PDA

View Full Version : Merry Meet

MermaidMisty
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
My mermaid name is Mermaid Misty. I've always loved the water; in fact, the only moments of real happiness I remember from my childhood are of swimming. I haven't been able to go swimming more than a few times in the past 3 years though, as I moved across the country to Oregon, where I have no family/friends who own a pool.
I recently realized that my life's passion is to become a mermaid. I suppose I always knew it, but I didn't realize it was possible until I came upon the mermaid community accidentally (thanks Google!). Now all I want is to make up for lost time.
I also recently discovered that we have a local public pool (convenient!) with a supposedly low admission fee, so I'll have a place to reacquaint myself with the water while I save up for a monofin and start working on a tail pattern.
What am I besides a mermaid? I'm also a water witch, collector of stones/shells/small shiny objects, sewer, crocheter, reader, writer, artist, player of magic the card game, and amateur mythologist.
I hope to become an asset to this community, and thank you in advance for your gracious welcomes :)
-Mermaid Misty

ShyMer
12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Welcome Mermaid Misty! Looking forward to getting to know you better on the boards.

Mermaid Shelly
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
So lovely to meet you Mermaid Misty! It is wonderful to have you here! Welcome :)

AniaR
12-18-2011, 07:20 PM
welcome to mernetwork!

happyguava
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Welcome, fellow witch :)

MermaidMisty
12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! :) Wow, I've barely gotten my toes wet and already I feel so well loved <3

Mermaid Sirena
12-18-2011, 08:09 PM
That is wonderful! It's always a pleasure to welcome a new member to the community.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice to meet you! I'm a former magic player (more into RPGs now) and amateur mythologist as well.

MermaidMisty
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Sirena, the pleasure is all mine :)
Joy, I enjoy RPGs as well on occasion :) And as far as magic goes, I bet I could get you to play again if I ever got around to making mermaid magic cards :)

Azurin Luna
12-19-2011, 01:44 AM
I was a magic player too! I wanted to have all the water cards in the game, but it soon became a little too expencive to get them around here. Now you even rarely see them in the stores.

MermaidMisty
12-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Azurin Luna, that's too bad... but if you wanted to play again, perhaps there are people near you that are trying to sell their old cards? Out here there are lots of former players that try to sell boxes of old cards when they come on hard times. They get a little extra cash and you get a big discount :)