PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids Are Us

AniaR
01-17-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.mermaidsrus.com/

They made Kylee's tail, howd we miss them? lol

RêveD'eau
01-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Haha that's a fun name! Who would have thought. How did you find that? When I met her I thought it was from the mertailor but it was super sparkly and I had never seen anything like it.

$1,250 is kinda pricey though for scales that look like the one I already have, IMO. But only because I feel like if I am going to be paying that much I want real sculpted scales. Beggars cannot be choosers though. ;)

AniaR
01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
yeah I hear you. Just always happy to see some new faces to the market. It was linked on the mermaid life website :D

Mermaid Shelly
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I am curious about these folks... Do you know who it is that makes them? They look really nice! :)

Mermaid Saphira
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Nice looking tails! A little pricey but if they are good enough to be used by the weeki wachee (<--sorry if I spelled it wrong) Then I guess it is a good investment

Gem Stone
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
I like the silicone because it's sorta in my price range! Yay! :) I am going to start saving up for one.

New York Mermaid
03-10-2012, 03:28 AM
i just ordered a custom shell top from them, when i get it,ill add photos and stuff :)

Mermaid Khalessi
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
i just purchased a tail from sandy, the tailmaker of mermaids r us tails. ive read somewhere that kylee is her daughter ? im not sure tho.

i love how the tails r so glittery.
i havent seen many very pictures of her tails up so ill def be posting detailed pictures of them once they come in. and ill be writing a review in the review forum.
sandy has been so kind and helpful throughout my purchase with her. she has one more silicone tail left for purchase on ebay if any of you ladies were interested.its pink and the fluke shape is so pretty. theres only 2 days left on that auction so check it out fast.

Mermaid Allie
05-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Are their realistic tails made of dragon skin or caulking?

Mermaid Khalessi
05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure what caulking or dragon skin is but she told me she uses silicone that comes in a tub.

Mermaid Varshana
05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Caulking.

AniaR
05-25-2013, 03:47 PM
yeah she got her start repairing mertailor's tails at weekiwachi when they were made of caulking etc. We're doing an interview with them for Tail Flip so hopefully you'll learn more about them soon!

Mermaid Avalon
06-24-2013, 07:59 PM
A few photos of my Mermaids R Us Tail which I purchased back in February.....I paid $575 and it is a full silicone tail. I was lucky to get it before the price increase! The glitter is awesome--- but it gets EVERYWHERE. I am lucky that the first pool I swam in let me come back after the mess I had inadvertently made :(
All in all, it is well made and Sandy is very wonderful to deal with. I just wish there was something I could do about the very unrealistic bunching.... (help?)

yeah she got her start repairing mertailor's tails at weekiwachi when they were made of caulking etc. We're doing an interview with them for Tail Flip so hopefully you'll learn more about them soon!

AniaR
06-24-2013, 08:06 PM
the bunching can only be fixed by taking the tail in.

H. M.
06-30-2013, 02:52 PM
I just ordered a Mermaids R Us tail, so I'll post some pictures when I get it. We emailed back and forth for a bit, and she was incredibly nice and helpful!

Mermaid Nerinae
07-01-2013, 05:16 AM
It definitely looks like the tail needs to be refitted, Avalon. It's kind of like wearing pants that are too baggy and you're looking for nice form-fitting jeans. If they're not fit right, there will be sagging and bunching that's really unattractive or distracting. However, if you get some that fit right then, man, your behind will look GREAT in those jeans! XD
Make sense?

deepblue
07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Be careful, I clicked on the 'real mermaids' tail page and it has music playing. I wish websites wouldn't do that. Nearly woke my toddler before I got to the volume (we're in the same room).

Anyway, on one hand, great prices- on the other hand, the images I'm seeing of gals in their tails all seem to have the same baggy problem. Maybe I'm just used to seeing much more fitted tails, but does anyone else notice this?

AniaR
07-01-2013, 01:24 PM
I think some of the baggy ones are coming from second hand tails that aren't made specifically for the person wearing them if I'm not mistaken? Not sure though

Mermaid Oshun
07-01-2013, 01:44 PM
people send them their measurements. I think it is most likely that some people dont measure properly OR they dont measure enough areas so say you measure the knees and the ankles but don't measure other landmarks in between. You dont know if the legs are straight, really curved and fleshy or what is going on in between the knees and ankles. So there could be errors in measurement on the part of the customer or insufficient measurement landmarks along the leg.

deepblue
07-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I saw the measurement form, but seeing the same flaw- or what looks like one to me- on three different women makes me think this is just how they design them.

Mermaid Avalon
07-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Sigh. Yes, the bunchiness is an issue and it makes me sad to see it. I did measure my ankles correctly, I think. I have also lost a bit of weight since measuring back in Feb, so that may have something to do with it.
Also, the tail takes in a TON of water. A LOT. I need 2 of my crew to "drain" me by having me lay on my back and lift the fluke up so the water drains out. This is never done in front of anyone; it looks ridiculous....
I have a new tail coming any day now (that's another story....) from merberry. I will be very interested to note the differences....

Mermaid Julianne
07-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I have a new tail coming any day now (that's another story....) from merberry. I will be very interested to note the differences....
Ooh! Avalon, make sure you post a review when you get it! I've been checking up on their Facebook wall but I haven't seen many reviews on here or on youtube.

AniaR
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I think all tails should be equipped with drainage holes.