PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Mia
07-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi, I'm Katraen. I've liked merfolk since I was a little kid, though more recently I've been more and more enamored with merfolk starting in high school. I made my own tails out of swimsuit fabric (one red with tulle that's pretty much falling apart, and one plain silver one) and my main interest is making tops for people like me who fall under the distinction of being larger or self-conscious enough not to want to wear the traditional sea-shell top but who want something more creative than most tankinis offer.

Taylor is a Mermaid
07-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Ooo Katraen, what kind of tops do you make? And do you have any pics of them or of your tails? I fall into that category, and I don't know what kind of top to use with my tail. Do you sell them?

Mia
07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
I've just started working on some, and I haven't got any finished (the material is swimsuit material, and I'm currently unemployed. Come Fall I will fall under the category of broke college student and be able to work more). I have to go on a 2-week break from sewing, but I'd be completely happy to start designing something for you if you want something. Any ideas of what kind of top you want?

Taylor is a Mermaid
07-16-2011, 11:54 PM
I have no clue, lol. I would need it in time for the WMAs though, which I know is pretty short notice. I'm not sure if that would work with your schedule, but let me know.

Mia
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm messaging you privately... let's see what we can work out.

Mia
07-18-2011, 02:04 PM
And on a relatively unrelated note, I won't post pictures of my first tail because it's falling apart. I'll put my silver tail as my profile picture when I'm totally done re-working it and making it look up to my standards for good enough.

AniaR
07-18-2011, 04:09 PM
welcome to the group nice to meet you

Winged Mermaid
07-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome! I hope you'll post pictures of your tops in the tops/clothing section as they come along- there's a lot of demand for something mermaidy that covers more of the abdomen without looking odd or plain.

Mia
07-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I could post designs. I don't care if other people try to make them... I just want there to be other options.