PDA

View Full Version : Any Mers near Ventura/Santa Barbara?

Saelyyia
07-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Hey folks, I am pretty new to the pod and have been noticing that there are many mers to the south down in the San diego/long beach areas and up north, but I was curious if there is anyone swimming around in the waters near the west side of Ventura County?

Mermaid Wesley
07-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Welcome! I'm close to long beach (san pedro) and there are a few in LA but it seems like where you are is a sortof "dead zone" there aren't many people in ventura. You might have to venture south for any meetups, but you might be able to find a few buddies up that way :)

Saelyyia
07-13-2015, 06:17 PM
I don't mind venturing south if I can convince the boyfriend to drive because unfortunately my car doesn't like distances I was just curious if there was anyone up in this area.

Ashe
07-13-2015, 06:24 PM
I live in a little town in Ventura County! I go up to Santa Barbara often as well :)

malinghi
07-13-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm in central LA. And yesterday I met a mermaid from Santa Clarita. Mermaid Malibu lives in thousand oaks, though she's pretty busy and doesn't get to meet ups much.

If you want to meet up with people it might be possible to have a meet up at Leo Carillo beach. It's a little far for most people but we did it once before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ashe
07-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Wow Malibu and I are nearly neighbors!
I absolutely love Leo Carillo beach, all the caves and rocks make for perfect photoshoots. Had no idea there were mers near me! We will have to get together

Mermaid Wesley
07-13-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm in central LA. And yesterday I met a mermaid from Santa Clarita. Mermaid Malibu lives in thousand oaks, though she's pretty busy and doesn't get to meet ups much.

If you want to meet up with people it might be possible to have a meet up at Leo Carillo beach. It's a little far for most people but we did it once before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

YEESSSS i love that beach.

Ashe
07-13-2015, 07:19 PM
YEESSSS i love that beach.

And there's usually so many kids there because of the shallow waters. There should definitely be a meetup there before the summer ends. I'd be all in!

Saelyyia
07-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Oh yay. I'm pretty close to you guys. I'm in pretty much the heart of Ventura myself.

Ashe
08-13-2015, 11:08 PM
I'd love to bring this back and maybe think about a meetup sometime! I've never met other mers before and I'm really happy that a few live so close :)

Saelyyia
08-14-2015, 12:00 AM
I would love a meet up! I am getting a monofin for my birthday in just over two months to make my first tail and would love to have some merfriends to swim with

Ashe
08-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Ooh awesome! Sadly, beach weather is ebbing and now I'm in school. However, I was in Long Beach a month or two ago and I saw a little poster in a window for a Pirate Festival in September. I think it was 18 - 19? Its about an hour's drive south for me but I was wondering if anyone else was going to check it out?

Saelyyia
08-14-2015, 12:14 AM
I am moving end of september beginning of october so i might be able to swing that.

Merman Storm
01-11-2016, 04:13 PM
I live in Simi Valley. I'm about a mile away from where Sheroes is going to have their mermaid classes.

malinghi
01-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I live in Simi Valley. I'm about a mile away from where Sheroes is going to have their mermaid classes.
Are you guys in the California merfolk pod Facebook group? There's a meet up in Huntington beach this Sunday. I know that's a bit far south for you guys, but maybe we could arrange a carpool or something.
facebook.com/events/1564662580492354

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Merman Storm
01-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm not on FB at all.

Saelyyia
01-11-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm in the fb pod but that is just too far for my poor car to drive and I have a tournament in Piru that morning.

malinghi
01-14-2016, 04:54 PM
I'm not on FB at all.
Would you like to exchange contact info? If you want I can send you a text or something when we're having an event to let you know about it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

RomanLaveau
01-15-2016, 01:42 AM
I love traveling anyways so if you plan a meetup, I will be down to travel...and if any mers in the south of Cali wanna travel with, we can carpool, just gotta set something up...and SB is gorgeous (Visited their University for soccer) It was awesome!!!!