PDA

View Full Version : First tail from a new store! (Seaside Fairytales)

Delphinus
07-21-2015, 05:00 PM
I finished talks with a new tailmaker, and just sent my payment! It's a new store called Seaside Fairytales which just opened on Etsy. Note, this is NOT a review. I'll make a review once I have my tail.

Anyway, we've been talking about making a really cool and unique tail, and I can't wait to see how it ends up coming out. I made a tail design for an Hourglass Dolphin tail, and she's going to whip it up for me. I'm (dur) a HUGE fan of dolphins, and Hourglass dolphins are in my top 3 favorite dolphin species. Hard to pick an actual favorite.

But yes. I'd made friends with her before she opened her shop, and her prices look nice, so I'm really hoping that the store does well once she makes her sales. It's always cool to see new and fresh tailmakers and different approaches to designs and the actual fabrication of the pieces, whether they're silicone, fabric, etc...

So yeah, I'm really excited for this tail, and hoping to see how the new shop flourishes!

Mermaid Wesley
07-21-2015, 05:11 PM
I know her too. Let's hope they're awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keiris
07-22-2015, 01:20 AM
That's exciting Delphinus! What is she making it out of?

Delphinus
07-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Wesley: Yeah? That's cool!

Keiris: Should be spandex. There was talk about incorporating another aspect, but I believe in the end it's going to be a full spandex. She's ordered up the unique dolphin fluke monofin for me and everything. I'M SO EXCITED!

Keiris
07-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Wesley: Yeah? That's cool!

Keiris: Should be spandex. There was talk about incorporating another aspect, but I believe in the end it's going to be a full spandex. She's ordered up the unique dolphin fluke monofin for me and everything. I'M SO EXCITED!

Looking forward to seeing it, Delphinus!

stellar lee
08-25-2015, 02:57 AM
I'm in the process of ordering a tail from Seaside Fairytales as well! A double layer fabric based off of a killifish. I really look forward to seeing your tail from her!!! Hourglass dolphins are AMAZING.

Delphinus
08-25-2015, 05:13 AM
I'm in the process of ordering a tail from Seaside Fairytales as well! A double layer fabric based off of a killifish. I really look forward to seeing your tail from her!!! Hourglass dolphins are AMAZING.

Oh wow, that sounds like it'll be a beautiful tail! I'm really excited to see these tails finished. :)

stellar lee
08-25-2015, 08:54 AM
I am too! This is going to be my tail until I get neoprene or darlexx... but wow. I am really looking forward to seeing the graphic nature of your dolphin pop. The clear shapes, the strong contrast... love it! It makes my design feel rather pedestrian ( and truthfully, I am okay with pedestrian). There are a couple of small details that are going to make me really happy, and I'm good with that. I feel like spandex will lend itself nicely to your pattern. Can't wait to see your tail!!!

Delphinus
08-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Oh absolutely. I think the benefits to fabric and various materials are cool to see, and play with. I feel like the spandex will suit the dolphin theme well. I'd LOVE a heavier tail eventually, but I love dolphins and the Hourglass pods, so SF making this should be pretty great! Especially with the actual dolphin fluke monofin. :)

Lorelei
08-27-2015, 11:11 PM
That's awesome! So happy for you! :D I was there visiting her while she was making the prototypes and we tested them in the water for the first time. I hope she makes you something great, I cannot wait to see it (I LOVE dolphin styled tails).

Delphinus
08-28-2015, 04:51 AM
Ooooh, very cool! Haha, I'm even more excited now. I agree, too! I love the concept of cetacean themed mers, but then again, like probably everyone here, I just love seeing all the different designs and themes that get created. It's been brought up before, but I love that she's very into her craft. That kind of heart for one's art goes a long way. I need to start thinking about my merman vest to go with it!