PDA

View Full Version : Finis Monofins, which to choose?!

Ally
01-03-2012, 08:00 PM
There are several different types of monofins finish offers. I have a few questions about them.
1. What is the difference between the Whale Tail, the Rapid and the Wave?
2. Do the sizes run small? I have a half shoes size :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mermaid Lorelei
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I have the largest size in a Rapid monofin, I believe, and it just perfectly fits my size 8-9 feet. I don't know about any other styles of their fins.

Mermaid Photine
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
The mermaid/shark tails are made for children (and those with small feet). I am a US size 7 or 7 1/2 and I own the finis Wave. It also fits my mother's size 5 feet when I properly adjust the heel strap. The heel strap disintegrated a while ago, so I just press my feet outwards to the sides of the footpocket and it works fine. The monofin also fits my friend's 7 1/2 or 8 ish feet. I guess 8 is the in-between line, probably affected by how wide your feet are (mine are a bit odd shaped from wearing ice skates for the majority of my young childhood). Hopefully this information is helpful to you. Good luck with your (possible) purchase!

Mermaid Jewel
01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi! I own the Finis Wave and I'm a 7.5/8 size. It's a little tight (I can't put it all the way in unless I'm in the water) so I suggest if you have 8 or larger to go with Rapid.

Gem Stone
01-30-2012, 02:38 AM
I also have 7-8 ish feet and would like to know a good monofin to buy when on a budget...

Lotus
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Gem I would go with a rapid or wave, or you could go with a foil. All these are made by Finis and sometimes you can find them dirt cheap on amazon or ebay. hope that helps.

Rangerbrook
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I have owned all three.
The Whale tail is for little kids. My daughter and her friend had a pair that we turned into swimabl fins for them. Once they both started waring a womans size 5, the fins were to small and rubbing blisters.
They upgraded to the Fins Wave. They both ware a size 6 in woman's shoes and the fins are maybe one size to big. So they ware neoprene socks and they fit like a glove. I ware 8 1/2 wide and I can't get my toes in the fin at all.
I got the Rapid for me and it fits like a glove. I think someone with a size 9 narrow feet would be snug.
I think for anything larger than a 9, you would want to get the Fin's Competitor.

Hope that helps!

Odette
03-07-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.finisinc.com/equipment/technical-products/monofins.html
click on each photo to see the specifics of each monofin.
some are for beginners, some for a better workout, some for speed alone.
read each one and decide whats best for you.