PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Monofin vs. Wave Monofin: which is better for woman's 8.5 sized feet?

Kelby The Mermaid
12-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Ok i have a question i don't know if its already been answered (probably on another post but i am gonna be tedious i am sorry) I'm new to mermaiding and I plan on getting my first Monofin for christmas and I have womens 8.5 sized feet. Mine are relatively narrow as my family calls them dancer feet haha. Anyways So i keep hearing and researching the differences between the two and low and behold some people have said the rapid is to big for feet that are even 9 sizing, While the wave being "child size" is to small and is to tight. I know nothing about these fins so its really stressing me out. i don't want to have blisters because of a very tight fin. :$ :sweat drop:

thanks for the info and putting up with this new fishe's obnoxious questions! Happy Holidays may the tides be in your favor! :group hug:

Mermaid Jaffa
12-16-2015, 05:57 PM
The Wave is for kids and smaller size feet. Your best to go with the Rapid and wear thick neoprene socks or thick sports socks with it to make it fit better.

Elodea the Mermaid
12-16-2015, 06:20 PM
I asked this exact question about the exact same monofins and the exact same shoe size when I first joined, haha! Great minds think alike. As Jaffa said, definitely go with the Rapid. It fits me fine with or without booties and I'm a US Womens 8.5 Narrow [emoji4]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elodea the Mermaid
12-16-2015, 06:24 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?t=10583
Wave monofin, US 8.5 Women's?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kelby The Mermaid
12-16-2015, 07:36 PM
alright thanks good thing Cause right now i kinda Mc Giavered two flippers together not very magestic. ironically i automatically dolphin kick as u swim, i don't kick my feet sepeately, always have hence why family jokes i'm also part fish.:lol: yay for us dainty feet! xD
thanks guys!

PearlieMae
12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm a US Women's 9.5/10 and my Rapids (I had two) were wearable, but just a shade tight, and I would get cramps in the center of my feet, right below the balls of my feet. Wasn't so bad without socks, but I would get blisters from the toe holes.

A Rapid should be perfect for 8.5 with socks or neoprene booties.

Good luck!

Kelby The Mermaid
12-16-2015, 10:51 PM
Wow sorry to hear that! I actually have like a long roll of thick neoprene at my home so I can make my own socks!

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Harmony
12-17-2015, 11:27 AM
RAPID RAPID RAPID RAPID RAPID RAPID RAPID RAPID....Did I mention the rapid?

Mermaid Wesley
12-17-2015, 03:33 PM
I wear the wave comfortable at 7.5-8 women's shoe size. I've gotten people into it with bigger feet too. So really you should be fine with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelby The Mermaid
12-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Haha and here i thought harmony you were more of a finis wave fan ;P

Alright the rapid it is!

Mermaid Menanna
12-19-2015, 03:48 AM
I agree with the others, definitely go with the rapid. I wear 8.5 shoe and have narrow feet and my rapid fits wonderfully. It is much easier to wear socks/booties in the fin for one that is a bit too big vs having no recourse for a fin that is too tight. I also have a finis foil, supposed to fit up to size 9 but it's so tight that it strangles my feet and hurts terribly, with no way to fix it. The foot pockets on my rapid fit a bit snug, but not overly tight, so it doesn't hurt my feet yet my feet don't slide around in the pockets either. You may find you don't need any socks/booties for a good fit. :-)

Kelby The Mermaid
12-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Wow that sounds awful, thabk god I have neoprene fabric sheets on a roll here so I don't have to buy booties n just make some! and I ordered it tofay so hopefully it comes in soon O3o