PDA

View Full Version : The Swim school on TV

AniaR
02-03-2016, 09:33 PM
that didn't go well... -_- she only spent 3000$ (less than I spent on one tail) on her company, thinks it's worth 3mil, and asked for 300,000. Also, I love that she claims to be the first and only when we've been doing it since 2010, and others before us longer. Oh the issues I have with this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QuKC6LSnz8&feature=youtu.be

Mermaid Jaffa
02-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Greedy gold digger. Its all I can say, honestly.

SiaTheMermaid
02-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I havent even got a company and ive invested more money into mermaiding than this. Someone was living in dream land

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mermaid Enora
02-03-2016, 10:12 PM
$3000 somehow got to 3million in worth??????
doesn't even make sense

SeaGlass Siren
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM
��.... Ugh.

Theobromine
02-04-2016, 12:16 AM
daaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaannnngggg

merstorm
02-04-2016, 01:13 AM
god I got more into my full body tail at this point then that

Winged Mermaid
02-04-2016, 04:45 AM
Wow, she went in SO unprepared. No solid numbers at ALL. And like you guys said, I spent more than $3k on my tail (and remember 3k USD is $2,187 in CAD right now). She went in with ridiculous figures and expectations, and no numbers to back up anything. If I were them in that situation, I'd laugh at her too! "I put in 3k into my business and so it's worth 3mil and you can pay 300,000 for 10%"?? Not to be mean but just, yeah.. Geez.

Saren
02-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Is this a Canadian show? I've never heard of Dragon Dollars before...I have heard of Shark Tank but that's for inventions right?

SeaGlass Siren
02-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Dragon's Den* is the canadian equivalent of Sharktank in which business owners offer potential investors a sales pitch.

Then they give them a presentation, show them the product and the investors decide if they want to go for it.

It may include innovative technology and new inventions. Not always the case.

Mermaid Enora
02-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Does mermaid kishiko know that's she's on aquamermaids instagram?
Theres another mermaid who's name I can't recall and can't find anywhere who's also on there. But I've seen her on mernetwork.
Theres no tag as to who they are.

PearlieMae
02-04-2016, 11:48 AM

Seraphina Suds
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Looks like Lilium. I just tagged her on it. Seems like they just took pictures from merfest and mermania.

Go get em, Pearlie!

Edit: ended up tagging both of them
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/04/4db5f90aabcf871ee1e139d50c06a84b.jpg

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Enora
02-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Lilium Yes....! That's her, it was on the tip of my tongue and been annoying me that I couldn't remember.

Merman Dan
02-04-2016, 01:58 PM
$3000 somehow got to 3million in worth?????? doesn't even make sense

Common Core math? ;)

Mermaid Enora
02-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Common Core math? ;)
Lol

well the Instagram pics are gone now.

Calizaire
02-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Lol

well the Instagram pics are gone now.

Noticed that.
Kinda lame using people's pics, implying they are associated with your business, then not crediting them or the photographers.

malinghi
02-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I think there are aspiring professional tailmakers who have posted on this forum and been told that they're totally unprepared that have spent more building a business then this woman.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

AniaR
02-04-2016, 08:11 PM
We have had MANY issues with Marielle here in Canada, gather round children.

1, she got her start by stealing Mermaid Linden's website (literally cloned it), photos, and video and giving it to the Canadian media outlets and some American ones, claiming it was her swim school. She stole content from other mermaids too. She gave it to the media as if it was her. And so the media in Canada had never seen anything like Linden and jumped all over that and she went viral and her "school" was seen as a success. All with stolen content. I helped Linden get it down and retractions printed, but by then too late. This is spoken about in a news article (what she did to Linden) here, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/inside-the-mesmerizing-mermaid-movement/article23521757/?cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

2. She calls herself the only mermaid school and the first. This is untrue. our company has had a mobile mermaid school since 2010 and our registered INC long before her. But even before us, there are mermaid schools dating back to 2002, one even run by a former Olympian. They were weekly sessions and summer camps at a lake. She called herself this in the Dargon's Den Video, and all over media, and on her twitter. I recently called her out on it.

3. IN one of her news articles she claimed to have only been swimming in a mermaid tail for 2 weeks after doing a photo shoot when she launched her "school", but she has now started claiming she's been at it for years.

4. In a VICE article she expressed happiness over the monofin bans because it will force people to come to her schools. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-talked-to-a-mermaid-about-the-mermaid-and-merman-bans-in-canada

5. At mermania, she followed everyone around with a camera. She came to my workshop for free, filmed it, and tried to put it online even though I told her no, that's my content, you don't have my permission, and people paid for that. I eventually had to get the mermania staff to tell her this. Mermania has decided that because of her breech she isn't welcome again, and they have to rethink their policy about filming. I also personally feel that she used mermania as a chance to grab one of Linden's fins to figure out how she makes them, as LInden's fins have been back ordered since July and were very hard to get in Canada. And there were many of them at mermania lying out for kids to use.

6. Mermaid Linden sponsored mermania, and Marielle came which was an after the fact conflict of interest because mermania weren't aware of that happening. They told her she was not allowed to solicit for her school (which is set up like a pyramid scheme) but she did constantly anyway.

7. She recently launched a kickstarter which has numerous issues with it that I'll break down here.

a) She took content from mermania without permission from people involved, and used it to make it look like her swim school and endorse her product. People have asked her to remove them from it. She hasn't.
b) she took existing product and is claiming to have invented it. Such as the inserts for monofins created by linden/body glove. She legit just took them out of linden's tails and put them in hers.
c) her "monofins" are cutdown finis fins. I confirmed with the person who actually did the cutting for her. She is claiming to have created these monofins and asking for backers to sell them.
d) her entire video features other companies monofins as if she created them
e) it has come to light that she has stolen patented information/product from another Canadian for this project, and that Canadian is taking her to court over it, and trying to get the kickstarter stopped.

8. She has been using other people's content on her instagram, FB, and twitter to promote her own work.

9. when confronted about these things she frequently lies.

10. We run a group for mermaids in Canada and have had many complaints from people who have taken her class, and people who have worked for her and weren't paid.

11. While she tries to come off like a huge success, we follow her enrollment for her classes on her websites. She often has all of 3 participants in a week. And often classes are cancelled.

12. She lied on Dragon's Den. She says she has 5 swimschools in Canada. She does not. We checked the registry. She has one on Toronto. One in montreal. She claims to have one on Ottawa but we could find no proof of it actually happening.

One of my biggest concerns here again, is dealing with the monofin ban and having her put kids in cut finis fins. it's not a matter of competition for us. Canada is a big country, but less people than california. Every issue for mermaids totally bombs our fragile system. We have worked and other mermaids have worked over a decade and only recently just been able to get the field to be taken seriously. She hurts us all with this recklessness.

Some Screen Shots...

SeaGlass Siren
02-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Applause. Applause all around.

lynsea
02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm sad you have to do it but Raina, you are fantastic at documenting this sort of issue and standing up for yourself in a respectable manner.

Madison MerFaerie
02-05-2016, 12:10 AM
I had NO IDEA about any of this. Geez, I don't really know what to think.... I'll share my PERSONAL experience with her since I am one of the few on the forum who has met her. I'm overly forgiving, and I can almost always find the best in people. I assume that everyone I meet is my friend until they prove otherwise. If someone like me can sense there is something amiss, something is really really freaking wrong.

On the last evening of MerMania I went out to dinner with her and some other gals. During dinner she told us all about her extensive research on monofins and fabrics as well as the success of her 5 or 6 locations. She also tried to convince me to open one of her schools in Wisconsin...thanks but no thanks. I didn't really appreciate that when I politely declined she kept trying to figure out why I wasn't interested...

After dinner we went back to the hotel. (Lillium, can you shed any light on her last minute room switch?) We put on our PJ's and watched Splash and welcomed some more folks who didn't make it out to dinner with us. Most of us had a great time, but she was really quiet and sat on her laptop the whole time working on images/video that she took during the event. A lot of times when I'd glance over at her she looked annoyed at our shenanigans. We skyped with Robert Short while watching Splash and most of us were GEEKING OUT and crowding to see his face on a tiny phone screen. She sat there like she didn't even care. I'm certainly not saying you have to obsess over it, but she didn't even seem to grasp that we were doing something that's kind of a once-in-a-lifetime cool thing. We might as well have been skyping with my mom for all she seemed to care.

It was really clear that the majority of us were there for fun, friends, and to bask in the glow of a wonderful community. "The magic" was very much alive in all of us. That really wasn't the case with her at all. Her vibe was weird.

So even though I didn't know all this shady stuff was going on, I sensed that something was awry. I mean, she was polite for sure, but it was kind of like a "one of these things is not like the other moment". Things make a lot more sense now. She seems to want to have a successful business at all costs, even if it costs her integrity. She was really only there to network and build some sort of mermaid school empire.

I'm glad this is coming to light. I can't believe she has the gall to lie and steal as if there would be no consequences. Shameful....

DexRicon
02-05-2016, 04:42 AM
I am *loving* this look into the economics and politics of the mermaid business. This whole thing is a world I'll never experience on any personal level whatsoever (though my wife owns an ultra cheap mermaid tail, she's allergic to chlorine, very self conscious about her body, and hates kids nearly as much as I do) I find that the various looks behind the curtain -the how, the why, the who- are utterly intriguing.

Echidna
02-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Ye, these kind of people exist over here in Europe as well- who regard mermaiding not as a fun hobby, healthy sport, or magical activity, but as a means to make money.
And not in an upright business kinda way.
They steal, copy, shamelessly lie, are all over the media with false claims and stuff that isn't their own.

The only recourse is to record all of it meticulously, and for the rest of the community to stand together.
Although regarding the general public, a single article with false claims is already enough and the harm is done. :(

Spindrift
02-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Dragon's Den* is the canadian equivalent of Sharktank in which business owners offer potential investors a sales pitch.

Then they give them a presentation, show them the product and the investors decide if they want to go for it.

It may include innovative technology and new inventions. Not always the case.

The British Dragon's Den was first before either of the two, I think. I've never seen the Canadian one before this, but I didn't like Shark Tank because I didn't think the investors were risky enough.

SeaGlass Siren
02-05-2016, 07:58 AM
It was. :P

ALL HAIL MOTHER BRITAIN!

AptaMer
02-05-2016, 09:16 AM
FWIW, the show orginated in Japan, and has been franchised all over the world. More details can be found here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den

Merman Arion
02-05-2016, 09:23 AM
I had NO IDEA about any of this. Geez, I don't really know what to think.... I'll share my PERSONAL experience with her since I am one of the few on the forum who has met her. I'm overly forgiving, and I can almost always find the best in people. I assume that everyone I meet is my friend until they prove otherwise. If someone like me can sense there is something amiss, something is really really freaking wrong.

I'm glad this is coming to light. I can't believe she has the gall to lie and steal as if there would be no consequences. Shameful....

Don't feel too bad. I also had NO IDEA of all this happening when I met her and discussed with her. She was really nice and friendly and even proposed that I come to Canada and work for her school as a merman. I admit I was tempted but honestly, if I had to choose, I would rather work for Raina's mermaid school.

Merman Andrew
02-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Wow. Firstly I'm shocked to hear about all these things Marielle has done to other people in Mermaid community, without seemingly any thought that it might come back to her. It's such a shame for me to hear, because when I first heard about her school I wanted it to be successful so that more people across the world can experience learning how to become a mermaid, but if she is going to do it at the expense of others in the community I'm not so sure I support her.

I think her going on dragons den was the wrong thing to do, and her making those inflated claims seems to be a reflection of her ego. She asked for way too much for way too little in return. Asking them to give her 100 times as much as she has put into the company in return for only 10% share??!

I don't think she understands the show at all - the dragons are looking for an idea that will be a runaway success and make them lots of money as investors. For starters a mermaid school isnt something that lots of people will go to, its a very niche market even if it is popular with those who are interested in Mermaiding. Mermaid schools are also not something people shell out lots of money to attend either, and even if she manages to get some resort contracts Im sure she wont be thier main event. Most tourists want to do standard touristy things, and as the dragons pointed out many attendees might be older/ retired, or are men that arent into the whole Mermaiding thing.

Even if her claims of 3 million were somehow even close to the mark the business would have to continue growing by the millions for the dragons to make a decent return on thier investment...yea nah. Theres a reason why they're called the Dragons - because they tear you to shreads if they sense BS!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Merman Andrew
02-05-2016, 07:46 PM
12. She lied on Dragon's Den. She says she has 5 swimschools in Canada. She does not. We checked the registry. She has one on Toronto. One in montreal. She claims to have one on Ottawa but we could find no proof of it actually happening.

I checked her website and it does mention 5 locations - 3 in Montreal (Aquadome, Petit Bourgogne, College Notre Dame), 1 in Toronto (Jimmy Simpson pool) and 1 in Ottawa (Ottawa University. The following page seems to confirm the Ottawa classes http://www.aquamermaid.com/collections/introduction-classes/products/introduction-class-ottawa-university-pool-adults-class. Perhaps the other locations are just not registered yet?

AniaR
02-05-2016, 08:00 PM
the montreal 1 is considered 1 as a business. Thats like saying I have 5 because I go to 5 pools lol

Merman Andrew
02-05-2016, 08:17 PM
the montreal 1 is considered 1 as a business. Thats like saying I have 5 because I go to 5 pools lol
Well, perhaps not an outright lie then but rather a misuse of words?

Mer-Crazy
02-05-2016, 09:14 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/E6QnPhU4OZxGAZD3pYT1IN9CEE3IEjOyffJ8yiyBowrU0NInd_ THCIkN9IUtV2ErTUqyty5Ksgp33tJwGdHTpOE67KX7TNecLtsm 9pct0thafARDjFH6yTECd6bnodSyJwmMMf-a9BSR91M4n39rNqEo4IKw2I0=w500-h208-nc
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Wdr3gOPGYFe_HrphjTx9nlT8wzmUko3anMnb0C5VgoBNQ1hk3F cg0uzOX2qrEW4Rgw0_nA1X=w352-h145-nc

This is how I imagine Merielle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Jaffa
02-05-2016, 09:38 PM
That Aquamermaid silicone tail and bra looks very very familiar. Scroll down to see it, its near the bottom. Also, how do you put on a silicone top that has no clasps or toggles? How much does silicone stretch?? And the tops on the fabric tails, are the same design as Miami Beach Mermaids.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aquamermaid/aquamermaid-tail-finally-swim-like-a-mermaid

Mermaid Enora
02-05-2016, 11:06 PM
So much ridiculousness. It never pays to steal others work and use it as your own.

Triton-Mahtlinnie
02-06-2016, 12:03 AM
So that monofin she's touting as being so amazing. That's just a cut Finis Rapid, right? I'm not crazy?

Is there any chance Finis might want to weigh in on someone else taking their fins, cutting the logo off, and claiming to be making them?

Theobromine
02-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Hopefully they will. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure stealing products and reselling them as your own is illegal...

Mermaid Momo
02-06-2016, 12:18 AM
That Aquamermaid silicone tail and bra looks very very familiar. Scroll down to see it, its near the bottom. Also, how do you put on a silicone top that has no clasps or toggles? How much does silicone stretch?? And the tops on the fabric tails, are the same design as Miami Beach Mermaids.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aquamermaid/aquamermaid-tail-finally-swim-like-a-mermaid

Looks like a finfolk fluke wise but I've never seen a design like that from them

Mermaid Jaffa
02-06-2016, 01:39 AM
So that monofin she's touting as being so amazing. That's just a cut Finis Rapid, right? I'm not crazy?

Is there any chance Finis might want to weigh in on someone else taking their fins, cutting the logo off, and claiming to be making them?

Its a copycat Finis fin. I've seen them on aliexpress and alibaba, when I searched, "teen monofin"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Adjustable-Swimmable-Mermaid-tails-Monofin-Mono-Fin-Flippers-Swimming-Goods-/351620130206

Its very stinky that the swimming video shows other people in their tails, but not her tails. I mean, if it were your business, wouldn't you want to show off your tails at the pool?

And what's with there being 51 backers but lower down, it says, "0" backers. Can you fake backers??

I'm kinda sad, with it overall, how she tries to go about her business. They are a very beautiful line of fabric tails. I would've added it to my collection but now that I know all this, I would feel like I was being ripped.

Triton-Mahtlinnie
02-06-2016, 02:40 AM
So it still isn't something she's manufacturing on her own.

Merman Andrew
02-06-2016, 08:15 AM
And what's with there being 51 backers but lower down, it says, "0" backers. Can you fake backers??

No, there are 51 backers. 0 backers thing relates to each particular reward, how many people have pledged that amount/reward. What I don't understand is the maths of it all. In the details section of campaign she breaks down the costs of why she needs 10k for crowd funding, it seems like with that money she is wanting to make around 50-100 tails (presumably for her own business to use) BUT with the pricing of the rewards she is offering, for around 10k raised she could potentially have to provide at least 130 tails as rewards, and not all of the money from crowd funding campaign actually goes to the person who is running the campaign (Kick starter for instance will take around 8-10% of the total raised) so, I can't see how she is going to come out on top from this, unless she is expecting that she gets people donating more the higher amounts than the lower amounts?

SeaGlass Siren
02-06-2016, 08:26 AM
One word:

profit.

SeaGlass Siren
02-06-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't think she plans on using all of that money, rather just keep it for herself. That's just my theory.

Merman Andrew
02-06-2016, 08:35 AM
I don't think she plans on using all of that money, rather just keep it for herself. That's just my theory.
But how? How can she profit at all with what she has to offer in rewards, unless the fins are in fact super duper cheap.

SeaGlass Siren
02-06-2016, 09:03 AM
She did say she was working with Chinese suppliers.
In short: sweat shops.

SeaGlass Siren
02-06-2016, 09:04 AM
Again just a theory.

Hollydell
02-06-2016, 04:34 PM
This is DISCUSTING. My heart breaks to hear all this. I watched Dragons Den when the episode was released and pulled out so so many flaws (Including the whole "Sandles" idea. You have to get your company on solid ground before trying to branch out of the country). I then checked out her website and was descusted finding all the stollen pictures, monofins, tails. EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS FAKE. I'm sorry to all the Mers she hurt along the way. And being a Canadian Mer myself, I'm really sad that she hasn't helped our cause of trying to have Monofins unbanned and shit like that. GAH This sucks.

Merman Arion
02-06-2016, 05:07 PM
From her FAQ :

" Êtes vous la compagnie la plus cool? Eh bien, c’est gentil de demander :) Nous sommes fiers d’offrir une expérience vraiment unique à nos sirènes et de vivre la magie d’un rêve d’enfance. Notre réussite est directement lié au support de notre superbe communauté! "

Translation : " Are you the coolest company? Well, thanks for asking :) We are proud to offer a really unique experience to our mermaids and live the magic of a chilhood dream. Our success is directly connected to the support of our beautiful community."

Merman Arion
02-06-2016, 05:10 PM
How conceited is she?!

I WANT TO BARF

https://media.giphy.com/media/mt0ZPnJPp4S5y/giphy.gif

Madison MerFaerie
02-06-2016, 05:17 PM
What community is she talking about? The mer community?

The community she steals from?

The community that she didn't genuinely seem to embrace at the BIGGEST MERMAID EVENT EVER HELD? (as stated in my previous post)

SeaGlass Siren
02-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Girl is so shady I could sunbathe around her and not tan. :| that's how shady she is

Mermaid Enora
02-06-2016, 09:49 PM
^ lol!

PhaylennMurúch
02-06-2016, 11:33 PM
would Kickstarter do anything if someone were to report the fund for theft?

AniaR
02-07-2016, 12:07 AM
yes and there's an open case right now between her and the patent owner, the lawyer has to contact kickstarter on Monday.

SeaGlass Siren
02-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Oh so she (patent owner) ended up getting a lawyer :0 good for her

Merman Andrew
02-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Marielle doesn't get anyone's money unless the campaign ends successfully, so Kickstarter could just cancel her campaign.

SeaNymph
02-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Just read this thread. A little off topic, but interesting what you said at page 1 about opening dates of different mermaid schools, Raina. Mermaid Kat for example states in her website and wikipedia that she opened the "world's very first mermaid school" in August 2012. Maybe people should start a serious world research about things they claimed to be "first", "world's best", etc. But I can understand of course that it sounds nice and impressive ;-)

AniaR
02-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Just read this thread. A little off topic, but interesting what you said at page 1 about opening dates of different mermaid schools, Raina. Mermaid Kat for example states in her website and wikipedia that she opened the "world's very first mermaid school" in August 2012. Maybe people should start a serious world research about things they claimed to be "first", "world's best", etc. But I can understand of course that it sounds nice and impressive ;-)

ugh, well I know we had one in Canada before that and Im fairly certain back in 2011 on mernetwork we were talking about others. I am so over the marielles, kat's, and melissa's of the world who have to make up stats about themselves instead of relying on actual hard work.

DexRicon
02-09-2016, 05:19 PM
ugh, well I know we had one in Canada before that and Im fairly certain back in 2011 on mernetwork we were talking about others. I am so over the marielles, kat's, and melissa's of the world who have to make up stats about themselves instead of relying on actual hard work.

If any of this was about the work, you'd have a point. But you mentioned that Melissa is in it for the fame. Yeah, she's got her mermaid thing, but if someone came up to her and said "So, the mermaid thing is cool and all...but I'm going to give you a giant bag of money if you do anything but what you're known for" she'd deny having ever owned a tail. She'd sue netflix to get the first season of Fish Tank wars removed because of her three minute appearance.

Celesteofthewaterlilies
02-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Wow I knew it was bad I didn't know it was THIS bad, so staying far away . What a mess she has made and yet is still digging a deeper grave.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AniaR
02-28-2016, 11:02 AM
I am continuing being contacted by disgruntled employees and ex employees of her. I wish I had something better for them!!

jvry8c
02-28-2016, 01:19 PM
http://imgur.com/c9qF9
what this feels like for me. Honestly i'm a bit shocked. She seemed really nice at mermania and thought well of her. Kind of surprised i guess but then again I very trusting fish.

Celesteofthewaterlilies
02-28-2016, 03:00 PM
I just watched the whole video and lol how awkward that girl modeling the tail must have felt. Like OK guys it's not going well someone please wheel me out.

This is just crazy she needs to make her school work on her own before demanding so much. And jeeze don't act like you are the only one in this ocean.

Merman Andrew
02-29-2016, 12:28 AM
yes and there's an open case right now between her and the patent owner, the lawyer has to contact kickstarter on Monday.
Hmm I just checked the Kick Starter project, it's still going and so far has raised over $16000! Which means in 5 days if her project is not closed down I think she will get everyones money!

AniaR
02-29-2016, 09:23 AM
yup looks like it. Yay for crappy tails coming out of Canada! This will be the second one coming out that I am deeply concerned about the quality and what that means for safety.

Celesteofthewaterlilies
02-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Just great.. It's going to be like when you get a really bad movie made out of a really good book but no one's read the book.

AniaR
03-06-2016, 01:00 PM

Her latest move, spamming everyone else's videos with her shoddy stolen product.

Merman Andrew
03-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Her latest move, spamming everyone else's videos with her shoddy stolen product.
Spam her back with 100 other better places you can buy a tail from :)

Mermaid Jaffa
03-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Spam her back with 100 other better places you can buy a tail from :)

Nah! That means Raina would have to stoop so low, she's one tough fishy if you don't know already.

Celesteofthewaterlilies
03-31-2016, 08:23 PM
https://youtu.be/CKMDYdIScYM

I watched acouple of her videos, she has come a long way in production, it's just a shame of how she isn't being 100% honest

AniaR
03-31-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah she learned how to manage youtube by coming to my class without paying for it, and filming it! looks like she's just copying my blog format now. I mean I don't have dibs on it, but just knowing how she is...

It's interesting she teaches swimming, she isn't an instructor at all or have any swim experience. I wasnt even comfortable doing a swim school til I was paired up with a talented swim instructor so we could make sure our class was meeting both my vision for mermaid safety, and theirs for swimming.

I see she's ripping off Traci Hines shell tops

So hypocritical her saying anything about safety.

See she's running out of good credit now since dragon's dens so I know she's just reaching for whatever she can.

SeaGlass Siren
03-31-2016, 09:10 PM
Of course what else is she ripping off :/

Melamermaid_Kendra
06-23-2017, 04:08 AM
I've never unsubscribed to a channel that fast.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

breezy588
06-24-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm new to the mernetwork community and wow, I've never wanted to leave somewhere so fast as reading this bullying forum! Is there no moderation here?

It is one thing to have a discussion about something that is wrong and upsetting, but attacking people's character? It shows more about your character than theirs. This discussion is not constructive, it's just catty bullying and harassment.

The mer community should be better at supporting each other than the rest of the world, but these responses show otherwise, going on and on with hatred and disrespect....

Mermaid Cerulean
06-24-2018, 09:57 PM
You have awoken a beast known as an old thread. Well, now so have I, but nevertheless, be careful next time.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Echidna
06-24-2018, 11:19 PM
I had forgotten about this thread, and didn't realize that the Aquamermaid Channel Youtube was pestering me with is her.
So thanks for reviving it :D

A while back I watched some of those vids. They seem to be targetted exclusively at beginners.
In one of them, she showcased different flips and spins and the classic synchro figure "dolphin", but dubbed them all with different, "special" names which she probably uses in her swim school.

So I asked where she got all the names (stuff like "angel spin, superman spin" etc) from or if she simply invented them.
Not in a catty way, I was just curious about the lingo and why she changed a synchro figure's name (international lingo) to something entirely else.
Needless to say, I never got an answer.

AniaR
06-25-2018, 09:49 AM
yup. posting facts is so bullying. probably NOT the place for someone who joins just to complain about that, says a lot more about YOUR motives and interests. We have an introduction thread you know. We are under no obligation to support someone who has frequently screwed over community members. I mean, this person got their start by stealing all of mermaid linden's content - it was even written about in The Globe and Mail. Then after this thread was posted, continued to go on using and misappropriating photos and videos from conventions to falsely represent her swim school, and then an event. A lot more has happened in 2 years since this thread was posted.

if you can't handle accountability, then no, this isn't the place for you.

PearlieMae
06-26-2018, 11:36 AM
Wow, nice way to stir up necro-posts...and suddenly, Marielle is looking for pools in NYC to conduct mermaid classes. Someone's gonna get fin slapped! If ever was a place for a mermaid turf-war, it's NYC.

"Merm-iors....come out and plaaaaaay!"
http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/warriors-come-out-and-play-gif-8.gif

Satine
06-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Her silicone tail looks like she ripped off merbellas to me, the only thing I’ve seen that looks uniquely hers is the sports bra type silicone top she has but I’m willing to bet that was ripped off from some where to. I am ashamed to say her and mermaid Melissa were the first silicone mermaids I ever saw online. But thankfully I found Raina on YouTube a few days later and after that my world was changed forever! Thank god for Raina and all the other good folks of this community!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

widget
12-26-2018, 08:16 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aquamermaid/aquamermaid-tail-finally-swim-like-a-mermaidWoooooow.... What a sketchy video. It definitely looks like a cut finis fin and they also had a second fin that wasn't the finis fin at all in that video. The silicone stuff looked copied from finfolk and the top would be impossible to put on! It also looks very poorly made (like shitty job).

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

widget
12-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Its a copycat Finis fin. I've seen them on aliexpress and alibaba, when I searched, "teen monofin"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Adjustable-Swimmable-Mermaid-tails-Monofin-Mono-Fin-Flippers-Swimming-Goods-/351620130206

Its very stinky that the swimming video shows other people in their tails, but not her tails. I mean, if it were your business, wouldn't you want to show off your tails at the pool?

I'm kinda sad, with it overall, how she tries to go about her business. They are a very beautiful line of fabric tails. I would've added it to my collection but now that I know all this, I would feel like I was being ripped.Not to mention one of the photos is obviously a finfun mermaidens purple tail!!! Like ummm

widget
12-26-2018, 08:29 PM
I'm new to the mernetwork community and wow, I've never wanted to leave somewhere so fast as reading this bullying forum! Is there no moderation here?

It is one thing to have a discussion about something that is wrong and upsetting, but attacking people's character? It shows more about your character than theirs. This discussion is not constructive, it's just catty bullying and harassment.

The mer community should be better at supporting each other than the rest of the world, but these responses show otherwise, going on and on with hatred and disrespect....What she did was wrong and apparently she still is continuing to do this. It's not okay to steal content, claim content as your own when it isn't, and be a general bad apple to the rest of the mermaiding community.

Leonidas Lopez
05-16-2022, 04:29 AM
An interesting discussion, imagine, I'm about to graduate from university but have not learned to swim. This is more likely from the lack of free time for classes at the swimming school. I plan to resolve this issue soon, as other students and I are planning to celebrate graduation on the beach and for my safety, I'd better learn how to swim. I found on https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/privatewriting/ a review of one of the services that could take on some of my writing assignments to free up time for learning to swim. Wish me luck on this.