PDA

View Full Version : Blue Stone Dive Resort - Thomasville, NC

Merman Dan
06-29-2015, 12:53 PM
I visited the Blue Stone Dive Resort (http://www.bluestonediveresort.com) yesterday, just to see what it looked like.

Most of the good stuff; the airplane, helicopter, and boat wrecks as well as the "caverns" are in thirty to fifty feet of water, so scuba gear would be required. Still, there are plenty of shallow spots for snorkeling/free diving, while I work on getting a refresher scuba course. Admittedly they had never heard of "mermaiding" before but after I described it they were not opposed.

Merman Dan
08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Today I went back to Blue Stone and swam in my tail. It was amazing! If you are a member of the Triad Merfolk group on Facebook I posted pictures and videos. The shallow swimming area has huge koi swimming everywhere! The only drawback is that swimmers must wear a deflatable vest for insurance reasons but I found it handy. When deflated it is no more cumbersome than a t-shirt but when inflated it allows for a rest when floating over the deeper areas.

Mermaid AshleyML
05-14-2016, 07:02 PM
this is amazing i must go check this out now its literally in the town beside me !!!!!