PDA

View Full Version : Hello party merpeople!

MermaidCole
12-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey, my name's Nicole. I'm 18 years old and I hail from Michigan. I live in a city on the bay of Lake Huron, which is where it get's it's name from, Bay City. To say I grew up around water is an understatement. My county was literally founded on a large river running through the area and is pretty much the center of our little world. I have only just recently found out about mermaiding, even though I've always loved mermaids, and I can't believe I never thought of making a tail! I'm going to make a fabric tail for my Birthday (in February), but I hope in the future I'll be able to make one of neoprene/ALEX latex. I'm also very interested in history of all sorts, as well as photography. I don't really know what else I can say about myself so... Thanks for reading!

ShyMer
12-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Merry Christmas!
Your story sounds a lot like mine:) I went mermaiding for the first time on my bday also- was fantastic. My friend isn't into the mermaiding stuff but she liked trying my monofin and was cool with making sure I didn't drown or whatever. Will be looking forward to seeing more of you on the boards.

mermanjr
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO HAVE ALOT IN COMMON

I GOT STARTED EARLY IN LIFE BUT HAD NO IDEA THE MERMAID COMMUNITY EXISTED TILL A FRIEND SHOWED ME HER TAIL AND INTRO DUCED ME TO IT I WAS JUST USEING A MONOFIN AT THE TIME FOR STREGTHENING MY LEGS BECAUSE I HAVE ROD IN EACH OF THEM HOLDING THEM TOGETHER FROM A BAD CAR ACCIDENT SO I STARTED MERSWIMMING AND LOVED IT EVER SINCE I HAVE 3 TAILS AND WAITING ON MY FORTH FROM MY PARENT COMPANY MERMAIDCREATIONSINC.COM I DO PR WORK FOR THEM AND DO SOME OTHER THINGS IM NOW A PART TIME SWIMM INSTRUCTOR HERE IN PITTSBURGH GIVING KIDS SWIMMING LESSONS AND SWIMMING IN MY TAILS EVERYDAY GIVING UNFORNATE KIDS A THRILL OF JUST SEEING A MER IN THE WATER SINCE ITS A POOR COMMUNITY WITH VERY LITTLE HOPE AT TIMES :) WE HAVE 3 RIVERS HERE SO ALWAYS BEEN FACINATED BY WATER AND REALLY GOT HOOKED WHEN I WATCHED SPLASH BUT IT WAS TILL I WAS 16 I FOUND OUT ABOUT TAILS AND I BEEN MERSWIMMING EVER SINCE

Mermaid Hamant
12-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi! ^^ Welcome to the forum. :)

Mermaid Sirena
12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Hello! It's so good to meet another Michigan Mer :) What color fabric are you going to use?

Mermaid Shelly
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome! It is lovely to meet you :)

MermaidCole
12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! :D
@Sirena: I'm not really quite sure. I think for my fabric tail I'm going to go with a dark red... What part of Michigan are you from?