PDA

View Full Version : Chat box is broken?

Mermaid Jaffa
10-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Where is the chat box? Did it get moved elsewhere under another tab? Is it broken?

I'm not seeing it up there as I usually do when I log in.

AniaR
10-08-2015, 10:21 PM
I believe it was taken down temporarily due to some drama last night.

theMerFanc
10-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Nuuu! I was looking for it all over too, since I'm new I wanted to meet people int he chat box. Will it be going up again at some point?

Merman Jon
10-08-2015, 10:39 PM
What drama?

Marlin
10-08-2015, 10:47 PM
A fight from one of the threads bled over into the chatbox so Iona took it off line for a while.

Merman Jon
10-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Oh ok.

Ashe
10-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Ah, how lame. The drama mucking up one of the nicest additions to the site...

SeaGlass Siren
10-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Well it got spread back to facebook. But thats none of my business.

Mermaid Jaffa
10-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Naww! Well... *fin slap* to everyone!:D

Winged Mermaid
10-09-2015, 01:07 AM
Yup, some members were breaking the rules in the chat box and wouldn't listen when I told them to stop or take it elsewhere. So I shut it down and banned several users for their actions. I'll put it back up but will be making it so the chat box retains chats for 24 hrs so I can monitor what goes on there better. It sucks but until this blows over that's the way it's gonna be. Apparently things are just blowing up on FB instead, which I knew would happen but oh well. Remember that harassment off the site counts too, folks.

Also it's hard to deal with all this becuase I'm visiting family and trying to pull together all kinds of last minute things for my brother's wedding in two days. So if something is going on where users are breaking the rules in the chat box PLEASE take screen shots and report it to me, Malingi, or to the MerNetwork email (mernetwork@gmail.com). If something is going on in a thread or PM PLEASE report it using the button in the bottom left corner.

theMerFanc
10-09-2015, 01:14 AM
Yup, some members were breaking the rules in the chat box and wouldn't listen when I told them to stop or take it elsewhere. So I shut it down and banned several users for their actions. I'll put it back up but will be making it so the chat box retains chats for 24 hrs so I can monitor what goes on there better. It sucks but until this blows over that's the way it's gonna be. Apparently things are just blowing up on FB instead, which I knew would happen but oh well. Remember that harassment off the site counts too, folks.

Also it's hard to deal with all this becuase I'm visiting family and trying to pull together all kinds of last minute things for my brother's wedding in two days. So if something is going on where users are breaking the rules in the chat box PLEASE take screen shots and report it to me, Malingi, or to the MerNetwork email (mernetwork@gmail.com). If something is going on in a thread or PM PLEASE report it using the button in the bottom left corner.

Sorry to here people can't be adults >.>

Any idea when the chat will be back up or how long you want to wait for it all to blow over?

Ashe
10-09-2015, 01:14 AM
:no-no: Wish you didn't have to worry about these things! Seems like MerNetwork is at a cool point as of now, let's hope nothing this bad pops up for a while.
Godlike with the wedding, by the way! <3

Winged Mermaid
10-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Chat is back up now.