PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay based on the poem Comus (John Milton)

sabrinedemer
10-01-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm working on building a cosplay based on the poem Comus (John Milton).I'm going to be Sabrina (the sea goddess). It needs to be battle ready. I'm an archer for Belegarth Medieval Combat Society and I need to have a durable and comfortable suit. Can anyone give me some suggestions for materials or techniques? Or even design ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ashe
10-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the Mernetwork! I just looked up Sabrina's appearance, but didn't see any armor or something that would be fit for battle. Could you post a few pictures of your inspirations?
If that is the look you are going for, I would suggest making craft foam armor! There are some great tutorials online and done right, it can look great.

sabrinedemer
10-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Craft foam won't hold up through even one battle. There are a lot of big guys trying to beat me with swords. I need padded cloth or leather. I don't have any ideas about a design. What search criteria did you use? I can't find anything.

Ashe
10-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Ah, then is this an LARP cosplay? That explains it. Have you ever worked with Worbla then?

sabrinedemer
10-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Worbla is way too expensive. I have used some, but I'd prefer something more flexible. I'm going to be throwing down some serious Matrix moves in it.