PDA

View Full Version : Walrus wobble anyone?

Imogen Finnly
05-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Okay, i was in my spandex tail, and i was wondering "well, ill just walrus wobble to my bed, why hasnt anyone done this? Mertenders! Ha!"
Then i gave up very quickly and realized why no one does lol
Amd in a tail with fins and stuff thats bound to damage it.
What are some ways you guys "weeble wobble" to your mermaid destination when your tenders arent there?

formerly jayy

Ashe
05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Ahah well it's not pretty! I'll inchworm crawl when I need to go short distances. Sit down, and extend fluke in from of you. Then push off high your hands and move your butt next to your legs. Aaaand repeat :P

Imogen Finnly
05-27-2015, 06:14 PM
So, lets call that the... geez dogs do it all thw time as a groomer i should know.. oh! The mermaid booty scoot?

formerly jayy

SeaGlass Siren
05-27-2015, 06:17 PM
LOL ^ :lol ^: THE MERMAID BOOTY SCOOT

OceanWhisper
05-27-2015, 06:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Omg

Or you could try this --------> :rollover:
Roleypoleys! :D

Imogen Finnly
05-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Ive seen a video of a mermaid doing the barrel roll!! Its so funny!
What about the peeps with dorsal action?
I would rolly polly all day and night if i could lol
I cant think of anything else that migjt be efficient lol

formerly jayy

Ashe
05-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Booty scoot? I can agree!
Funny story time: my friend and I didn't have tails (I was working on a new one) so we decided to make them out of tights and flippers. We wanted to keep it a secret from my mom (not too sure why, but this was years ago) so we got in the 'tails' in my second story room. Wellllll we didn't plan it out well and we had to booty scoot all the way through the hall, down the stairs, past my mom who had the funkiest expression on her face, open the back door, scoot out and close the door, and flop into the pool. It took a while :lol:

Mermaid Jaffa
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
I now put it on IN the pool. So no stupid gits can say things like, "Oh look! Its Ariel!"

Ariel has a GREEN scale tail and a purple bra ya dummies!!!

Plus I have a long soak under the shower in the change room, its kinda hard wriggling into a dry tail when you're wet all over!

I also put my bag nearest to the lane I'm swimming in, so that butt scooting isn't that far. Its really funny, since as soon as the lifeguards see me do that, they either turn around or pretend I'm not there!

Imogen Finnly
05-27-2015, 09:08 PM
@kalani- that's hilarious! At least it wasnt a public pool booty scoot from the changing room lol
Do ya'llz use a yoga mat? Or towel?
Isnt that the life? Having two strong men lift you up and toss you in the pool or ocean like a accidentally caught fish ? Haha

formerly jayy

Imogen Finnly
05-27-2015, 09:08 PM
I cant image what its like doing it in public! I'm worse than flounder in that aspect lol

formerly jayy

MerMaisy
05-27-2015, 11:40 PM
One time I was too lazy to take off my tail and my dog wanted out. So I like flopped around from my room, down one step, through the dining room and down another step to the living room and somehow reach the doorknob. I mostly was on my stomach and chest so I wouldn't damage my tail. Lol my dog loved that I was on his level though.

Ilyena
05-28-2015, 06:06 AM
Booty Scoot :P.
The first time getting into my neoprene slug tail (with a dorsal that doesnt fold over nicely and is quite thick). Once I got in I realised I was quite a bit away from the water and on my tummy, I had to roll all the way in and kinda just flop in. The life guards though the whole process of putting it on and rolling in was hilarious.

Princess Pearl
05-28-2015, 11:29 AM
The benefit of the fabric tail- I take out my fin and waddle ever so gracefully.

Imogen Finnly
05-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Cement booty scoot or roll! Or is that more of a crab walk lol

formerly jayy

stellar lee
09-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Regarding the Booty Scoot.... How does one keep their bottoms (regardless of what sort) from filling up with sand? I went out to the beach with my merfin and had to boot scoot into the water... my bathing suit bottom was filled with sand at the end of my swim. Any hints?

MerMaisy
09-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Are you scooting forwards or backwards? I have a fabric tail and although I haven't had it fill up with sand, I have noticed that it gets between the threads and stays there. I tend to lift up my butt when I'm scooting so I'm not ruining the back of my tail.

stellar lee
09-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Note: I have short arms, and a substantial butt- so this could be a major part of it. As I recall, I was scooting with my face facing the beach- so my butt was towards the water. I also had a goodly amount of sand in my swim bra as well... though I didn't do a boob scoot, i may have somehow, inadvertently, done a booby scoop?

MerMaisy
09-08-2015, 09:24 PM
I kind of scoot forwards. That might help because the waist of the tail wouldn't be dragging. I have slenderman arms and a nonexistent butt, so that probably helps[emoji13]

Mermaid Jaffa
09-09-2015, 01:01 AM
Butt scooting with arms to lift you, then you won't scuff your tail butt.

Imogen Finnly
09-11-2015, 11:54 PM
I seriously wish it would be so easy to undulate so gracefully across the sand and stuff..
" wow, that mermaid is moving across the sand..so amazing and graceful. She is an angel"
Not like
"Oh.. what is that mermaid doing good lord. Does she have muscle spasms? "

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Imogen Finnly
09-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Are you scooting forwards or backwards? I have a fabric tail and although I haven't had it fill up with sand, I have noticed that it gets between the threads and stays there. I tend to lift up my butt when I'm scooting so I'm not ruining the back of my tail.
Like a crab? Would lifting your butt and crab-hopping scratch the fluke bottom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

MerMaisy
09-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Not really. Idk it's kind of like doing an inchworm with my legs, just a little hoppier. Plus I'm not putting my weight down on my fluke. I don't even know what I do lol.