 11th.
Awesome!

Mermaid Jaffa
05-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Don't buy one each of the gigantic French sammiches. It has a name, I forgot what its called. Bought them at the Eiffel Tower. Just think, 8 people with the giant 2 foot long Subway type of food. Add to the fact that my Uncle doesn't like to waste food, so he ate all of our sammiches!! We all could only eat a quarter of ours and the rest was too much! We didn't know it would be that big. We thought they were regular sized food. All them shocked faces when we received it at our table...

Yulia
05-23-2015, 06:54 AM
BAGUETTE

http://utterberg.net/upload/img/201505231252-le_bagutt_copy.jpg

Mermaid Isabel
05-23-2015, 02:13 PM
HI!!!! So happy you're coming to visit Italy! :D I happen to live in Livorno so maybe I could help you to visit quite a few places ahahah, because I've been a tourist guide for a couple of friends of mine from Boston in january, furthermore there's plenty of things to do in the city :yay:! Because It will be really hot It would be nice if you could bring a swimsuit with you so we could go to the beach, if you have time. Here's one of the most beautiful beaches in Livorno, Calafuria. I think you can find plenty of pictures of the place on google. The city of Livorno has canals, almost like Venice, so you could buy the ticket for a boat that would take you around to see them, while having an english-speaking guide to teach you about the history of the city.;) Livorno is really close to Pisa, so we could get there by train, about 2.50€ for the ticket, in 20 minutes. It's easy to walk around Pisa, plus almost all of the historical sites are settled in the same square, "Campo dei Miracoli", "Miracles' field".

Message to me if you would like to know anything else. :)
I'm looking forward to get to know you! :D

Varga
05-24-2015, 02:34 PM

I'll be in Stockholm around that time. My boyfriend lives there and is birthday his the 11th.

Maybe we can all have a Stockholm meet up there then since I live there! :D What type of things (museeums, restaurant, sightseeing, picknicking etc) do you like to do?

Mermaid Enora
05-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Maybe we can all have a Stockholm meet up there then since I live there! :D What type of things (museeums, restaurant, sightseeing, picknicking etc) do you like to do?
I'd love to meet up with y'al when I'm there!
My group will only be there for a short time during a layover so maybe just some walking around sightseeing. We can take a train in from the airport and meet y'all at an appointed station.
Can't wait!!

Mermaid Enora
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM
HI!!!! So happy you're coming to visit Italy! :D I happen to live in Livorno so maybe I could help you to visit quite a few places ahahah, because I've been a tourist guide for a couple of friends of mine from Boston in january, furthermore there's plenty of things to do in the city :yay:! Because It will be really hot It would be nice if you could bring a swimsuit with you so we could go to the beach, if you have time. Here's one of the most beautiful beaches in Livorno, Calafuria. I think you can find plenty of pictures of the place on google. The city of Livorno has canals, almost like Venice, so you could buy the ticket for a boat that would take you around to see them, while having an english-speaking guide to teach you about the history of the city.;) Livorno is really close to Pisa, so we could get there by train, about 2.50€ for the ticket, in 20 minutes. It's easy to walk around Pisa, plus almost all of the historical sites are settled in the same square, "Campo dei Miracoli", "Miracles' field".

Message to me if you would like to know anything else. :)
I'm looking forward to get to know you! :D

We were planning on spending the morning in Pisa and then looking around livorno in the afternoon and evening.
We are definitely bringing swimsuits and were hoping to find a place to swim!!
Can't wait to meet you!
I'll message you later. I've got too many ren faires going on right now to give further thought to my Europe trip. Once I get past May I'll have time.

Mermaid Enora
06-15-2015, 07:22 PM
alrighty.....
so I'll be in Stockholm August 14th from 1145 to 1800.
So not a ton of time since its a layover. But we'd like to try and get in to Stockholm proper to see a little bit and hopefully meet up with y'all for a bit. We'll probably only have about 2-3 hours if we get off the plane and out of the airport fast.
Any particular place that's scenic that y'all might like to meet up at? Anywhere in Stockholm or in between Stockholm and the Stockholm-arlanda airport.

And I'll be in Livorno August 7th from 0700 to 1900.

Yulia
06-16-2015, 08:59 AM
"Gamla stan" -Old Town is a classical tourist spot, it's very pretty and placed central.

Mermaid Enora
08-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Update:
I had an amazing time on my trip! Everywhere was so different and spectacular!!!
Especially had a fun time with Mermaid Isabel in Livorno. She came with us to Pisa and helped us navigate the trains, buses, and restaurants. I ate some eggplant and chickpea paste on a pita type bread. We took silly photos with the tower of pisa and then went back to Livorno. We also walked up the tower and went inside the church. Isabel took us to a local beach, it was all rocks, but there was a cold mediterranean to swim in. The water was amazing!! I was an idiot and forgot the go pro back on the cruise ship and was so upset. The water was crystal clear and so green with deep caverns below our feet. Isabel swims like a mermaid even with out a tail on. I so wish I could have had my tail along the scenery was so gorgeous and would have made amazing photos!!!
I didn't have enough time on my layover to see Yulia at all. :(
Really we could have seen more of Sweden......oh well, obviously I need another trip. :)

Y'all can see the photos from Livorno on my Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009528500838&sk=photos&collection_token=100009528500838%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.1470269633300639.1073741833.100009528500838&type=3

mermaidmanuela
08-29-2015, 10:37 AM
If you're going to Palermo too, let me know! :) (sorry I'm reading your post only now)

Mermaid Enora
08-29-2015, 10:17 PM
If you're going to Palermo too, let me know! :) (sorry I'm reading your post only now)
So I've been home now for 2 weeks.
This was more of an update on what I did on my trip.
I did go to Palermo so sorry that we missed each other, I would have loved to meet you!

anceos
09-28-2015, 10:56 PM
No luck, i didn't see your post... cause i could have helped you, as i live in Paris... hope you had great times during your trip

Mermaid Enora
09-30-2015, 12:19 PM
No luck, i didn't see your post... cause i could have helped you, as i live in Paris... hope you had great times during your trip
Aw too bad that would have been fun!

On the other hand, I will be in Copenhagen, Germany, Austria, Venice, Croatia, and the Greek Isles next May and June for 3 weeks if anyone in this locations is interested in meeting up.
Not sure what cities in germany and Austria yet, but probably Berlin, Munich, Vienna, or Salzburg.