PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

AniaR
09-27-2015, 11:25 PM
I dont follow mertailor, but occasionally when someone on my friend's list comments on something it comes up in my feed. This was posted earlier this month, but I dont think anyone bought it up here.

PearlieMae
09-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Wow, he can be so reactionary. A couple of comments on fixing problems with Mertailor tails, and suddenly he's all over fixing his own mistakes...for a fee, of course. Good luck getting something fixed!

As for that weird monofin...that just looks terrible.

Merenneito Nerissa
09-28-2015, 01:22 AM
With this weird monofin... I'm really confused now, she already is selling the tail. Actually in here in Classifieds, first she thought that the tail is not good for anyone, but now is selling it because mono might be good for underwater swimming, but still there seems to be a problem with it and her friend talking of it for her. Don't understand.

I absolutely hate that part there... " don't take it to anyone else cause after that we no longer can assist you ". That's just so awful, if you take your tail somewhere else and it doesn't work out there neither will we help you anymore cause we are childish and have some grudge then....

Starfrit
09-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Part of me is wondering if this is somehow connected to Matt/MerrowFins "Urgent Care Clinic" side-business for tails, where Matt posted a picture of all of the Mertailor tails he was repairing recently. Eric's post about this repair thing was posted... What, two weeks after Matt posted that picture? Seems kinda convenient.

I've known costume makers to put warranties on their products that are voided if they're repaired by third parties, but IDK how that works with something like a silicone tail, where sending it back to the maker to get repaired can be a lot more difficult (re: shipping prices, possible customs fees if it's outside the country, etc.,). I wonder if Eric's policy on this third-party repairs thing also includes the client themselves patching up holes and tears with their own silicone, or something?

I assume he has this written up in whatever TOS he gets his clients to look at before ordering from him? If it's new, is he placing this rule just on his newer clients, or does this now apply to older clients who may not have previously agreed to this condition when they ordered?

I have so many questions. D:

Merenneito Nerissa
09-28-2015, 09:58 AM
" I wonder if Eric's policy on this third-party repairs thing also includes the client themselves patching up holes and tears with their own silicone, or something? "

Yes it does, he told me this when I send him a message of me trying to repair my tail by myself. I should just ship it back to him or otherwise he'll no longer assist me.

PearlieMae
09-28-2015, 10:03 AM
That's a whole lot of questions I'm sure won't get any straight answers. Personally, I think if you're having that many problems with a tail from a particular tailmaker with a bad reputation, seeking repairs from someone else might be a better solution.

Merman Arion
09-28-2015, 10:32 AM
That's a whole lot of questions I'm sure won't get any straight answers. Personally, I think if you're having that many problems with a tail from a particular tailmaker with a bad reputation, seeking repairs from someone else might be a better solution.

I agree with Pearlie here. If the tailmaker does a shit job on the tail, don't expect him to be better in repairing it. Just saying.

Starfrit
09-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Yeah, definitely with you guys on this one. If I bought a tail from someone and ended up having a lot of problems with it because of the way they made it, I don't think I'd feel super comfortable with sending it back to them to fix it.

Especially if that tailmaker happens to be Eric, the guy who in the past has come up with a thousand excuses for why the shoddy mistakes he makes on his tails are the client's fault and not his responsibility in the first place.

lulubelle
09-28-2015, 03:58 PM
I am baffled that people still buy anything from him. It's a huge purchase. I research the crap out of anything I buy that costs more than $30, but I've got a huge family and resources are tight...if I'm going to spend a lot of money I need to know it will be well spent. A simple google search brings up reviews.

Starfrit
09-28-2015, 05:32 PM
I am baffled that people still buy anything from him. It's a huge purchase. I research the crap out of anything I buy that costs more than $30, but I've got a huge family and resources are tight...if I'm going to spend a lot of money I need to know it will be well spent. A simple google search brings up reviews.

Brand loyalty and teenage fanbases are crazy things.

AniaR
09-28-2015, 06:40 PM
but now is selling it because mono might be good for underwater swimming, but still there seems to be a problem with it and her friend talking of it for her. Don't understand.

Every mer I know with his new home made monofins say they suck for swimming.

absolutely hate that part there... " don't take it to anyone else cause after that we no longer can assist you ".

I think the pressure is on because his EX is now fixing his tails, and mernation fixes his tails too.

I dont think eric has a warranty?

Mermaid Mystery
09-28-2015, 07:21 PM
really? I love his monofins, but I've never swam in anything other than that and a magictail so I have nothing to compare it to. It sinks like a rock too.

The repair thing is ridiculous. Great that he's offering to fix tails but he shouldn't be putting out crap tails in the first place. And the whole "we won't serve you if someone else helps you" thing is stupid. I can't find my tail care sheet but I'm pretty sure there's no warranty

Mer-Crazy
09-28-2015, 07:25 PM
really? I love his monofins, but I've never swam in anything other than that and a magictail so I have nothing to compare it to. It sinks like a rock too.
Do you have the one where it's a separate tail skin and full silicone fluke though (if not my apologies that's just what it looks like on your profile pic)? Because that's different to the new (insert whatever material it is here) monofin they're talking about that's put in the full silicone tails.

Merman Arion
09-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Do you have the one where it's a separate tail skin and full silicone fluke though (if not my apologies that's just what it looks like on your profile pic)? Because that's different to the new (insert whatever material it is here) monofin they're talking about that's put in the full silicone tails.

Well, there is this..

So obviously it's something that Eric made himself. I think I remember somebody saying that he was using Bi-Fins but I forgot where exactly. I don't know anymore if it's something I read a while ago on Facebook or on MerNetwork :thinks:

Starfrit
09-28-2015, 07:59 PM

http://i.imgur.com/k4eB2iA.gif?noredirect

How long has Eric been in this business now? And how does he still not know how to conceal a freaking monofin?

Does anyone else remember when that one client cut open their fluke and found that the monofin had, like, massive holes drilled through it?? I'm not 100% certain but I think I can make out where the holes are on this monofin.

No wonder Matt doesn't recommend Eric's monofins.

::EDIT:: Going through the MerrowFins FB page, from what I'm reading this is an older Mertailor tail that they're repainting?? I wonder how old it is, it might explain why the fin is so obvious.

Merman Arion
09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
::EDIT:: Going through the MerrowFins FB page, from what I'm reading this is an older Mertailor tail that they're repainting?? I wonder how old it is, it might explain why the fin is so obvious.

It's THAT old.

Mermaid Jaffa
09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Is there speed and propulsion from that kind of monofin?

Ashe
09-28-2015, 08:39 PM
It looks like there would be none at all. It would make sense in that case, as Mertailor's tails are very showy and flashy... From what I've collected, the propulsion isn't amazing.

Madison MerFaerie
09-28-2015, 09:51 PM
That JT meme just killed me, Tieri. Bravo.

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.

Mermaid Cecelia
09-28-2015, 09:59 PM

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.

Omg this. I'm dying xP

AniaR
09-28-2015, 10:25 PM

Omg lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Alea
09-28-2015, 10:28 PM

This is great because you are so right. It is a big purchase and a dream purchase for many mers and because of this it is important to research multiple tail makers even if at first you are set on a tail from one maker, it helps to check because there is more to it then looking at the photos on their page and deciding they are the one. One has to consider safety factors and if the tail propulsion has been complained about that is serious because it could be a safety hazard. You don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a silicone tail that is only good for dry events.

I agree that sending a tail back to the person who created it wrong in the first place might not be the best idea.

SeaGlass Siren
09-28-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm confused. Why offer to fix tails now when he's never wanted to fix them before? :/ um....

AniaR
09-28-2015, 10:38 PM
he always does this, someone offers something, he says he's going to offer it, but doesnt lol

Mermaid Mystery
09-28-2015, 11:16 PM

ohhhh didn't quite catch that lol. sorry, but now that I understand that then yeah Raina is right

Nyx
09-28-2015, 11:46 PM

Ohhhh my god yeeesss.
Hahahahaa

Merenneito Nerissa
09-29-2015, 04:19 AM

Omg, lolled so hard XD

But yup, I think what attracts people when it comes to Mertailor are little bit cheaper prices cause he offers some mid-range-priced products and shorter waiting times, at least those were what I was most interested in. I knew I take a risk when ordering from him, but I had a nice experience with my first tail so when it was possible to order one with a similar look as in full silicone one but with price of a basic, I just couldn't resist. I was prepared for the lower quality and materials wearing of f.ex. during the next half of a year(wanted to make some gigs to gather money for a full silicone one, so this was suppose to be a temporary tail on a way to my dream one), but with the color coming of allover and sticking I wasn't prepared. And then the fact he didn't take any responsibility of anything just, well, I got my own Mertailor experience then. So 50/50 change to get a good product isn't worth it. Had my lesson with that and from now on I can maybe educate even some people to realize how big that risk of getting a bad product really is.

Starfrit
09-29-2015, 05:10 AM

#bestburnof2015

I'm confused. Why offer to fix tails now when he's never wanted to fix them before? :/ um....

Easy: Because he's realized that MerrowFins and MerNation are making bank fixing up all of his screwups, and he doesn't approve and/or wants in on that cash.

Merman Arion
09-29-2015, 05:10 AM

Did somebody say "boomerang" ?? ;)

I found the perfect gif.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/9ttUnESoenV6/200.gif

Sammi Ray
09-29-2015, 06:59 AM
Haha. That was awesome.

His tails should go out in better shape. I would never buy one from him on the chances it came to me with a lot of defects/not the right size and then blaming it on me, to be honest...would he even do a good job of fixing them? :confused:

Starfrit
09-29-2015, 08:04 AM
Haha. That was awesome.

His tails should go out in better shape. I would never buy one from him on the chances it came to me with a lot of defects/not the right size and then blaming it on me, to be honest...would he even do a good job of fixing them? :confused:

^My concerns, exactly. It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly... I'm glad I had the sense to join here first before actually spending so much on him— he's capable of making really beautiful tails (I guess?? All the ones I've liked the most were mostly Matt's work, tbh), but it's such a high risk of getting a rushed and half-assed tail from him. It's a huge gamble for that kind of money, and if that's the case then I'd rather put the extra money aside and order from someone like Merbellas or FinFolk, who have a way better track record and customer service.

SeaGlass Siren
09-29-2015, 08:14 AM
^ which was exactly what happened to me. Thankfully this forum exists otherwise I wouldn't have known about the shoddy work. Just do a better job on your tails and people wouldn't have to fix them :/

Sammi Ray
09-29-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear that ladies :-( its such a gamble with that kinda of money. Especially with his no refunds. I also was going to buy from him until i saw the reviews here and i have gone for someone else. I think he needs to take responsibility and fix things for free if hes sent them out like it.

😄 Sammi Ray 😄

Madison MerFaerie
09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly...

Ditto Tieri and SeaGlass. He was the first tail maker I ever knew about, and all my wildest little mermaid dreams included one of his tails. I was very attracted to the idea of buying a mid-range tail and then working my way up to full silicone. Then I found the forum and our handy dandy list of tailmakers!

Merenneito Nerissa
09-29-2015, 03:18 PM
But for his defense I have to say he isn't all bad, if my tail wouldn't leave color everywhere, I would be absolutely happy to my purchase. Paint job is lovely and the tail is functional in other ways, the issue I have just happens to be so there every time I use my tail cause I have to be so careful it doesn't touch any surfaces for too long and so on. He is a good tailmaker when he concentrates to making a good products. Of course that's not an excuse for anything, I think it actually might make things even worse: makes it clear he doesn't think everyone are on the same line.

Vrindavana Starfish
09-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Ditto Tieri and SeaGlass. He was the first tail maker I ever knew about, and all my wildest little mermaid dreams included one of his tails. I was very attracted to the idea of buying a mid-range tail and then working my way up to full silicone. Then I found the forum and our handy dandy list of tailmakers!

Yes to this. Mertailer was the first tail maker I ever heard of, and I would have been convinced that one of his tails was what I wanted were it not for this forum. Now I see there are SO MANY talented and committed tail-makers to choose from, that when I am finally able to commit to a full silicone tail, it's going to be a tough decision between them all. And even before that, with all the beautiful fabric and hybrid tails people are offering, there are so many more options before I even get to full silicone. No reason to buy from a shady seller with inconsistent quality.

Mermaid Wesley
09-29-2015, 05:35 PM
he always does this, someone offers something, he says he's going to offer it, but doesnt lol
ive noticed this too and my first thought when i saw this thread was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw

Mermaid Mystery
09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
OH MY GOD

Ashe
09-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Thank you so much Wesley

Starfrit
09-29-2015, 06:18 PM
BLESS YOUR FABULOUS FACE WESLEY OMFG

Lily
09-29-2015, 06:23 PM
^My concerns, exactly. It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly... I'm glad I had the sense to join here first before actually spending so much on him— he's capable of making really beautiful tails (I guess?? All the ones I've liked the most were mostly Matt's work, tbh), but it's such a high risk of getting a rushed and half-assed tail from him. It's a huge gamble for that kind of money, and if that's the case then I'd rather put the extra money aside and order from someone like Merbellas or FinFolk, who have a way better track record and customer service.

That's exactly what happened to me, too! His tails were the first I came across and I was saving up to buy one when I found this forum. Praise Poseidon for Mernetwork, which (1) showed me the truth about the iffy Mertailor quality and (2) gave me the resources I needed to make my own.

VanoraSirene
09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
That blue tail is mine. And I'm selling it because it's the Monofin is the one he's using now. So maybe someone likes it and wants it. I feel like trying to sell it is better than accepting loosing 3200 I spent on it. I'm 18 years old and I don't have that much money laying around. The person that posted that comment on his site is my boyfriends mother. Who is familiar with silicone and working with it because of her job. I feel like there is so many people complaining and judging me for trying to sell my tail. I did everything I could for it. I contacted Eric and he just hid behind his mother and told me he did nothing wrong and he's not going to fix it. So Matt told me he'd sell it for me with a free paint job and a free resize. I'm doing what I can to get some of my money back and get a new tail. I'm sort if it seems stupid to some people on here but unfortunately this is the most I can do. I researched the Monofin. It is safe. It is made for diving. Swimming. Not so much land photos. I would keep the tail if I could. I cannot because it doesn't fit length wise. That is not fixable. So it would fit someone else. If the tail was dangerous or bad I wouldn't be selling it. If you do not believe me. Contact Matt. He is the artist behind 99% of Mertailors things.

AniaR
09-29-2015, 10:17 PM
you're allowed to sell it and some people will buy it for whatever reason they feel like. Don't feel judged or anything. Some people might just want it for photoshoots or tank gigs!

Mermaid Wesley
09-29-2015, 10:18 PM
^seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merenneito Nerissa
09-30-2015, 04:07 AM
I'm not judging, only confused(didn't find a better word). I was feeling so bad for you when you made that thread of the tail and monofin being not what you wanted and you said yourself that nobody should have it. Then it just seemed that suddenly it was okay. As I said on your selling-thread, I think you should add there the info that monofin is different than in the previous Mertailor tails, cause f.ex. I was quite enthusiastic when I saw the tail being for sale on Merrowfins' page and considered to buying it. After I realized that it was this tail with the different monofin I felt a bit bad, it saids nothing of the mono being different than previous tails, and I actually like that fluke a lot and have tried Riiarin's tail and I loved the propulsion, so I'd have felt very disappointed if I'd have received so different mono.

But this is just me, you could maybe try to add the tail on eBay, it seems that full silicone tails sell there quite well.

One who _should_ feel judged on this one is The Mertailor himself, it's quite bad business (amongst everything else) to change the monofins without telling current customers anything. (not to mention making tail in wrong size)

Coradion
09-30-2015, 04:58 AM
It looks like there would be none at all. It would make sense in that case, as Mertailor's tails are very showy and flashy... From what I've collected, the propulsion isn't amazing.

It's similar to any fin with that much drag. I've gotten to look overa bunch of mertailor tails and even some gutted and frankensteined ones. What he doesn't always highlight is that he cuts down the monofin a lot and he also drills holes in the center and like zip ties the pieces together? It's really weird and they monofins tend to crack in the center from the added weight and the compromised fiberglass bladed.

Merenneito Nerissa
09-30-2015, 05:17 AM
It's similar to any fin with that much drag. I've gotten to look overa bunch of mertailor tails and even some gutted and frankensteined ones. What he doesn't always highlight is that he cuts down the monofin a lot and he also drills holes in the center and like zip ties the pieces together? It's really weird and they monofins tend to crack in the center from the added weight and the compromised fiberglass bladed.

This is true, my mono isn't that great either but it still has so much more propulsion than my partial had. Well of course cause in partial there isn't mono at all... But actually that splash fluke had nice propulsion when I tried Riiarin's tail. Too bad that one has snapped apart too... :/

VanoraSirene
09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm okay with it now because I did my research on it. And I now understand why this one is in it. The old monofins used to puncture through the silicone. The new tail I'm trying to buy I'm pretty sure has the same monofin in it. I'm just trying to get a new one because my tail doesn't dif height wise which is basically unfixable.

introverting
10-02-2015, 07:38 PM

OMFG IM CRYING

Mermaid Riia
10-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Well, there is this..

So obviously it's something that Eric made himself. I think I remember somebody saying that he was using Bi-Fins but I forgot where exactly. I don't know anymore if it's something I read a while ago on Facebook or on MerNetwork :thinks:

Look at that mono... it's only made for one thing and that's snapping in half! I mean look at it.. LOOOK!

http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=33283&stc=1

VanoraSirene
10-10-2015, 08:56 PM
I decided to lower my tail price from
$2,000 to $500.

Mermaid Momo
10-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Why are you lowering it so much? especially if it's a practically new tail

VanoraSirene
10-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Because I just wanna get rid of it. I'm kinda giving up the whole mermaid thing.

Calizaire
10-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Because I just wanna get rid of it. I'm kinda giving up the whole mermaid thing.
This breaks my heart! I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be, but I hope you won't allow this set back to affect your dreams.
If being a mermaid isn't a big loss either way, then cool. But if it's important to you; I'd encourage you to keep at it! I'm sure you have the support of many. You have mine! :hug:

VanoraSirene
10-10-2015, 09:53 PM
No it's okay. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. So I figured I'll sell my tail and find something else to do.

AniaR
10-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Vanora,

I started with a shitty mertailor experience. An unusuable tail.
Now look at me. Award winning company, multiple merbella tails, been on TV, music videos, plastered in papers, travelled the world, and two published books.

GIRL BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY YOU SHOULDNT GIVE UP BECAUSE YOU GOT A SHITTY MERTAILOR TAIL.

You know Raven got her start after getting a shitty one too? It's almost like a right of initiation for mermaids. Get a shitty mertailor tail, turn your life around, and have a kick ass business.

PearlieMae
10-11-2015, 12:19 AM
But I don't wanna buy a shitty Mertailor tail! :cry:

Echidna
10-11-2015, 12:56 AM
But I don't wanna buy a shitty Mertailor tail! :cry:

:lol:

I only found MN because Raina got a shitty tail from him.
It's one of the first things that comes up when one searches for mermaids :p

And if it wasn't, I might have bought one off him without any idea what I was getting into, and never learned to sew and craft myself what I need.

VanoraSirene
10-11-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm 18 years old. I put aside every paycheck for a year for this tail. I somehow always end up getting the short end of the stick no matter what. I've been through so much in my life that my push factor has been ruined. My step father sexually abused me. When given the choice me or him, my mother chose him. I was bounced from foster home to foster home anywhere from crazy religious people to crazy cocaine dealers. And for the last 4 years of my life getting this tail is what kept me going. Then I finally got it and realized there's nothing I can do to fix it... I'm just over it. I've tried way too hard. And I just don't have anymore time or patience or strength to put in it. Now I'm 18 and I have bills to pay and a car to buy. Thanks everyone for your support but I think the experience I had with my tail was just a sign that I should focus on something else. Not everyone can be s mermaid. 💕

IllynReaver
10-11-2015, 12:32 PM
@Vanora, you don't have to have a silicone tail to be a mermaid. If mermaiding is what's kept you going through hard times don't give up on it. Just take a little break and breathe, work past this setback and concentrate on finances for a little bit. Get a good fabric tail so you'll have something to swim in until you can get money for a dream tail.

Kitson
10-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Vanora~don't give up your mermaid dream :)

Ariel-Starfish
10-11-2015, 02:59 PM

http://i.imgur.com/k4eB2iA.gif?noredirect

How long has Eric been in this business now? And how does he still not know how to conceal a freaking monofin?

Does anyone else remember when that one client cut open their fluke and found that the monofin had, like, massive holes drilled through it?? I'm not 100% certain but I think I can make out where the holes are on this monofin.

No wonder Matt doesn't recommend Eric's monofins.

I remember this! And omg that gif is priceless! Exacly how I feel anytime I see monofins not sealed on a tail. :facepalm:

Vrindavana Starfish
10-12-2015, 05:57 PM
@Vanora, you don't have to have a silicone tail to be a mermaid. If mermaiding is what's kept you going through hard times don't give up on it. Just take a little break and breathe, work past this setback and concentrate on finances for a little bit. Get a good fabric tail so you'll have something to swim in until you can get money for a dream tail.

^^ This. If this is a dream of yours, then don't let this stop you. You might have to dial back on some expenses, but do not give up on your dreams. As someone who also had a shitty life growing up, I can promise you that those feelings of always getting the short end of the stick over and over go away ONLY when you fight through it. If you give up on this now, you'll have the same situation in something else, and you'll feel the same way. You gotta break through it. Keep fighting. If this is what you want to do then find a way to do it.

Mermaid Alea
10-12-2015, 11:53 PM

x2 Fabric tails are great! I love swimming in mine it is really fun! You can even try using regular swim fins in the fabric tail if you don't want to spend money on a monofin at the moment. I think a lot of mers on here have had a bad past, and mermaiding helps them feel free and happy and forget their troubles. You can have plenty of fun swimming in a fabric tail until one day you can once again buy a silicone tail.

Merenneito Nerissa
10-13-2015, 03:25 AM
^^ This. If this is a dream of yours, then don't let this stop you. You might have to dial back on some expenses, but do not give up on your dreams. As someone who also had a shitty life growing up, I can promise you that those feelings of always getting the short end of the stick over and over go away ONLY when you fight through it. If you give up on this now, you'll have the same situation in something else, and you'll feel the same way. You gotta break through it. Keep fighting. If this is what you want to do then find a way to do it.

:clap:

SeaGlass Siren
10-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Vanora if it makes you feel any better I didn't get my silicone tail until Recently.
im seconding everyone here who says you can still be a mer! You don't have to have a silicone tail to swim. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a public pool bitch.

Lotus the Mermaid
10-13-2015, 10:15 AM

Omg, this. This is a huge dose of truth that everyone needs to hear in hard times. <3

Imogen Finnly
10-14-2015, 01:06 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/14/7014ba3c391c0718e31efbbde12ae3c1.jpg
Couldn't find the right thread for this, but he isn't happy. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Saelyyia
10-14-2015, 01:23 PM
I saw that yesterday. He is being very petty. Anyone who has to go around saying "I am such a nice and generous guy" the way he did there is clearly compensating and trying just a bit too hard. He does not exclusively own the right to make tails and he needs to grow up and realise that. It just made me even more proud to support Mat and know that someone is there to fix the screw ups Eric is turning out like it is Christmas.

Vrindavana Starfish
10-14-2015, 01:23 PM
When will all these "nice guys" realize that saying "I'm such a NICE GUY" is a huge red flag, and the term "nice guy" doesn't mean a kind, giving person. "Nice guy" actually means "massive narcissistic jerk" to everyone else on the planet who isn't a "nice guy." "I'm a nice guy" = you should actually stay far, far away from me.

Saelyyia
10-14-2015, 01:35 PM
When will all these "nice guys" realize that saying "I'm such a NICE GUY" is a huge red flag, and the term "nice guy" doesn't mean a kind, giving person. "Nice guy" actually means "massive narcissistic jerk" to everyone else on the planet who isn't a "nice guy." "I'm a nice guy" = you should actually stay far, far away from me.

Exactly! I don't think you could of said that better Vrindavana. How much more of a nasty does he need to be publicly before he loses enough for his eyes to be opened. He has already isolated a large segment of this community. But then again some people never do learn...

Lotus the Mermaid
10-14-2015, 02:15 PM
I think MT's entire post (and perhaps the company as a whole) could be accurately summed up by the hashtag
"#feelingamazingaboutmyself." :1

Saelyyia
10-14-2015, 02:23 PM
:lol: Hahahaha yeah. Its fueled by pure hot air leaking from his highly over inflated ego.

Starfrit
10-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Lol @Eric and this #humblebrag nonsense. You're such a great and caring guy, why are you refusing to uphold your end of an agreement you made with your draw prize from MerFest?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7fe86ce30a2d9fca9f56b60735dc45a3/tumblr_mo5s4mS6Bf1qb9jcko1_250.gif
(I'm getting so much use out of this .gif lately, it's weird)

You know, it's funny. The last time I heard somebody say "I've been doing a lot of thinking and only just now realized what an amazing, caring, nice guy I am" was... my ex. A manipulative, slimy, toxic jerk who would threaten me with things like rape, torture and mutilation if I didn't do what he wanted and wouldn't let me leave my own house to spend time with friends without blowing up my phone with fake suicide threats. I side-eye the shit out of "Nice Guys" like you, Eric.

Lotus the Mermaid
10-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Maybe someone should make a MT Support thread for all of this. Lol

I think there is a real need for one, honestly.

Merman Arion
10-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Reading the whole post, I was like :

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1-www.afterellen.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F09% 2Finlovewithherself.gif&key=ERvMVwjgfZPAsRaDclZjAg&w=800&h=238

SeaGlass Siren
10-14-2015, 03:42 PM
^ the sass is strong with this one.

Starfrit
10-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Arion, you always have the best/sassiest gifs. <3

Vrindavana Starfish
10-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Emily Gilmore is a Sass Ninja.

PearlieMae
10-14-2015, 04:14 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/14/7014ba3c391c0718e31efbbde12ae3c1.jpg
Couldn't find the right thread for this, but he isn't happy. Haha

http://replygif.net/i/718.gif

AniaR
10-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Don't start a story with "it has come to my attention what a nice and giving guy I am" lol

I'll be honest, I think all tail makers do get taken advantage of. Even Eric. There will always be people who scam tail makers and try and take advantage of them.

One of the people he's talking about is Raven. Who yup he showed her how to make tails, and then scammed the crap out her, and shouldnt of been surprised when she went on to make much better tails developing her own methods. I mean, it all started when he refused to fix or replace my tail. So she did it for me. And having owned the first merbellas tail and a mertailor tail from the same time, they couldn't be more different. He is LUCKY that she took the knowledge she used from him and developed her own stuff and opposed to outright copying him. She could of. She didn't.

As for Matty, but the time they started dating Eric should of known better. That's why you have people you employ sign non competes and non disclosures. Again this was a case of, this person probably wouldn't have gone on to rival you had you treated them with BASIC respect. From what I heard the breakup was messy and some not so nice things were done to Matty. So ya know, I just don't blame the guy. Now, I DO think he needs to recreate himself. Whether he is remaking old stuff he did for mertailor or not, it's time to branch out and be something totally different from mertailor.

Eric drives people to do these things. Yes, people should be accountable. But he is so disrespectful in the past to friends, and employees, and clients. Clients wouldnt need to run to Matty to fix their tails if Eric did his job. Raven wouldn't have even started a tail making business had he not screwed us both over by giving us both shitty tails. Most people know my story but if you look back through the archives for Raven's story? It's insane. She was given a tail with puffy paint on it and bird poop. BIRD POOP. She ordered a lionfish tail. That's what he gave her. She'd been a loyal customer. It's hilarious when you see how amazing her own personal lionfish tail is that she recently made.

I don't think Eric realizes that him pissing people off is literally was has created his competition. Most tail makers I know got their start trying to do better than mertailor, or specifically because they had a bad mertailor experience. If you create a top of the line product and give actual customer services; you don't have to worry about other people trying to rival you. Your work stands on it's own. Aside from being annoyed at copycats do you think Finfolk and Merbellas cry over competition? lol. Nope. Too damn busy innovating!

With the what sets him apart is he doesnt act out of spite? Well I have about 3 years word of harassment and lies from the guy in a folder thanks to his reaction to my review. Which, I have him plenty of time, options, and chances to give me the tail I paid for. It's not like I didn't make a huge effort. So honestly, we see so much spite from him on his posts. Even this post is spiteful!

I wont deny Eric has a passion. I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to make money. But let's be honest, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Eric's post often reflect that he believes in Karma for other people, does he not realize it effects him as well???

Mermaid Wesley
10-14-2015, 07:55 PM
That's isn't something to post on a business Facebook page. It's unprofessional.

That being said, as a rhetorician in training, his argument seems to be "they tricked me into being nice"

Not to mention mertailor learned most of his tailmaking methods from other members of the community, possibly smoothon, and from other fx artists.

He isn't professionally trained in this stuff and he didn't develop groundbreaking new tailmaking methods.

Merrowtails didnt STEAL anything. Except maybe some customers. But that sure as hell isnt a result of Eric "being nice"

Eric if you read this: you absolutely have the ability to change your image in the mermaid community, but doing shit like this isn't going to do it. You've dug yourself a nice little hole but for some reason you think that digging deeper will fix it?? Idk bro. Work on your people skills if you want to be a public figure. This is a hot mess. .... Christ.... Who thinks shit like this is a good idea?

Mermaid Wesley
10-14-2015, 08:01 PM
I swear I could write a book on this. This can be the description on the back of the book lol

Mermaid Alea
10-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Oh goodness. :doh:

Okay well going off of what Wesley said to Eric if he reads this:
1. Quality over quantity - Remember each individual tail is a piece of art. It should be treated with care, attention, etc. Make each tail as if it were for you as in make it something YOU would be proud to wear OR make every tail so good that it could be used on your site to promote your tails (without Photoshop magic). Every tail should be put together with care. Don't rush too much.

2. Friendly & Understanding Customer service - I am not sure if you have hired anyone for customer service, but you need to improve on this area. Lots of people are complaining about this. I understand that working with people on a design can get frustrating. I just finished a logo for someone and I had to change it and make slight edits to it tons of times before they were 100% happy with it. I told them one of their ideas would make the logo look too busy, but they insisted I did it anyways. I finally finished making the edit they wanted to see and then they agreed that it did make it too busy looking. So yes, working with people can be frustrating but you have to stay calm and be patient. Walk outside and feed your koi or smell some flowers (sweet tea olive flowers are one of the best to smell) and then calmly reply to customers. Put yourself in your customer's shoes. Many of them have spent years saving up for a tail and have dreamed about it a looong time. If you were in the same situation, you would want to be treated right too.

Merman Arion
10-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Dear Eric,

I found your violon. It was hidden under the pile of bullshit you wrote.

Also, this is how I feel about your products :

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55a51238e4b0c900390bbac0/55bb8914e4b088d8cae0ae40/55bb8cd8e4b088d8cae11a22/1438354648082/I54Zv3v.gif

Mermaid Wesley
10-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Pffff

PearlieMae
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Haha!

AniaR
10-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Lol. Sorry for all the typos in my post.

People. Eric has been told this stuff for years he doesn't listen. Thom Shouse will tell you stories and so will fox moon...

Vrindavana Starfish
10-15-2015, 12:25 AM
I swear I could write a book on this. This can be the description on the back of the book lol

I will help you write it!

Dear Eric,

I found your violon. It was hidden under the pile of bullshit you wrote.

Also, this is how I feel about your products :

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55a51238e4b0c900390bbac0/55bb8914e4b088d8cae0ae40/55bb8cd8e4b088d8cae11a22/1438354648082/I54Zv3v.gif
bwahahahaha!

PearlieMae
10-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Stares at huge pile of identical "...unique and one of a kind..." bathing trunks... :thinks:

Merman Arion
10-15-2015, 07:14 AM
You know, for someone bragging about how confident he feels about himself and his products, that's a lot of logos in one single speedo...

PearlieMae
10-15-2015, 07:26 AM
I know, right?

Hard to believe that he has no problem tagging Speedo in his post.

Mer-Crazy
10-15-2015, 07:46 AM
#budgiesmugglers because Straya' mate

Merman Arion
10-15-2015, 07:53 AM

I have no idea of what you just said [emoji15]

Mermaid Wesley
10-15-2015, 07:54 AM
I don't either. You Australian slang-ers!

Luna Dreamtide
10-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Budgie-smuggler = men's speedos
Because tight speedos may resemble that...

Ilyena
10-15-2015, 08:51 AM
"because Straya' mate" = because it is Australia my friend/s

SeaGlass Siren
10-15-2015, 11:11 AM
...^OH........ I GET IT NOW LOL

Fifi Tigg
10-15-2015, 11:26 AM
:lol:

Talia
10-15-2015, 11:37 AM
I think many people believe "one of a kind" is a very colorful name for "innovative", "brand new", "exciting", "awesome" and so forth.

No. It means ONE. OF A KIND. Just one. You make one and you never make another one like it. Ever. Not even for all the gold in the world. If you make more than one, it stops being "one of a kind".

And I don't call selling the same design over and over "one of a kind", even if you make the item in question with your hands, and naturally, there will not be 2 exactly alike. I call that "hand made", not "one of a kind".

Merman Arion
10-15-2015, 11:46 AM
I think many people believe "one of a kind" is a very colorful name for "innovative", "brand new", "exciting", "awesome" and so forth.

No. It means ONE. OF A KIND. Just one. You make one and you never make another one like it. Ever. Not even for all the gold in the world. If you make more than one, it stops being "one of a kind".

And I don't call selling the same design over and over "one of a kind", even if you make the item in question with your hands, and naturally, there will not be 2 exactly alike. I call that "hand made", not "one of a kind".

^ what she said. Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Talia
10-15-2015, 12:37 PM
:$

AniaR
10-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Agreeeeeeeee

Imogen Finnly
10-16-2015, 11:50 AM
I want to say he may have pulled this post? He is going to run himself out of business at some point. A slow and painful one it seems. He has angered more people than pleased in my opinion.

Imogen Finnly
10-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Also, a post of his popped up on my feed, and I got to thinking... doesn't anyone else feel sorry for the people who are so super dedicated to him? Like they could be potential horror stories and not even know.

AniaR
10-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Eric will often "hide posts" from his timeline but not delete them. He's always going to have his fanbase.

Imogen Finnly
10-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Usually the people that will never buy a tail...

VanoraSirene
10-22-2015, 04:55 PM
I thought I was the only one that felt that. I actually feel horrible for the people that oggle over him. Most of his work is half assed unless he gets ALOT of money or publicity. Also the majority of his photos are photoshopped.

MermaidAine
10-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Also, a post of his popped up on my feed, and I got to thinking... doesn't anyone else feel sorry for the people who are so super dedicated to him? Like they could be potential horror stories and not even know.

Yes, I always worry when I see someone pop up that is so excited to get one of his tails. I think to myself that they obviously have not been on MerNetwork to see what people really think of his work, or to see pictures of what people end up with. I want to run and warn them all!

AniaR
10-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Honestly, even the celeb clients have crappy tails. Look at the behind the scenes photos of project mermaids to see how shitty the tails are holding up. Lady Gaga even had to alter her tail when she rented from him.

I personally think Matty made sure the stuff showing up on TV looked great. According to his video he churned some real winners out in 3 days or less sometimes.

Imogen Finnly
10-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Wow! Even lady Gaga got a stinker? That surprises me a lot. And makes me sigh cause if even lady Gaga has issues with one of his tails, the rest of us are basically doomed

Mermaid Momo
10-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I also really wonder why he tagged a bunch of speedos as gay man and gay.... Like only gay men wear speedos or merman related stuff

PhaylennMurch
10-23-2015, 10:21 PM
I also really wonder why he tagged a bunch of speedos as gay man and gay.... Like only gay men wear speedos or merman related stuff

To get more people to see. From what I understand (not having an Instagram acct myself) you can put in parameters and when something gets hashtagged with *insert something* it shows up on your feed.

Mermaid Jaffa
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Budgie-smuggler = men's speedos
Because tight speedos may resemble that...

No no no. All wrong.

Back in the day, before airport security was introduced, people hid little feathered birdies in their crotches, to sell overseas...

Hence, the term, Budgie Smuggler.

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:44 AM
Пучи (http://audiobookkeeper.ru/book/974)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:46 AM
254.4 (http://cottagenet.ru/plan/974)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:47 AM
CHAP (http://eyesvision.ru/use-your-own-eyes-chapter-5)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:48 AM
CHAP (http://eyesvisions.com)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:49 AM
Rube (http://factoringfee.ru/t/1201345)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:50 AM
Bits (http://filmzones.ru/t/1025290)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:51 AM
Парв (http://gadwall.ru/t/1009962)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:53 AM
mail (http://gaffertape.ru/t/1102338)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:54 AM
Воро (http://gageboard.ru/t/1095726)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:55 AM
Pari (http://gagrule.ru/t/1024193)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:56 AM
сорт (http://gallduct.ru/t/1163255)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:57 AM
Mick (http://galvanometric.ru/t/1230100)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 06:58 AM
фото (http://gangforeman.ru/t/1241279)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:00 AM
текс (http://gangwayplatform.ru/t/1532185)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:01 AM
Nobl (http://garbagechute.ru/t/1144492)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:02 AM
Grin (http://gardeningleave.ru/t/1031987)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:03 AM
Кита (http://gascautery.ru/t/1144372)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:04 AM
умст (http://gashbucket.ru/t/941632)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:06 AM
Impe (http://gasreturn.ru/t/1144526)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:07 AM
янва (http://gatedsweep.ru/t/953153)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:08 AM
Hrid (http://gaugemodel.ru/t/1197826)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:09 AM
Тара (http://gaussianfilter.ru/t/1248766)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:10 AM
KG-0 (http://gearpitchdiameter.ru/t/986750)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:11 AM
Гром (http://geartreating.ru/t/1082425)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:13 AM
Davi (http://generalizedanalysis.ru/t/1043211)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:14 AM
Kevi (http://generalprovisions.ru/t/1069913)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:15 AM
Mark (http://geophysicalprobe.ru/t/1039729)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:16 AM
Jeff (http://geriatricnurse.ru/t/1025750)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:17 AM
(Куз (http://getintoaflap.ru/t/1015932)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:18 AM
*ыжо (http://getthebounce.ru/t/833927)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:20 AM
Jewe (http://habeascorpus.ru/t/1088521)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:21 AM
Aliv (http://habituate.ru/t/1092167)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:22 AM
Bild (http://hackedbolt.ru/t/1169609)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:23 AM
Воло (http://hackworker.ru/t/1215091)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:24 AM
Edit (http://hadronicannihilation.ru/t/1102972)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:26 AM
Mark (http://haemagglutinin.ru/t/1096141)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:27 AM
Одай (http://hailsquall.ru/t/943975)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:28 AM
XVII (http://hairysphere.ru/t/1059440)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:29 AM
Груш (http://halforderfringe.ru/t/935183)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Соко (http://halfsiblings.ru/t/946035)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:31 AM
Пили (http://hallofresidence.ru/t/864172)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:33 AM
Kita (http://haltstate.ru/t/921501)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:34 AM
Tesc (http://handcoding.ru/t/1027612)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:35 AM
NX-5 (http://handportedhead.ru/t/1143458)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:36 AM
Thom (http://handradar.ru/t/845492)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:37 AM
псих (http://handsfreetelephone.ru/t/928020)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:38 AM
Spor (http://hangonpart.ru/t/1028352)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:40 AM
быва (http://haphazardwinding.ru/t/816581)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Dolb (http://hardalloyteeth.ru/t/635655)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:42 AM
Form (http://hardasiron.ru/t/637837)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:43 AM
Gert (http://hardenedconcrete.ru/t/946635)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:44 AM
Бога (http://harmonicinteraction.ru/t/930729)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:45 AM
коро (http://hartlaubgoose.ru/t/808972)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:47 AM
Agus (http://hatchholddown.ru/t/899179)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Хаза (http://haveafinetime.ru/t/1351085)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:49 AM
лите (http://hazardousatmosphere.ru/t/950149)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:50 AM
Соде (http://headregulator.ru/t/1385516)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:51 AM
Pete (http://heartofgold.ru/t/1547605)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:52 AM
архи (http://heatageingresistance.ru/t/897399)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Тама (http://heatinggas.ru/t/1215167)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:55 AM
Eleg (http://heavydutymetalcutting.ru/t/1182654)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:56 AM
Haro (http://jacketedwall.ru/t/767740)

xaccer2
04-19-2024, 07:57 AM
Rudy (http://japanesecedar.ru/t/792208)