PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Shore Michigan

Mermaid Cherish
07-24-2015, 06:33 PM
So I'm curious. I like trying new things and every time I do, most of the people for the event live on the opposite shore of Michigan. Maybe this is because of the vehicular industry, but I would love to know I'm not the only mer on the (mid)west shore of Michigan?

I'm married, have a side kick (Reese, Standard Poodle- long story) and 2 cats, Oreo and Button. My original inspiration is the Little Mermaid. One of my favorite games is Endless Ocean. And I love using my imagination. These days, I mainly use it to write stories. I feel most creative by the water, but would rather be in it then sun bathing. :) I also enjoy arts and crafts, like Pocket Letters (newly created hobby by Janette Lane) and Zen Tangle. I'm on a quest to discover myself. Before I get my first fin, for my own personal reasons, I would like to loose 100 pounds. I'm hoping to have lost that by May 2016. In the mean time, I'm working on my swimming skills.

Hello mer-world!

Angela Mermaiden
08-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Hey! Im in south west Michigan! I find the same thing everytime i hear great lakes i get excited but then they're all on the wrong side lol. I am currently working on collecting materials to make my first tail out of neoprene because I am also on a self lead journey to loose weight and get healthier. I am married with 2 boys and boy #3 due in December :) My 4 year old says he is my pirate and my husband is my wonderful support and merhandler.

Mermaid Cherish
09-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Crap! I'm so bad at keeping on top of forum posts. I don't have a job, but keep myself quite busy making sure I get the right foods, drink plenty of water, fresh air, exercise... all I can to make sure I'm dropping those pounds! This week, I couldn't do any thing but swim because of bodily injuries on my lower half.

Hopefully that'll clear pretty soon, but I am proud to say I lost 5 pounds in 4 days. All from eating properly, swimming A LOT, and only hoping that I didn't gain. Not actually intentionally going after a whopping 5 pounds. Must've been my body letting go. And it chose the right time to do it! I was feeling discouraged this week because I wasn't able to exercise the way I wanted. If I stay on track and lose another 42 pounds by Christmas, I will get myself a monofin for Christmas. Woop woop! Next spring, I hope to attend a Mermaiding class in Ann Arbor. I would love to meet other merfolk someday.

I think it's cute what your 4 year old said. Do you think your husband will actually be your mertender?