PDA

View Full Version : Community Magazine Title Poll + Extra

Mermaid Sirena
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Alright the magazine is this --> || close to being done however we really need to hurry if we are going to get this out before next month.

Order of business for the community:

1) We need a name, please vote for your favorite in the above poll.

2) We NEED somebody (who was there) to write about the WMA.

3) We NEED Images (and permissions) from the WMA (Feel free to share more if you want!)

4) Are there any mermaidly events going on that should be noted? (Shelly we have yours) :D

5) WE NEED ADDS! If you make tails, accessories, bras, sculptures, paintings, or anything you want to sell we would love to have an advertisement for you.

5.5) I will create 3 adds for who ever claims them first. All you would have to do is provide the information and image(s), PM me on here or e-mail me at mermaidsirena@ymail.com. 3/3 Claimed

6) Photos from the community for a 2 page spread highlighting interesting threads and members of the community.

7) *Optional* Someone write a feature on a specific charity or organization.

Order of business for Individuals:

1) Cydney darling could you rework the horoscopes to be relevant to February? :)

2) Jewel I would love to have an article about how you fuse mermaiding and dance together. *poke*

Mermaid Jewel
01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Yes sorry, I'll finish it now and PM it to you or Raina?

Odette
01-19-2012, 12:49 AM
not sure what i can do to help but let me know if there is.

AniaR
01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
for number 2 I've got Cynthia's permission to use her awesome blog post and photos about WMA :D

AniaR
01-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Got Jewels! Thanks

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Odette you can help a few ways :)

1) If you attended the WMA, could we use any images you took?
2) Any images of you as your lovely mermaid self.
3) If there is a specific Charity or organization you are passionate about write a short article about it.

Mermaid Hamant
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
How much will the magazines cost?

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Free online :D

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
As far as mermaid events go, I've checked Brownielocks and the 3 Bears (a website that compiles nearly every imaginable holiday or observance) for upcoming events. While National Disc Jockey Day (Jan 20), National Hugging Day (Jan 21), Squirrel Appreciation Day (also Jan 21, and different than Squirrel Appreciation Month, which is in October), Answer Your Cat's Questions Day (Jan 22), Celebration of Life Day (Jan 22), Chinese New Year (Jan 23), National Handwriting Day (Jan 23), National Pie Day (Jan 23), Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day (Jan 23), Belly Laugh Day (Jan 24), National Compliment Day (Jan 24), Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day (Jan 24), National Peanut Brittle Day (Jan 26... I don't suppose we could make long skinny stars out of peanut brittle and call them Brittle Stars?), Fun At Work Day (Jan 27), National Kazoo Day (Jan 28), Curmudgeons Day (Jan 29), and Inane Answering Message Day (Jan 30), the only one of these holidays I can actually attempt to tie to merpeople is the last monday of the month, a.k.a. Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day (because mermaids deal with bubbles... and bubble wrap is awesome... stop looking at me like that), so that's a no go (note that February has a number of interesting holidays as well, especially for desserts and relationships and aliens and Charles Darwin, apparently).

Mermaid Hamant
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Free online :D
Ok! :) I have a couple of poems you could use if you want to. Don't know where they would fit though lol They are mer and ocean related. Also, you are free to use any of my pictures if you want. :)

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Feel free to email the poems or any pictures you would want to me or Aniar :)

Mermaid Shelly
01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
My goodness, I have a ton of photos from the WMA and you are welcome to any and all of them:
http://www.mermaidshelly.com/#!events/vstc6=mercon-2011

Please credit Chris LaPointe as the photographer if you use them, if you wouldn't mind :)

And if you still have space for an ad, I'd love to sneak Shell Tail Labs in there ;) I'll send you an email. Thank you!

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Thank you shelly! If anyone else want's to share photos as well please feel free! The more the better :)

Also you would be the first to claim an add, so no worries there is defiantly one for you!

Mermaid Saphira
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I would like an ad for my etsy shop!! Does it cost?? How do I go about doing it? Should I upload a picture or something? :D

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Just send me an email and we can work together on it there. For the first three no it doesn't cost a thing :)

AniaR
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
wooo progress. Sirena I sent you Dr Seaweeds article, Cyds stuff, and Cynthia, and Jewel.

I havent heard back from Linden (she wanted to take part but she seems busy) and I havent heard back from Oceana.

CynthiaMermaid
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Tail Flip is cool, but may be too close to the company, 'Flip Tails'.

RêveD'eau
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
^ That's exactly what I was thinking. Anywho, how much will it cost to get advertisement for selling seashell tops? I am going to make a banner-type thing to advertise.

AniaR
01-19-2012, 06:41 PM
so far we arent charging for advertisement, Sirena and I invested all our own times to do it, and the platform we're using is free. In the future we may need to charge but as it's a community thing we'd discuss here first. For now, free!

AniaR
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
the name is being chosen by community vote, so if you dont like it vote vote vote

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Right now I'm offering to the first three people who send me an e-mail about an add will get one designed for free.

HBMermaid_Angela
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi, I was wondering if I could claim one of the add spots for my Etsy...also I would love to write an article on A charity/organization. Let me know...you can email me at HBMermaidAngela@gmail.com

THANK YOU!

AniaR
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
please email US with your add.

Right now I'm offering to the first three people who send me an e-mail about an add will get one designed for free.

I should have clarified Cyd, you can put your own add in for free, if you'd like sirena to design you one that's up to her and $ ;)

HBMermaid_Angela
01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
I sent an email to the address Sirena provided at the beginning...Thanks

Mermaid Scarlett
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
ooo id love an ad in there :)
i have my fanpage..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scarlett-Ginger/149924798351371#!/pages/Scarlett-Ginger/149924798351371

my etsy..

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScarlettGinger (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fshop%2FScarlet tGinger&h=4AQEDUVcS)

im a fashion designer, i do jrock fashions, mermaid and pirates ..jewelry,clothes,costumes ..etc

i also do work with mermaid shelly :) making tails!!:D

Mermaid Scarlett
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
ahh just read above, whats the email to send this?? or did i loose my chance? lol

Mermaid Sirena
01-19-2012, 10:20 PM
--->
5.5) I will create 3 adds for who ever claims them first. All you would have to do is provide the information and image(s), PM me on here or e-mail me at mermaidsirena@ymail.com. 2/3 Claimed

AniaR
01-22-2012, 02:25 PM
THIS TUESDAY IS THE CUT OFF DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS