PDA

View Full Version : new scuba gear!

Delphinus
01-11-2016, 05:41 AM
So today I went into our local shop (Orange County Scuba Center - a small group of divers banded together and bought it, bringing it new life. It's SO great!), and since I managed to get my dad interested in scuba again, we ended up walking out with over 2K in gear. :O We're both in a lot of pain in the ol' bank account, but it was worth it.

I'm looking forward to breaking in the new gear!

Who else dives in SoCal?

Mermaid Wesley
01-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Ooh I know this! I freedive a little and I have half of a scuba cert. admin Malinghi (Nate) dives and I think a few more too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MermanOliver
01-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Yup! Me for example! :D But not SoCal, more like the Baltic sea and lakes in Germany (brrrrr! California must be great. Warm water all year round with lots of fish!)

Currently I am saving for a decent drysuit to dive all year round, but those cost about as much as a silicone tail....
Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk.

suzanne86
01-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Did you add to your fins collection? :-)

Delphinus
01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Awesome! And I think I remember talking to you, Oliver! I'm really quite excited to finally be certified, and with good quality, brand new gear no less!

That would be amazing to have a couple of us scuba together some day! I need more dives to keep getting my groove, of course. :)

Fins? If you mean me, I DO have a pair of Atomic Split fins now. I used environment safe paint pens to draw Kyogre (legendary water Pokemon) markings on them. XD