PDA

View Full Version : Got my tail, Cali mers!

Delphinus
10-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Hey, Cali mers! I finally got my tail in, and it's MAGNIFICENT. I can't wait to hang out with you guys!

Anyone have any hangout ideas floating around? Maybe a pool day or something? I need to try mine in water.

Ashe
10-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Cute! Are you in the SoCal pod? I believe they're based in San Diego. I haven't gone to any meets but the second I'm done with my tail I would love to meet everyone :)

Delphinus
10-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I actually don't know. Is it the pod group on Facebook? I might be. But it also might be a CA pod group. >< I'm excited to have my tail, though! A pool day is in order!

Ashe
10-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I know everyone plans the meets on Facebook, but I just keep on forgetting to join :p I believe they meet in person very often! My friend went to a swim just last weekend.

Saelyyia
10-12-2015, 09:49 PM
The pod seems to do alot of meet ups through the facebook group I also haven't made it to any of them I only have my mahina fin and no full tail yet. *fingers crossed* but I did just land a really nice new job so I should have a shiny new tail for next summer hopefully. The downside for me is with them being mostly in SD is it is hard to get to. Kalani is the closest mer to my area. If you don't mind a little chill to the water we should swim this winter/fall sometime

Saelyyia
10-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Hey, Cali mers! I finally got my tail in, and it's MAGNIFICENT. I can't wait to hang out with you guys!

Anyone have any hangout ideas floating around? Maybe a pool day or something? I need to try mine in water.

Also your tail is very cool Delphinus I love the design.

Ashe
10-12-2015, 09:54 PM
While we are on the topic of Cali metopes, is anyone close to Leo Carillo beach? It's my favorite beach and with all of the rocks and tide pools and shallow water, it would make for great photos :) Wesely and I talked about a possible meetup there briefly, but most of the mers live in San Diego. I know that a few meetups have been in Long Beach, however.

Ashton
10-12-2015, 10:43 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/271568969577492/

^ the California Merfolk Pod :D

Delphinus
10-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Yup, the FB group is nice to be in. DANG, that Leo Carillo is a 1 1.5 hour drive on a good clear drive.

And thanks Saelyyia!

I just really want to get to meet some of you bunch. I haven't been able to get to a meet yet, and I just adore this community.

Ashe
10-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Just requested admission into the group :) Leo is about half and hour to forty minutes for me... Shoot I don't have many mers near me aside from mermaid Malibu but I've never gotten in touch with her.
Saelyyia, where did you say you lived again? I know we chatted about it but I lost the PM's

Ashton
10-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Just requested admission into the group :) Leo is about half and hour to forty minutes for me... Shoot I don't have many mers near me aside from mermaid Malibu but I've never gotten in touch with her.
Saelyyia, where did you say you lived again? I know we chatted about it but I lost the PM's

I over in the south bay/Torrance area. Malibu isn't that far away (when there isn't traffic)

Ashe
10-13-2015, 12:08 AM
Ah, okay. I haven't tracked her down, but judging by the town she lives in, I'd say we're no more than fifteen minutes away! What beaches do you usually go to, Ashton?

Saelyyia
10-13-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm just over in Ventura so if I recall I should be pretty darn close to you Kalani.

Mermaid Wesley
10-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Ohhhhhhhh you're the one who requested a join. I'll add you to the group lol sorry! I didn't recognize you and declined your
Friend request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashe
10-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Haha no worries, Wes :) I don't plan on using my Facebook much aside from keeping up on groups, so there isn't much to say that it's me.
Yeah that's right. My little town is in the Ventura County, about twenty minutes from the beach.

Saelyyia
10-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Hehe, I'm about 5-10 from the beach. Close enough to enjoy it whenever I want and far enough away the salt air can't hurt my car

Ashton
10-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Ah, okay. I haven't tracked her down, but judging by the town she lives in, I'd say we're no more than fifteen minutes away! What beaches do you usually go to, Ashton?
I go to Redondo-Hermosa-Manhattan Beaches a lot. And when I feel extra adventurous I will hike down the cliffs of PV.