PDA

View Full Version : New to the Pod of Texas

Moon_Lightning
12-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Hello there everyone. I just wanted to formally say my hellos and that I am glad to find other mermaids in the DFW area. Can't wait to meet everyone and it would be really neat to create some great lasting friendships with awesome merls. I get my first tail tomorrow and am so excited! I can't wait and am now searching for a pool close to Lewisville that is indoor and allows merfins. The only thing I got to get through until I try my tail is finals and my graduation next Saturday. Then it job search. Sink or swim time but I believe that I am ready to ride these waves.

More about me. My name is Amanda. I am getting a Masters in Interactive Technology but that is just a fancy title for game development. I hope to get into a game company doing environment design and prop work. As you can probably tell from that I'm an artist. I do enjoy watercolor and digital painting. I also love to sculpt and 3D model figures. Hope to start a line of ball jointed articulated dolls. The first ones will be merfolk. I am a gamer and love D&D when I am not swimming. And now this is starting to sound like a dating page. XD Lol.

Anyway lol I'm glad to meet everyone,

Amanda N. Stanley
Mermaid Lunaria <----- lookie I fin-ally picked this really rad awesometastic seabashing mermaid name! Booyah!

AmbrGlows
12-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the DFW pod Lunaria! I'm mermaid Sessilee. I live in the Carrollton/Plano area. Sadly over the last year most pools in the area have started prohibiting the use of monofins and tails except for a few. A few of them only allow them in the lap lanes but you must be swimming laps. The North Richland Hills pool that the pod has been meeting at is the only truly tail friendly pool we've got left. I work at a hotel and one of our sister properties has an indoor pool that I can ask about us using but it isn't very big and it's only 5' deep. I've not made it to many of the meets this year but I'm hoping that changes starting in January.

Mermaid_Sebina
12-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi Moon Lightning!! Sounds like we'll both have some free time coming up!! I'd love to have someone to swim with :)

Good luck on your interviews and congrats!! I've always wanted to play d&d (major lurking lol) but always too chicken to actually join a group, since I know so little about the actual gameplay. If you ever want a swim buddy shoot me a message!

SweeteSiren
12-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the pod sweetie! Don't bash your major, I have a feeling that interactive technology is really going to branch out in the next 10 years. Pretty soon, any interface that doesn't greet us by name and answer our questions intuitively is not going to be worth the trouble to most computer users. It's good to know we'll have access to an expert when the time comes. ;)

LauraLWatson
02-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Welcome Lunaria! We swim 3-4 days per week at the Kirby Creeek Natatorium in Grand Prairie. 11-1pm with 4-5 or 8-9pm as alternate options if everyone is busy in the mornings. Usually Mon, Tuesday, Thursdays and some Wednesdays or Fridays. Only $2 to swim. No membership. And VERY mer friendly!