PDA

View Full Version : Crazy or not? New tail idea

Mermaid Jewel
01-07-2012, 01:19 AM
So I'm finally planning out my new tail in detail and I came up with this kind of crazy design. I've yet to draw it out, but do you think it sounds good or should I change it to something simpler?

I've always wanted a koi tail but I have this aqua blue neoprin that I really don't want to completely paint over. So I was thinking of painting the scale edges white so it's like this really light blue and putting black and purple/indigo koi spots. And, as I mentioned in Kailani's thread, I want to paint semi-large rounded scales (way larger than typical but probably a tad smaller than hers). Would the koi design and the large scales look weird? How about the color scheme? Feedback appreciated!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't know much about tail making, but a koi tail would look incredible, and I believe if you're going to do a project, you might as well go all out with it. I'll definitely look forward to seeing the results, regardless of the methods you choose.

Azurin Luna
01-07-2012, 05:09 AM
I would think it would look very nice, especially since you make look like a magical koi in my opinion... and I'm a big fan of blue, but shhh ;)

Mermaid Jewel
01-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Well there is a koi with light blue scales and orange/gold spots so I may do that

ShyMer
01-07-2012, 01:17 PM
As a thought there are a lot of different pattern varieties and even scale varieties. Some koi have no scales and some have a combination of small and large scales on their sides. Do you have an image that you might like to use for an inspiration for your pattern?

mermaid.dreamer
01-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I love your idea of the light blue and the idigo/black that would be really shocking yet quiet at the same time :) I think the largge scale idea is really neat as well :) I say go for it!

New York Mermaid
01-08-2012, 02:13 AM
No tail is crazy, each tail like all of us are unique in every way. I say you should look up some kois and or other fish, get a good idea on the pattern shapes etc and go for it.

Mermaid Jewel
01-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Yes I actually have a few pictures of koi that I took myself and based an oil pastel painting off of so I'm trying to find it to use as my reference :)

koiboi
01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
obviously im a bit biased in my opinion but i love the idea of a koi design and your color scheme sounds gorgeous and new, i like it when we take from nature and create something new and different. be a blue koi!

Mermaid Jewel
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Quick concept picture for coloring...the coloring looks nice. The paint job...not so much

Mermaid Saphira
02-04-2012, 09:15 PM
That looks wild! Fits your personality perfectly :D