PDA

View Full Version : Any Tampa-Orlando (or close-ish) mers willing to be a part of a small video project?

Mermaid Ellowyn
11-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi there! So, I go to school in Tampa studying Advertising and Graphic Design. For some reason, I decided to take a film course, and our last project is a short documentary on anything we choose.

I would love to make mine on how being involved in the mer community can be incredibly enriching, and on what people use it for (for example -- because they have a deep love of the water and mermaid, because it's a creative outlet, because it's a fun form of exercise, because they can spread awareness of various related issues, because they can turn it into a business.... and so on).

I would need to film interviews with at least ten merpeople (all genders, all styles/looks, anybody 18+ years old is welcome!), and also some shots of you doing mer-related things like swimming in a tail or showing accessories or something. The more mers the merrier, though!

In return for filming you, I can take a few shots (of both video or still photos, whichever you prefer or a little of both) that you can use for like gifs or profile photos or to add photos to your site (I'll give a limited license). I'm a photographer, not a videographer, so I can't guarantee the documentary or short film footages will be top-notch, but I do know how to take a photo :) And of course I will share the final documentary with you all!

I am in Tampa, but I am willing to travel a little if I get to work with you! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to work with me. The whole project is due a week into December, so I would need to get footage within the next few weeks. If I don't get enough interest, I will do one of my back-up non-mer-related ideas, but I would really love to do this on the community :)

Thank you!

East coast mermaid
11-17-2015, 06:46 PM
I would love to be involved! Sounds like a cool project, and I'm a mer from Brevard county but travel to Orlando Monday's- Wednesday (UCF related) but if you get enough Mers I'm up for it! [emoji4]

Mermaid_Athena
11-17-2015, 07:17 PM
I live in Venice, FL, and can travel to you if you like. Shoot me an email: FL.Mermaid.Athena@gmail.com

Mermaid Ellowyn
11-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Awesome! I am messaging you both now, thank you :) If you know anyone else who may be interested, please pass along the info or let me know and I will contact them!

East coast mermaid
11-17-2015, 08:38 PM
I don't know if you're on the Facebook page pod of the south, but you could post your information there aswell!

Mermaid Ellowyn
12-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Thank you to all who have shown interest or have met with me or tried to schedule something! I have enough footage now :) I'll post the finished class documentary when it is done!