PDA

View Full Version : Cheap yet realistic?

Mermaid Lizzie
07-06-2015, 04:14 PM
I have been looking for a silicone tail that is cheap yet still looks like a real tail. I considered getting the Mertailor basic silicone tail but a lot of the reviews i have read on here say the service sucks and the tail is crap. Are these true or should i consider another tail maker? I cant spend much over $800 as i might still grow. If anyone has anything to say in Eric's defense or knows another tail maker that can make a cheap and realistic silicone tail that would be fabulous!

Thank you so much!
Mermaid Lizzie

Yulia
07-06-2015, 04:34 PM
There's a Swedish saying called:
"Snålheten bedrar visheten"

"Greediness deceives wisedom"

Look into Tigg's Tails, they are in your pricerange.

Meronica
07-06-2015, 05:21 PM
I have a basic silicone tail and love it. It's holding up well after a year of usage. However, he isn't the best with customer service. I made sure that my measurements were super accurate before I sent them in and towards the end of my estimated wait time, I emailed him once a week to check in.

His quality seems to be much better lately, but he still occasionally has problems with his tails. Recently a member here received a tail with a small patch of scales that wasn't properly cured and leeched pigment onto her floor. :/ My experience was good, but there doesn't seem to be any way of guaranteeing that your experience will be perfect with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Lizzie
07-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Honestly if i can get a mermaid tail i dont care that much about the service. Its nice to hear that they have improved in their quality and if anything is wrong with it i will be sure to bother him until he fixes it. :p

MerEmma
07-06-2015, 06:29 PM
I suggest highly studying up on the Mertailor; he is certainly doing better but there isn't really much "bothering him until he fixes it." Read plenty of reviews and make a well informed decision. :)

Sirenalia is new and I believe their tails may be on the lower end price of silicone...not for certain though. Silicone is going to run you somewhat high though no matter what.

Mermaid Lizzie
07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
I checked their website and it said that their children's tails were in my range but im not sure that i would be classified a child and their adult tails were $1,300. Do you know the age/height limit for their child's tails?

Mermaid Kassandra
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
If you want you can have a look at our listing that you can find here

www.facebook.com/mermaidKassandra

look at the "Tail & Entertainment Pricing" section and if you have any question feel free to write us at mermaidKassandra@Gmail.com

I think that our Fusion Silicone tail is a great solution for you, more you can get a matching top with it for less than €800 in total 😉

Let me know what do you think we still have a spot open 😊

Yulia
07-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I checked their website and it said that their children's tails were in my range but im not sure that i would be classified a child and their adult tails were $1,300. Do you know the age/height limit for their child's tails?
It's in australian dollars.

Fifi Tigg
07-06-2015, 07:52 PM

Hi Mermaid Lizzie,
I'm sure I could help you out and Yulia is right my prices are in Australian dollars :)
Plus the beauty of my tails is that you are not just getting a standard look, you can design the shape and colours of your tail to suit your mersona ;)

MerEmma
07-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Take a look at our Tailmakers page. It lists everyone. Take your time, browse your options, decide your tastes and figure out who is in your budget and suits your needs best. :) It's under "Buying Tails" at the top of the page. All the pages. On the desktop site.

Mermaid Carly
07-06-2015, 09:31 PM
You can also go to the Classifieds section for used silicone tails that fit close to your measurements. They don't pop up too often, but it's good to keep on the lookout in the meantime.

Mermaid Lizzie
07-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Thank you all so much! These help alot and hopefully i will be getting my tail soon!

Yulia
07-07-2015, 02:06 PM
It is recommended to start out with a monofin or fabric tail before stepping up though.

Mermaid Kassandra
07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Yes Yulia is more than right you should start with something light and not that heavy it's also safer for you 😊

Merenneito Nerissa
07-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Yup, it's me whose tail colored our floor (and my diving bag...), so I suggest for consideration. The tail is absolutely beautiful and functional, paint-job isn't exactly what I wanted, but I accepted it when he sent me pics, it looked different in the pictures because of the light. However, after four times of use the paint started to come off behind the heels (which is the are with most stress, yes, I know, but come on, FOUR times of use... + my previous tail, also ordered from him, is still very completely covered with paint, no paint has come off). But the most awesome thing is that I now have to be very careful where I put the tail to dry or even where I keep it, and cause it's so big item I can tell you that it's quite stressful to always secure all the surfaces where I lay it down... :/ First experience with the partial silicone tail was very nice, this second one not so much. So if you are ready to take 50-50 chance for maybe getting a good tail...
After all he honestly is very talented with making the tails, when making them properly. His tails are very beautiful, but it looks like the popularity has gone a bit on his head, and as someone stated on some thread, it seems like in his mind one should think that they are lucky to be his clients and getting a tail made by him. I think that success will last longest when one remembers to keep the humbleness with...

Mermaid Lizzie
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM
I contacted Mertailor after reading your post and he said, as i was getting the basic tail which is not as heavy as a full silicone tail, it would be fine for a beginner as long as they feel perfectly safe, have someone with them, and have a swimming back ground (which i do if you count about 8 years of serious competitive swimming in which we have to have a strong butterfly kick)