PDA

View Full Version : End of June meetup in mid-Massachusetts

Echinacea
05-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Since it is coming up to summer swimming time, I am planning to try and get a mer meetup together again at my local swimming pool in late June. Last year, we had six of us merfolk, plus a couple of merlings! Here is what I have for information at the moment...
Location: Wayside Racquet and Swim Club, Marlborough, MA 01752
Date/Time: Saturday, June 27th - 11 AM till they kick us out!
Admission price: $15/person - this covers use of the outdoor pool, indoor pool, hot tub for the day (so you can go out and come back in without having to pay again)
There is a snack bar at the pool, there is a very nice homemade ice cream place with a small indoor mini-golf course just down the street, and several restaurants in town. I am planning to have hamburgers and hot dogs available for supper at my house, and the pool is ok with you bringing a cooler, just no glass bottles, please.
I do have some limited sleeping space available (guest room with a double bed and a double bed futon in the living room and a yard where people could pitch a tent or two) in case anyone wants to come from far away and needs a place to stay for the night, plus there are some motels nearby.
Hoping to see some new faces! grin emoticon301433014430145

OrcaMatt
06-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Can't make this one but think there will be another this summer?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Echinacea
06-21-2015, 07:12 PM
There is a meetup in upstate NY the end of July, and I am hoping to have one down on Cape Cod mid-August. If you are local to Massachusetts and would like to come swim some weekend, let me know, I will be glad to have more company! I do try to swim most weekends, and Monday/Wednesday on the weekdays. There is a pod in NYC that gets together on Coney Island most weekends, too, I think.

Echinacea
06-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Just a nudge to remind people, I am having a mer-gathering in Marlborough, MA this Saturday, June 27th, at the Wayside Racquet and Swim Club. Starts at 11:00 AM, admission is $15 per person for the day. There is a snack bar at the club, there is also a home-made ice cream place just down the street, plus there are no rules about not bringing your own picnic lunch (except no glass bottles or other breakables). I will be having hot dogs and hamburgers at my house afterwards, for those who want to stay for dinner. PM me for more info. Hope to see some new faces! :yay::dance::mermaid kiss:

Echinacea
06-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Not looking too promising for a gathering tomorrow. So far, it looks like it will just be me and my Mer-Sistah Marla. If anyone else is coming, please let me know.