PDA

View Full Version : annoying just annoying.

cosmo
01-08-2012, 08:46 AM
My local pool does'nt allow monofins, flippers, snorkel masks, or anything besides goggles a swimsuit and people!. I cant really swim in my tail or monofin inless i hire the pool maybe not even then. Its WAY TO COLD to swim in the ocean even on a hot day. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mermaid Sirena
01-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Did you explain it wasn't just a monofin but a real mermaid tail? Might help persuade them.

cosmo
01-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I tried to but they said I'd be restricting my legs to much (wimps) my opinion is that tail swimming is much better than swimming with legs!

aWittleNoob
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
SLAP WIT CHU TAIL FOOL D:<

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
It could be worse. I've been to places in France that insist that men wear nothing but speedos.

happyguava
01-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Hmmm I guess they're covering themselves in case something goes wrong. Which must be really, really frustrating because you know you can swim in your tail! Are there any other nearby pools you could go to?

Mermaid Star
01-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes, you may try other pools and see if they have the same rules or see if any of your friends have a pool you can swim in. Good luck to you!

-Annwyn-
01-12-2012, 11:35 AM
I think it's ridiculous and I think you should write a letter to your local council outlining the reasons why it is so. There is no applicable reason as to why you cannot have a fin in the water, as competitive swimmers use them to maintain correct posture.

Nate Walis
01-12-2012, 11:38 AM
No wonder the sea is too cold, you live in Scotland!

Ever wonder why there are more legends of selkies up there than mermaids?

But seriously, I think the UK is a bit behind the trend with mermaiding in public pools and then you have the overwhelming urge to keep to heath and safety rules as well.

It may be different in private pools, but I can remember things like snorkels, flippers and the like being out of the question in public baths as far back as the 1980s when I was last unfortunate enough to be forced to use one.

Manfred
04-28-2012, 04:24 PM
What about calling up a nearby hotel with an indoor pool? MAybe they would be willing to put you to work as a children's entertainer or something and let you swim for free, pay you, or even help you develop a niche career!

selkie13
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
I feel your pain Cosmo!!!
I'm seriously considering hiring the pool just so I can use it once my tail is completed. Why can't Scotland have as scorching summers like the USA, I actually live by the sea so its all the more tempting...till I go outside and its like 3C lol

MermaidStormy
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry they don't allow that for you Cosmo that sucks :(
Why do people have to be so stingy ?