PDA

View Full Version : How is there not a thread about Chloë Grace Moretz being cast in The Little Mermaid?

malinghi
11-09-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm genuinely confused. I know you guys saw it circulating around Facebook. Does everyone just not care?

Nyx
11-09-2015, 05:18 PM
I feel like there will be more fuss about it once they start really advertising it more and posting up images and trailers.
I'm happy she got casted though! I think she'll fit the role awesomely.
There's just not that much hype, not to mention we don't know what the tails look like yet (or if there will BE tails) which is what excites people the most in the community (it seems).

Starfrit
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I saw it circulating around FB, but I had a hard time getting the hype because I just... Have never heard of this Chloë person before, so I have zero base to go on in regards to her acting skills.

That, and honestly... I'm kind of ignoring the whole Little Mermaid retelling thing for now because I'm just so tired of the whole "Let's remake classic fairytales that Disney already did before, but make it ~*darker*~ and ~*edgier*~" thing. It always just felt like a moneygrabbing gimmick to me, and I'm worried this Little Mermaid movie is gonna be more of the same (and I know it's based more off the original fairytale, not the Disney version, which just makes me more hesitant tbh).

IDK, I'm interested to see how the tails and special effects look, and I'll maybe I'll feel more of the hype as trailers and reviews start coming out, but I'm having a really hard time being excited about it. :/

SeaGlass Siren
11-09-2015, 05:44 PM
^shes pretty good. She's been in multiple movies of different genres (comedy, horror, romance)

SeaMansa
11-10-2015, 03:16 AM
Yeah, shes a good actress but not someone i'd have picked to play the little mermaid. I know, it's not the Disney version, but still. *shrug*
I've had my live little mermaid fix still reeling (get it?) from Once Upon A Time. Now Joanna Garcia was a mermaid!
http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=33996&stc=1

Chole is pretty and talented but I just don't see her as that characters (again, I know she is not playing Ariel, I am just saying)

Aquatarian
11-10-2015, 03:41 AM
I saw it but I was honestly waiting for someone else to make the thread. I think it's cool we got an official name but I'm waiting for more progress on the film. Still waiting on a director so production won't even start until next year at the earliest.

Mer-Crazy
11-10-2015, 04:48 AM
I saw it, but wasn't sure if it was one of those legit things since we've had a few fake mermaids before and I didn't bother looking into it. Personally I have only seen her in Kickass so I haven't really seen her act anything other than smug, heartless hit girl so I'd love to see something where she has a bit of emotion. So for now I reserve judgement on the character.

As for the topic of 'disney' fairytales I'm all for them. They weren't done all that well and some of them are a little dated. Some of them have been done good, Cinderella was amazing and exactly how a remake should be done. But I was not a fan of Snow White and the Huntsman or Maleficent. So it'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

SeaGlass Siren
11-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Just to clarify, Snow White and the huntsman was not produced by Disney. Maleficent and Cinderella however was. This one isn't going to be done by Disney.

Ophelia Finn
11-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Just to clarify, Snow White and the huntsman was not produced by Disney. Maleficent and Cinderella however was. This one isn't going to be done by Disney.

That's a shame because in all honesty I think Disney would be more invested in getting it done right :( but I suppose we really won't know until it comes out as even production shots don't really show the full quality of the finished product (I was really disappointed in the production shots for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but adored the finished thing).

AniaR
11-10-2015, 11:58 PM
um I already shared it on the mernetwork FB page as soon as the news hit and now it's been shared to death? why make a poll...

SeaGlass Siren
11-11-2015, 08:04 AM
That's a shame because in all honesty I think Disney would be more invested in getting it done right :( but I suppose we really won't know until it comes out as even production shots don't really show the full quality of the finished product (I was really disappointed in the production shots for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but adored the finished thing).

In all honesty Id love to see a different adaptation for the little mermaid not produced by Disney. I'm sure eventually they'll do a live action remake of their version (red hair and all) but for now ild like to see the Hans Christian Andersen live remake.

Ophelia Finn
11-11-2015, 10:55 AM
In all honesty Id love to see a different adaptation for the little mermaid not produced by Disney. I'm sure eventually they'll do a live action remake of their version (red hair and all) but for now ild like to see the Hans Christian Andersen live remake.

This is very true. It would indeed be nice to see the original made although it depends who the film is aimed at. It doesn't exactly have a conventionally happy ending :P. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more natural redhead mermaids though :P

jvry8c
11-11-2015, 11:02 PM
The live action little mermaid has been a thing for the past 5 years so I'm not holding my breath. I just hope it is not super sad, the tail is not badly done cgi, and prince Eric has more than 3 lines of dialog.

SeaGlass Siren
11-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Its just "the prince." They'll probably give him a new name.

Keiris
11-12-2015, 01:19 AM
She's pretty and a good actress. She was great as a vampire in "Let the Right One in," and she also had a supporting role as Carolyn Stoddard in the remake of "Dark Shadows," as well as the remake of "Carrie" in the title role. She'll be able to portray an innocence, vulnerability and strength needed to fit the original Hans Christian Anderson role. Since the film has a new director on board, hopefully they can get it moving.
I am also glad it isn't a Disney production since they changed and "Disneyfied" much of the original, including her name and hair color. I would like to see a little more grit and a lot less singing seagulls. :p

SeaGlass Siren
11-12-2015, 12:46 PM
i still want my singing crabs thankyouverymuch

jukumerboii
11-12-2015, 01:19 PM
i for one am super duper excited for this! ever since sofia announced she was making it, it had my scales lifting! then she dropped out, a few months later they announce chloe! i feel like she is NOT going to disappoint in this role. im just ready to see how they are going to go about the under sea kingdom, the tails, the makeup, the dresses, the ship wreck scene, the getting her tongue cut out part, the blood on her feet,,,uughhhh pick a director already. tim burton would SLAY this film!!

although the mini version they did for Hans Christian Anderson My Life as a Fairy Tale didn't disappoint me.

SeaGlass Siren
11-12-2015, 06:52 PM
I remember when Disney did a retelling of the little match girl. it was true to the original but it was literally just too sad. like it physically broke your heart, fixed it, then smashed it again with a hammer (i saw it as a bonus feature on the little mermaid special edition dvd).

Tim burton would totally slay but i think he's working on Dumbo and he just finished Alice through the looking glass.

RomanLaveau
11-12-2015, 11:38 PM
I saw it circulating around FB, but I had a hard time getting the hype because I just... Have never heard of this Chloë person before, so I have zero base to go on in regards to her acting skills.

That, and honestly... I'm kind of ignoring the whole Little Mermaid retelling thing for now because I'm just so tired of the whole "Let's remake classic fairytales that Disney already did before, but make it ~*darker*~ and ~*edgier*~" thing. It always just felt like a moneygrabbing gimmick to me, and I'm worried this Little Mermaid movie is gonna be more of the same (and I know it's based more off the original fairytale, not the Disney version, which just makes me more hesitant tbh).

IDK, I'm interested to see how the tails and special effects look, and I'll maybe I'll feel more of the hype as trailers and reviews start coming out, but I'm having a really hard time being excited about it. :/
Well according to the articles I read it's not the Disney version since Universal is the one producing it, so it'll probably be a new take or closer to the original

Merman_Ryan
11-16-2015, 07:51 PM
My own stance.....I would rather have an orignal mermaid/merman/merfolk themed film rather then yet another adaptation of the same story. Will I see it? Maybe but as I stated on my Facebook 1) Don't copy the Disney version and do your own thing 2) Use practical tail effects.

Madison MerFaerie
11-16-2015, 08:46 PM
I'll wait to get excited when I see actual production photos. I had heard about Sofia Coppola directing and Kristen Stewart possibly starring (was that a rumor, or no?). I just don't want to get excited and have people bail on it again.

Mer-Crazy
11-16-2015, 08:51 PM
I'll wait to get excited when I see actual production photos. I had heard about Sofia Coppola directing and Kristen Stewart possibly starring (was that a rumor, or no?). I just don't want to get excited and have people bail on it again.
No Kristen Stuart isn't staring. Chloe is as far as we know. It was officially announced that Chloe was doing the role anyway. Personally I'd rage quit if Kristen Stuart went anywhere near this movie.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Madison MerFaerie
11-17-2015, 03:46 AM
I had heard about Kristen Stewart a long time ago, back before Sofia Coppola bailed out of the project. Months ago. Not sure if it was an actual thing, or if the Kristen stuff was just rumor. This movie has been in talks for a while, hence my apprehension toward getting excited.

Echidna
11-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Wasn't there also a spoof news that Emma Watson was going to play Ariel?

Anyway, I don't like Disney movies. I can't recall any project of theirs that was likable.
They just take old folk tales and kitschify them.

Sherielle
11-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Kristin Stewart would drown trying to swim with her mouth open all the time.

SeaGlass Siren
11-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Wasn't there also a spoof news that Emma Watson was going to play Ariel?

Anyway, I don't like Disney movies. I can't recall any project of theirs that was likable.
They just take old folk tales and kitschify them.

I will fight you.

I kid, i won't actually :P but if i could i would throw pixie dust on you.

Echidna
11-17-2015, 11:53 AM
if i could i would throw pixie dust on you.

you mean the kind that makes sober people jump continuously up and down while giggling, screeching and clapping? :p

I like funny movies very much, btw.
I'm just allergic to kitsch xD

SeaGlass Siren
11-17-2015, 12:26 PM
OH YEAH. :3

TONIGHT, YOU'RE SNIFFING THIS SNOW WHIIIIIIITE!!!

badkidbebe
11-26-2015, 10:03 AM
I love movies! I love Chloe! And I love mermaids. I'm gonna probably love the movie no matter what lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 08:52 PM
МБул (http://audiobookkeeper.ru/book/1110)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 08:53 PM
351 (http://cottagenet.ru/plan/1110)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 08:54 PM
Bett (http://eyesvision.ru/better-eyesight-magazine-better-eyesight-1922-10)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 08:56 PM
Bett (http://eyesvisions.com)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 09:00 PM
Haro (http://factoringfee.ru/t/1231949)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 09:01 PM
Пухо (http://filmzones.ru/t/1066981)

xaccer2
05-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Bonu (http://gadwall.ru/t/1207895)