PDA

View Full Version : weeki wachee try outs

MermaidLuciana
06-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Has anyone tried out to be a weeki wachee mermaid? How'd it go?

MermaidCelesteFL
06-01-2015, 03:37 PM
I have, and GreenTeaMermaid has.

I made it to the call backs (which isn't difficult), but despite how well I did the next day, I got turned down for being an already-established mermaid.

Merman Arion
06-01-2015, 03:58 PM
I got turned down for being an already-established mermaid.

And that's... a bad thing? :(

MermaidAine
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Well that seems incredibly silly. But I guess they just want their Mers to be "theirs".

Mermaid Freyja
06-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Most entertainment companies, which is what I imagine WW has/is, require a kind of non competition agreement. If you already have a brand (on paper or not) it could cause a conflict with their already well established brand.

MermaidCelesteFL
06-01-2015, 05:12 PM
From what I've gathered, they are very picky when it comes to that kind of thing. Considering I have a lot of previous mermaid experience, they don't want me mermaiding outside my actual job and taking away from Weeki Wachee's business or making a bad name for them. I can understand where they come from in this regard, but I still think it's kinda crappy.

In the end, they never told me why I didn't get an interview, especially since I know I performed well during the callbacks. But given their history and drama with past mermaids leaving WW to make their own mermaid business and performances, I would probably say that my assumption is correct.

I also know that when they interviewed GreenTeaMermaid, they asked her if she can move to WW for the job. They only want people that live nearby and can be reliable to get there on a regular basis.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try out, but keep in mind, they are very picky as to who they want.

MermaidLuciana
06-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Well that's odd

AniaR
06-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah its standard like a non compete.

Noelle1966
07-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Weeki Wachee try-outs are Wednesday, July 22 at 4:00 PM according to their facebook page.