PDA

View Full Version : New monofin for pre-made tail...?

MermaidKinsie
09-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Okay, so I'm a bit new to this mermaiding thing...but I did do some research on tails, and decided on a Fin Fun tail. I believe those also come with monofins but I've also read that the Fin Fun monofins are not great quality.

I'm looking for a monofin that will:

Improve or aide in my dolphin kick form
has decent propulsion
be good for ocean & pool swimming
is relatively cheap but well-made
will fit in a Fin Fun tail
will fit a women's size 11 foot

I did look into the Finis foil but I'm not sure it will fit my tail. Actually, I was wondering if anyone knows what would fit in a Fin Fun tail? And now I see people talking about closed and semi-closed tails and I'm completely lost with monofins. :$

Mermaid Jaffa
09-14-2015, 12:36 AM
A Rapid but you will have to cut it in a fin shape.

I'm currently using a Mirage Rubber Mermaid Fin but that size only goes up to size 8, if you have very very skinny feet. This fin will fit both Fin Fun and Magictail. I'm hoping they will make adult sizes but as it is, they are still new in the market.

Mer-Crazy
09-14-2015, 03:04 AM
I so hope they make the mirage rubber fin in adult! I love the look of it.

Also thanks for the advice Jaffa! I was really curious about this one myself.

MermaidKinsie
09-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the help you two! In the end, I decided to buy a custom pre-cut Finis Rapid from MermaidDreams (http://mermaidreams.com/shop/monofin-accessories/mermaid-tail-monofin/). It was actually cheaper than buying straight from Finis and cutting it myself; I'm impressed!!

margebaldwin19
09-16-2015, 06:28 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/16/a9f9812d920838edf13f0a83a5501893.jpg

Here are my two tails from fin fun! they're both amazing, the Orange one ive had for only about two weeks, and the blue/green one for a year. the older one, has absolutely no damage after a year and that's why I love fin fun. you can buy the tails with or without monofins, the colors are amazing (the Orange is so pretty in person) and they're fairly cheap. my new one was about $160 (with the clam shell top)
the only issue is I have two friends with about a size 10 feet, and they both can't fit into my tail. (I have about size 8 feet) it's the largest monofin, the monofin pro, meant for like 100 pounds and over, but they can't fit into it. then again, I haven't let them force it, because I'm very gentle with my tails. I'm sure if you really pushed your feet in they would fit, and after a few times it would stretch out the material. I hope you find a good tail! good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk