PDA

View Full Version : The moon and the sun Mermaid movie trailer.

jvry8c
10-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Just found this and thought you might like it. Should be an interesting movie and the book is good from what i hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZsAxvpV6Fg

SeaGlass Siren
10-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Not a fan of the animation. Fan bing bing (the actress who plays the mermaid) was already gorgeous and goddess-ly with just her natural face. ;-; I am irked.

AniaR
10-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Looks so pretty but too bad they over did it with the cgi. When does it come out?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ashe
10-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Looks like a beautiful story but I have to agree with the animation... It's just awful to be honest. Some of the scenes look like they belong in a low budget children's movie. I'm also questioning the plot, it seems like theres a whole lot of little tangents going off in there, like the mermaid wasn't the main part of the movie... but still is? Not sure if that makes sense.
I'm still interested in it, however.

Imogen Finnly
10-24-2015, 06:06 PM
I'd still watch it. I should buy the book. Oh how mermaids will blow up on social media.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Keiris
10-24-2015, 11:27 PM
I actually just bought this book. I plan to start in as soon as I finish the one I am reading.

Echidna
10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Normally I'd be all over this, buuuuut.

We've already talked about the dresses and make-up in another thread.
I don't get why they're making a movie set in that time and then use modern prom dresses :/

What's worse is what they've done to Fan Bingbing.
I wonder if she would have agreed to star in this if she'd known what they would make out of her.

So they hire an otherwordly beautiful chinese actress and overlay her with CGI so much you don't even recognize her anymore, turn her skin to grey and her eyes to blue.
Huh?
They could have done the mermaid purely in the computer right away, no one would have noticed a difference...

mersheep
10-25-2015, 03:03 AM
The trailer reminds me of Ever After with Drew Barrymore. (Which had the Mona Lisa on a rolled up canvas LOL. Well la Gioconda is poplar as in it is painted on a wooden panel, but I digress...)
There also was a sense of Dr Who's The girl in the fireplace which make the virtual sets, look, well virtual.
My guess this is one of those "Family films" that sometimes gain a cult following.
Agreed that the mermaid could have looked better in the trailer ...

jvry8c
10-25-2015, 01:16 PM
I tend to agree. The overly cgi mermaid is a bit much in my book. I think a happy in between of cgi and practical costume effects like they did in aquamarine would have looked better. I'll still watch it since it has a mermaid and Pierce Brosnan (British guy as a french king lol). The end of the trailer is kind of cute with the little girl looking into the river and yelling "MOMMY A MERMAID!"

Mermaid Wesley
10-25-2015, 03:59 PM
*chanting* lesbian mermaid lesbian mermaid LESBIAN MERMAID LESBIAN MERMAID!
*sees the kiss at the end*
BISEXUAL LADY BISEXUAL LADY BISEXUAL LADY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Jaffa
10-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Lamest. CGI mermaid. Ever.

I'd only watch it to see if they kill the bad guy and live happily ever after. Oh and set the mermaid free along the way.

Merman Jace
10-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks for sharing! The mermaid's tail became CGI in post production, but the mermaid was actually swimming in one of the Mertailor's silicone tails.

malinghi
10-31-2015, 07:15 PM
It looks like they took the trailer down. I really wanted to see what everyone was talking about. How bad does it have to be for the studio to prevent people from watching an ad for their movie?

Mermaid Jaffa
10-31-2015, 10:00 PM
It looks like they took the trailer down. I really wanted to see what everyone was talking about. How bad does it have to be for the studio to prevent people from watching an ad for their movie?

Found one but its a collection of photos not a proper movie trailer. Oh and you only need to watch it to 0:37. The rest of the pics are repeat of the first set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQcW7Gdm8E4

Kittymermaid
11-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Why was the video taken down?

SeaGlass Siren
11-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Maybe because it was literally so BAD?

mersheep
12-27-2015, 01:44 PM
I guess this got shelved. There does not seem to be any recent info on this film. IMDB now lists it as 2016. Hopefully they saw the comments and are re shooting the mermaid without CGI...

jvry8c
12-28-2015, 03:44 PM
I guess this got shelved. There does not seem to be any recent info on this film. IMDB now lists it as 2016. Hopefully they saw the comments and are re shooting the mermaid without CGI...
I only hope.