PDA

View Full Version : New avatar is blurry?

Ashe
05-24-2015, 01:43 AM
After a few years and a new tail, I decided it might be time to change my avatar. I uploaded a 170 x 128 picture that was fairly clear, no noticeable blur. When it uploaded, it was all blurry as you can see to the left. Is there something wrong with the way I upload it or are any other mers having this problem?

ShyMer
05-24-2015, 11:11 AM
That's a pretty small size, I think. In general, the fewer pixels it has, the blurrier it will be.
Did you use a computer program to modify the picture? Also what file format is it? If it's a jpeg, it could be because of the compression.
I'm not entirely sure because I work with inches and resolution, not number of pixels, but I kinda feel like it's to be expected.
Too bad I can't see it well with Tapatalk :(

Mermaid Kelda
05-25-2015, 02:12 AM
The max dimensions are 200x200. I'm not sure if it stretches the image if it's smaller, but using a larger image might help. Also make sure that it's no bigger than 19.5 kb, because otherwise the site will resize it and that'll make it hella blurry. Use a jpg for a smaller file size if possible, or reduce the number of colours in the image.