PDA

View Full Version : Sweam Monofins

koiboi
01-03-2012, 02:59 AM
seems these monofins would be fantastic for mermaiding, they're european and made in france from what i understand, and they sell them at this site : http://www.mikes-diving.co.uk/monofin-by-sweam---for-swimming-or-training-360-p.asp which ships free anywhere in the UK, was just curious if anyone had heard of them or possibly would know of an american retailer who might be able to sell me one. thanks all!

Chris.

ShyMer
01-03-2012, 08:58 AM
I like how they don't have ridges on the blade. I don't much like the rapid's look under a tail for that reason. It's a shame they don't appear to sell outside UK :(
Have any of our mers over there tried one?

inactive account
01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I use these monofins in my tails and have been for the last 4 years or so, I made a green latex mermaid tail using one of these monofins which Doreen Virtue now own's. The monofin itself is extremely comfortable however the issue is the space between the foot pockets and how well it can propell you through the water, all in all its a great product but not so much for mermaiding, more freediving as it is a wierd shape and cannot really be cut without being damaged, and it damages the look the tail ever so slightly as the footpockets space your feet far apart, this is one of the most comfortable monofins I have ever used though so it feels better than it may look. :) hopee I helped

koiboi
01-04-2012, 01:51 AM
totally did neotail! i wouldnt really wanna cut them i think i could work with this tail design, do you know of any US retailors that would sell them maybe?

Toxotes
01-04-2012, 01:41 PM
I own one of those Sweam Monofins and I want to use it in my fabric tail.
I only tried it out one time, but the heelband (?) opened really fast.
There are some kind of locks for the heelbands, one of each side of each foot.
They released the heelband only by force.
But some friends told me to tie the rings at the end of the heelbands together in order to prevent this.

I still had no time to try this.

Mermaid Jewel
01-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I found this in the FAQs section "All international orders must be paid on line only." So I assume they will ship internationally :)

SilverSiren
08-07-2012, 04:23 AM
I have one! I LOVE it! Yes, there is the issue of spacing, but its not that bad. They are also MASSIVE fins. Also, when you cut it for a more flukeish shape, you don't have to cut it too much since it already possesses a fluke like shape.

Lyna
08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
do and of you who own one have pictures of yours that we can see>?

SilverSiren
08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
do and of you who own one have pictures of yours that we can see>?

You can see pictures of them on the internet... orrrrr... do you mean like, a picture that shows them how big they are in real life? Like, on a person?

Lyna
08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
i meant in a tail.

SilverSiren
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
i meant in a tail.

Oh, ok, sorry. I'll see what I can do :)